Hydaelyn Role-Players
Introducing the "Favour" System! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Introducing the "Favour" System! (/showthread.php?tid=6811)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Introducing the "Favour" System! - McBeefâ„¢ - 04-01-2014

(04-01-2014, 03:26 PM)Zyrusticae Wrote: I'd rather they let us romance our retainers.

I mean, it'd make a lot more sense than every single player romancing the same story NPCs.

If you're going to break protocol and cross the threshold between romantic and professional relationships, you may as well do it right!

Retainer Venture

Quick Exploration: My Pants

Item's found: Snurble Tuft

8800 XP gained.

RE: Introducing the "Favour" System! - Naunet - 04-01-2014

I just want to be able to romance Titan. He spends hours flashing me with his flirty skirt but refuses to put out. You can only play hard to get for so long, rockman!

RE: Introducing the "Favour" System! - Koninbeor - 04-01-2014

(04-01-2014, 03:53 PM)Naunet Wrote: I just want to be able to romance Titan. He spends hours flashing me with his flirty skirt but refuses to put out. You can only play hard to get for so long, rockman!

The logistics of this... Huh If you thought Roegadyn on Lalafell was bad... Surprise I wish you the best of luck!

RE: Introducing the "Favour" System! - synaesthetic - 04-01-2014

(04-01-2014, 03:42 PM)Natalie Mcbeef Wrote: Retainer Venture

8800 XP gained.

I don't even want to know why there was a snurble in your pants.

RE: Introducing the "Favour" System! - Magellan - 04-01-2014

(04-01-2014, 03:29 PM)Koninbeor Wrote: While I wouldn't have any aversion to romancing my incredibly awesome retainer, I still wouldn't pass up a chance to romance Minfilia. Oh, Minfilia, if only you were real and thought I was awesome.
 *snerks*

(04-01-2014, 04:39 PM)synaesthetic Wrote:

8800 XP gained.

If it was a male toon then I'd venture for the same reason as some guys stuffing socks into their pants. With a female toon? Er... maybe the venture was in pants that weren't being worn at the time? Could be some kind of Trouble with Tribbles scenario or something.

RE: Introducing the "Favour" System! - synaesthetic - 04-01-2014

I don't get why people like Minfilia. She's a terrible character. She's incredibly passive, does nothing, gets totally debilitated by the Standard Female Grab Area and is effectively the damsel-in-distress, which is a character trope so overused, outdated, uncreative and sexist that it just blows my friggin' mind that a modern writing team even thought it was a good idea.

Thancred is the stereotypical anime/manga white-haired pretty boy. Smarmy, full of himself, annoying as all get out and thinks he's the dog's bollocks. I don't get why people like him either!

Papalymo and Yda are... well, they're kinda fun. I'll give them a pass, though Yda's the standard Yuffie/Selphie/Penelo manic-pixie-dream-girl character that virtually all Final Fantasy games have... meh.

Y'shtola, now she's a whole 'nother story. Classy, lovely, powerful, smart, knowledgeable and gets shit done. Clearly she is the best!

(04-01-2014, 04:58 PM)synaesthetic Wrote: I don't get why people like Minfilia. She's a terrible character. She's incredibly passive, does nothing, gets totally debilitated by the Standard Female Grab Area and is effectively the damsel-in-distress, which is a character trope so overused, outdated, uncreative and sexist that it just blows my friggin' mind that a modern writing team even thought it was a good idea.

Thancred is the stereotypical anime/manga white-haired pretty boy. Smarmy, full of himself, annoying as all get out and thinks he's the dog's bollocks. I don't get why people like him either!

Papalymo and Yda are... well, they're kinda fun. I'll give them a pass, though Yda's the standard Yuffie/Selphie/Penelo manic-pixie-dream-girl character that virtually all Final Fantasy games have... meh.

Y'shtola, now she's a whole 'nother story. Classy, lovely, powerful, smart, knowledgeable and gets shit done. Clearly she is the best!

I'm sorry, what was that? I couldn't hear you over the sound of my own drooling over Minfilia. Heart Why do I not have a Minfilia banner to wave for no good reason?!

RE: Introducing the "Favour" System! - Kage - 04-01-2014

I personally dislike Minfillia's character. I am fine with both Papalymo and Yda. Sometimes I dislike Y'shtola just because she's a little judgey but well that's natural.

I'd need to dress my retainer better if I wanted to romance her or my lalafell retainer. hrm.

8800 XP gained.

Heh, you'll understand when you're older. Wink

(04-01-2014, 05:18 PM)Natalie Mcbeef Wrote:

8800 XP gained.

Heh, you'll understand when you're older. Wink
I got the reference joke but oh god I never want to think about this ever again. *tries to mind bleach*

(edit for clarification)

RE: Introducing the "Favour" System! - Candor - 04-01-2014

This April Fool's Day joke implies that SE is capable of creating a character any person could actually enjoy.

...ha.

(04-01-2014, 05:35 PM)Gyr Wrote: This April Fool's Day joke implies that SE is capable of creating a character any person could actually enjoy.

...ha.

Clearly you've never met papashan.

[Image: WacNSLy.jpg]

Oh Papashan... you can rescue me any day.

(04-01-2014, 05:41 PM)Natalie Mcbeef Wrote:
(04-01-2014, 05:35 PM)Gyr Wrote: This April Fool's Day joke implies that SE is capable of creating a character any person could actually enjoy.

...ha.

Clearly you've never met papashan.
Oh shiiiit that is right. Papashan please take Kage now..

(04-01-2014, 05:12 PM)ExKage Wrote: I personally dislike Minfillia's character. I am fine with both Papalymo and Yda. Sometimes I dislike Y'shtola just because she's a little judgey but well that's natural.

I'd need to dress my retainer better if I wanted to romance her or my lalafell retainer. hrm.

Who needs to like her? I thought we were talking about something else...