Hydaelyn Role-Players
Would someone be willing to be queen for a day? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Would someone be willing to be queen for a day? (/showthread.php?tid=6764)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Would someone be willing to be queen for a day? - Clover - 03-26-2014

(03-26-2014, 11:44 AM)Erik Mynhier Wrote: Maybe a community elected group to organize large scale events is in order.
T-that'd be so nice!
A while ago, other people and myself suggested the possibility to use this community to also tell a global story, organizing events that would affect everyone and make the world move forward. We could have some sort of a chronicle/calendar that tells how the story we all create unfolds. For example, if any important battle against the imperials happens, or if any Primal reappears. However, it was decided that such a thing couldn't be done because many people would disagree, which I don't get. How can anyone disagree with a chance to have a dynamic world and actual stories to react to? I know it might be difficult to coordinate, but if people keep an open mind and want it to happen, is it really impossible?

I guess your event has made me want to suggest such a thing again, haha. Sorry for the spam. orz

RE: Would someone be willing to be queen for a day? - Kage - 03-26-2014

I think the problem is that it is indeed very hard to coordinate. Maybe it's also just me, but my concept of time in RP and in-game is extremely fluid except for the fact that things that had happened happened and those happening now are happening now... Past and then present. Some people may strongly dislike certain events that happen or dislike when it happens.

It's not impossible but sometimes people don't want to be affected by everyone else's RP.

Not to mention the coordination of OOC timing haha

RE: Would someone be willing to be queen for a day? - Erik Mynhier - 03-26-2014

(03-26-2014, 02:12 PM)Clover Wrote:
(03-26-2014, 11:44 AM)Erik Mynhier Wrote: Maybe a community elected group to organize large scale events is in order.
T-that'd be so nice!
A while ago, other people and myself suggested the possibility to use this community to also tell a global story, organizing events that would affect everyone and make the world move forward. We could have some sort of a chronicle/calendar that tells how the story we all create unfolds. For example, if any important battle against the imperials happens, or if any Primal reappears. However, it was decided that such a thing couldn't be done because many people would disagree, which I don't get. How can anyone disagree with a chance to have a dynamic world and actual stories to react to? I know it might be difficult to coordinate, but if people keep an open mind and want it to happen, is it really impossible?

I guess your event has made me want to suggest such a thing again, haha. Sorry for the spam. orz
Oh no, not at all. I feel the same, but also see the argument against it. But what I refer to as a community planner is a group that sets up events like Ball.