Hydaelyn Role-Players
Announcing the Recruit a Friend campaign! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Announcing the Recruit a Friend campaign! (/showthread.php?tid=7826)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Announcing the Recruit a Friend campaign! - K'nahli - 07-31-2014

How unfortunate. I'll be kicking myself when they reveal alternative ways to get the mount after I waste my money.

RE: Announcing the Recruit a Friend campaign! - Warren Castille - 07-31-2014

(07-31-2014, 07:11 AM)Elyscia Wrote: I'm so excited! I should get my chocobo tonight, invited a friend and told him to go find 90 days worth of time cards and I'd pay it for him.

In-game rewards will be granted based on the number of subscription days accumulated. Note that the 30 day free trial period will not be counted. To receive reward items immediately, you must purchase subscription days using a game time card. Items will be delivered via the moogle delivery service.

WHO WANTS TO RIDE WITH ME?

I'm interested. You've played with my bird enough!

RE: Announcing the Recruit a Friend campaign! - Clover - 07-31-2014

(07-31-2014, 09:26 AM)K Wrote: How unfortunate. I'll be kicking myself when they reveal alternative ways to get the mount after I waste my money.
That's what I'm fearing too. Otherwise, I don't knooooow... I might be too weak to resist the temptation of paying for a fake account...

RE: Announcing the Recruit a Friend campaign! - Miza - 07-31-2014

(07-31-2014, 09:26 AM)K Wrote: How unfortunate. I'll be kicking myself when they reveal alternative ways to get the mount after I waste my money.
I'm going to wait. Besides the marriage system, I'm pretty sure there will be alternatives to getting two-seaters eventually. I've waited 8+ years for Kingdom Hearts 3....so a couple months or so is chump change to me. Big Grin

RE: Announcing the Recruit a Friend campaign! - Melodia - 07-31-2014

(07-31-2014, 09:32 AM)Clover Wrote:
That's what I'm fearing too. Otherwise, I don't knooooow... I might be too weak to resist the temptation of paying for a fake account...
That's the problem. SE should have anticipated this and created an alternate way. Now every time I see one of those mounts I am going to wonder whether they legitimately got a friend to sign up or just helped enable the concept of having to pay for more items with real money, by making a fake account. 60+ bucks for a mount? Really?

RE: Announcing the Recruit a Friend campaign! - Clover - 07-31-2014

(07-31-2014, 09:41 AM)Rurutani Wrote: That's the problem. SE should have anticipated this and created an alternate way. Now every time I see one of those mounts I am going to wonder whether they legitimately got a friend to sign up or just helped enable the concept of having to pay for more items with a fake account. 60+ bucks for a mount? Really?

I do think most of them will have been obtained through fake accounts. But what other choice do we have? ;_;
It was a low move from SE. A low and very smart move.

Oh well, I'll try to resist.

On a side note, I must have missed the news that relate double mounts to marriage. So the alternative is that they're supposed to be used just by people who get their characters married? O_O I hope that's not the case.

RE: Announcing the Recruit a Friend campaign! - Miza - 07-31-2014

(07-31-2014, 09:46 AM)Clover Wrote: So the alternative is that they're supposed to be used just by people who get their characters married? O_O I hope that's not the case.
Well....here's what ol' Yoshi had to say.

Quote:Yoshida said that upon the arrival of the 2.4 patch, "people within Eorzea will be able to pledge their eternal love and or friendship in a ceremony of eternal bonding. And this will be open to people regardless of race, creed, and gender. Two players...if they want to be together, in Eorzea, they can—through this eternal bonding ceremony."

So it can be used as declaring someone is your BFF as well. It would be silly if they didn't eventually offer other ways of getting a dual mount though, so I'm thinking you'll be able to grind some rep or use some gil to get one down the road.

RE: Announcing the Recruit a Friend campaign! - Berrod Armstrong - 07-31-2014

It's a pretty standard marketing tactic, really. Get them more subscribers, get a reward! 

Anyone paying all that money for a second account just to get a mount...that's on their head! It's fine if people do that, but we can't really blame SE for people trying to get the rewards for their incentive by other means. 

It would be nice if any and everyone could get two person mounts willy-nilly, but it wouldn't really help them get more subs!

RE: Announcing the Recruit a Friend campaign! - Oscare - 07-31-2014

There's literally no reason to make an alternative way to get this mount. 

For starters -- this will not be the only two-person mount available. There is obviously going to be more in the future, hopefully by 2.4 comes out. Who knows, maybe they'll even add one in 2.35 (which is looking slim, but we don't have any way of knowing for sure). Point being, there's going to be more chances to get more two-person mounts. 

Secondly, mounts are not the main transportation provided by this game. If this were say -- World of Warcraft -- then yes, it would be a way bigger deal. But this game isn't like that. This game flat out lets you teleport everywhere as long as you visited the area once (in which, if you played the main story, you /will/ visit every area besides Outer La Noscea, I believe). Mounts are good to get to areas that aren't close to the aetheryte of your chosen area, I will give you that. But they aren't extremely important, you're not crossing 4~7 zones on foot with the way this game is made to move about.

I like to think that mounts are more like "trophies" and vanities of struggles or dedication (either from subscription bonuses, to maxing out rep with a beast tribe) to the game. I understand if you would like this mount for competition sake, but there is no reason to make an alternative method to get it. 

DISCLAIMER: 'You' is not targeted to anyone in this thread. It's a general term, I'm not making this post to attack anyone. I'm just clarifying a point.

EDIT: Berrod makes a fair point as well. The reason for this is for people to have more of an incentive to bring their friends, not so much just for the bonuses. If you want to dish out the extra money due to your circumstances not allowing you to bring someone along, that's fine too! But that wasn't the goal of this.

RE: Announcing the Recruit a Friend campaign! - K'nahli - 07-31-2014

I wonder do all of our characters get the double mount or just one of our choice though ;

RE: Announcing the Recruit a Friend campaign! - Melodia - 07-31-2014

(07-31-2014, 10:01 AM)Oscare Wrote: DISCLAIMER: 'You' is not targeted to anyone in this thread. It's a general term, I'm not making this post to attack anyone. I'm just clarifying a point.
*Sees* You mean ME!! *Tackles and fights*
LOL!!Tongue

Disclaimer: *Did not really tackle and fight* Hehe

RE: Announcing the Recruit a Friend campaign! - Berrod Armstrong - 07-31-2014

(07-31-2014, 10:04 AM)K Wrote: I wonder do all of our characters get the double mount or just one of our choice though ;
Probably one on each character. They did say you can get the mount only once on a character, so I'm thinking only one -per-. 

I NEED MY DOUBLE ROEGADYN CHOCOBO.

[sub]*horrified KWEEEEH in the background*[/sub]

(07-31-2014, 10:04 AM)K Wrote: I wonder do all of our characters get the double mount or just one of our choice though ;
This is an excellent question too that wasn't clarified. From the looks of it, I don't think it'll be account-wide. We won't know for sure until someone actually gets a hold of the mount.

RE: Announcing the Recruit a Friend campaign! - Kage - 07-31-2014

(07-31-2014, 10:08 AM)Oscare Wrote:
This is an excellent question too that wasn't clarified. From the looks of it, I don't think it'll be account-wide. We won't know for sure until someone actually gets a hold of the mount.
Time to ask person on reddit who got it

Actually, it would make sense if it's account-wide. You claim the reward through Moogle Mail, which is sent to every single one of your characters.

If it were sent to every single character, that means you would be able to claim the reward on everyone. That also means leveling an alt character to 20 will be easier because of the circlet!

~~FRIENDS~~