Hydaelyn Role-Players
Patch 2.25 Notes Updated! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Patch 2.25 Notes Updated! (/showthread.php?tid=6981)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Patch 2.25 Notes Updated! - Kage - 04-24-2014

Patch notes here
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/506a135c96590f304f18e8c110b45897e3a016cf

Event A new quest has been added.

Marvelously Mutable Materia Level 19 Central Thanalan (X:23 Y:14) NPC: Kokosamu

The strength of the Echo granted in the Binding Coil of Bahamut has been increased. The Echo will take effect upon entering the Binding Coil of Bahamut, increasing players' maximum HP, damage dealt, and healing magic potency by 15%. * Unlike other instances, the strength of the Echo will not increase upon total party incapacitation. * The Echo will not be applied in Turn 3. * The strength of the Echo is scheduled to be increased two weeks after the release of patch 2.25.

The Tidal Wave Shield and Tidal Wave Buckler have been added as rewards to The Whorleater (Extreme). Players who have already used a Mirror of the Whorl to upgrade a wave shield or wave buckler prior to patch 2.25 will be compensated with an additional Mirror of the Whorl. * These mirrors will be distributed via the moogle delivery service after the release of patch 2.25.

Players who have completed the quest "A Relic Reborn" in Version 1.0 can unlock the Hydra and Dhorme Chimera trials at the following locations: A Relic Reborn: The Chimera - Coerthas Central Highlands (X:32 Y:7) A Relic Reborn: The Hydra - Eastern Thanalan (X:14 Y:30)

Ventures have been added as rewards for treasure hunting.

The number of seeds obtained through intercrossing when using Shroud Topsoil has been adjusted. This adjustment is intended to ensure balance with the number of seeds received when intercrossing using Shroud Topsoil in comparison to Thanalan Topsoil.

A system message will be displayed when Challenge Log entries near completion.

Battle System The maximum PvP rank has been raised to 40. New PvP gear has been added. The following PvP gear can now be purchased from the Storm Private and Storm Sergeant NPCs at Wolves' Den Pier (X:6 Y:5)

The Materia Transmutation system has been added. Materia transmutation can be unlocked by completing the following quest:

Quest: Marvelously Mutable Materia Required Level Level 19 Location Central Thanalan (X:23 Y:14) NPC: Kokosamu Prerequisites Players must first complete the quest "Life, Materia, and Everything."

The following gear can now be dyed: Darklight Helm / Darklight Eyepatch of Striking / Darklight Eyepatch of Aiming / Heavy Darklight Armor / Darklight Cuirass / Darklight Corselet of Striking / Darklight Corselet of Aiming / Darklight Cowl of Casting / Darklight Cowl of Healing / Heavy Darklight Flanchard / Darklight Trousers / Darklight Subligar / Darklight Kecks / Darklight Breeches of Casting / Darklight Breeches of Healing / Heavy Darklight Gauntlets / Darklight Gauntlets / Darklight Bracers of Striking / Darklight Bracers of Aiming / Darklight Gloves of Casting / Darklight Gloves of Healing / Darklight Sollerets / Darklight Caligae of Striking / Darklight Caligae of Aiming / Darklight Boots of Casting / Darklight Boots of Healing

The color of the following item icons has been changed to improve visibility: Atma of the Maiden / Atma of the Scorpion / Atma of the Water-bearer / Atma of the Goat / Atma of the Bull / Atma of the Ram / Atma of the Twins / Atma of the Lion / Atma of the Fish / Atma of the Archer / Atma of the Scales / Atma of the Crab System

New achievements have been added. Cutting Your Wolf Loose: Maelstrom V Achieve PvP rank 40 with the Maelstrom. Title: Lominsan Stalker Cutting Your Wolf Loose: Twin Adder V Achieve PvP rank 40 with the Twin Title: Gridanian Stalker Cutting Your Wolf Loose: Immortal Flames V Achieve PvP rank 40 with the Immortal Flames. Title: Ul'dahn Stalker I Got a Good Materia Obtain a high-grade materia through transmutation. -

The average waiting time for Melee DPS and Ranged DPS will now be displayed separately in the Duty Finder. Treasure maps and Trials of the Braves books can now be viewed while mounted. Certain furnishings can no longer be obtained via quick exploration ventures.

This adjustment is intended to ensure balance in the distribution of materials and items related to high-level recipes introduced in patch 2.2.

((I can't access the PVP notes but they're rank 40))

RE: Patch 2.25 Notes Updated! - Melkire - 04-24-2014

Darklight gear will be dyeable. That's what I got out of that.

...did I miss anything important? Other than Coil getting even easier, I mean.

RE: Patch 2.25 Notes Updated! - Clover - 04-24-2014

(04-24-2014, 11:20 AM)Melkire Wrote: Coil getting even easier, even easier, even easier
Coil is supposed to be easy? ._.
That'd be a change I'd personally welcome, as my attempt to beat T4 has been fruitless.

RE: Patch 2.25 Notes Updated! - Jana - 04-24-2014

T1 through T4 are pretty easy with a coordinated group, it's T5 that echo is mostly for.

I do appreciate them changing the displayed average time for ranged and melee DPS queues but it won't really make a difference in the actual waiting game. I also think they should make changes to PvP or add some other way to actually PvP before raising the rank cap and adding gear. It's too boring and most people don't really touch it as it is.

RE: Patch 2.25 Notes Updated! - Kage - 04-24-2014

I don't touch PVP because I just die every time and I have no idea what I'm doing *whistles*

I've gotten pretty good ok or good at doing T1-2 on both PLD and BLM.
My raid group pretty much did T4 for the clear and just threw ourselves at Twin.

It's definitely helped, that echo buff, but it's not something that makes it laughable at clearing when you haven't tightened up all the screws and such.

Are you doing T4 with a constant/consistent group Clover or are you mostly just using PF or DF?

RE: Patch 2.25 Notes Updated! - Zyrusticae - 04-24-2014

I'm with you guys in not touching Atma until they do something about the outrageous level of RNG.

Stuff like that is why I never bother with affixing in PSO2. Just not fun, at all. Of course, I expect them to nerf it eventually anyway just like they made Myths much easier to attain.

And I really don't appreciate them trying so very hard to incentivize PvP with gear instead of making the PvP more interesting itself. More than likely we will simply never/hardly ever see anyone wearing a complete set of the stuff.

RE: Patch 2.25 Notes Updated! - Edgar - 04-24-2014

FINALLY

DYEABLE DARKLIGHT