Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Weekly]Fight Club (new and improved) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Weekly]Fight Club (new and improved) (/showthread.php?tid=8648)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Fight Club (new and improved) - Whittledown - 10-16-2014

Maudit might arrive for this clandestine-like. Dude's very repressed and could use an outlet for his anger >.>

RE: Fight Club (new and improved) - Aysun - 10-16-2014

(10-16-2014, 10:17 AM)Sounsyy Wrote: I've seen betting going on both weeks so far, so think it's alright. Just don't bet on Sounsyy. Don't do it. Ask Aysun, you'll loose everything. @_@
Aysun is still rooting for her though! Three cheers for the underdog!

RE: [Weekly]Fight Club (new and improved) - OttoVann - 10-16-2014

I'd root for Mirke too :^)

Also please bet on the fights, just don't let me find out fights are being thrown for it. The idea behind events like this isn't necessarily winning or losing, just venting out the weeks frustrations.

Thank you for the support people have shown, I am happy week three is shaping up to have some more participants and since we are going this in Bronze Lake perhaps people can show up in Swimsuits and relax.

RE: [Weekly]Fight Club (new and improved) - Melodia - 10-16-2014

(10-16-2014, 12:13 PM)OttoVann Wrote: since we are going this in Bronze Lake perhaps people can show up in Swimsuits and relax.

OOCly Melodia is usually in her swimsuit so this is as an easy fix. Wink

RE: [Weekly]Fight Club (new and improved) - Jancis - 10-16-2014

(10-16-2014, 12:13 PM)OttoVann Wrote: The idea behind events like this isn't necessarily winning or losing, just venting out the weeks frustrations.

So it is kind of like something that people should be a little more rowdy at?

Fighters should be yelling, maybe envisioning what they're mad at as their opponent?

I could imagine that if someone is too "boring" to watch maybe they'd be dismissed from the fight tournament...

(10-16-2014, 12:23 PM)Jancis Wrote:
(10-16-2014, 12:13 PM)OttoVann Wrote: The idea behind events like this isn't necessarily winning or losing, just venting out the weeks frustrations.

Fighters should be yelling, maybe envisioning what they're mad at as their opponent?

I could imagine that if someone is too "boring" to watch maybe they'd be dismissed from the fight tournament...

All of the above if you prefer. Some dont speak at all, some speak with every line (Franz, Burning Blood).

Some people only occaisonally comment, some people silently watch. Its all welcome.

RE: [Weekly]Fight Club (new and improved) - Unnamed Mercenary - 10-16-2014

(10-16-2014, 12:25 PM)OttoVann Wrote:

All of the above if you prefer.  Some dont speak at all, some speak with every line (Franz, Burning Blood).

Some people only occaisonally comment, some people silently watch.  Its all welcome.

It's more fun to speak with every action. It makes fights a "conversation" XD

Perhaps I could pay Jancis to be the 'ring girl' and announce the fights in her swimsuit - holding up the sign indicating the round like the showgirls do at boxing matches.

Hmmm

RE: [Weekly]Fight Club (new and improved) - Warren Castille - 10-16-2014

(10-16-2014, 12:27 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote:
(10-16-2014, 12:25 PM)OttoVann Wrote:

All of the above if you prefer.  Some dont speak at all, some speak with every line (Franz, Burning Blood).

Some people only occaisonally comment, some people silently watch.  Its all welcome.

It's more fun to speak with every action. It makes fights a "conversation" XD

On the flip side, quietly concentrating makes the stakes seem higher. Unless people are screaming obscenities with every fight, casually having conversation is an intensity-killer for me. I'd liken it to UFC or boxing, where you don't hear much from fighters except between rounds.

Then again, you've mostly all seen how I post Warren fighting, so I suppose the crossover is obvious.

/sees himself out

RE: [Weekly]Fight Club (new and improved) - Unnamed Mercenary - 10-16-2014

(10-16-2014, 12:32 PM)Warren Castille Wrote:
(10-16-2014, 12:27 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: It's more fun to speak with every action. It makes fights a "conversation" XD

On the flip side, quietly concentrating makes the stakes seem higher. Unless people are screaming obscenities with every fight, casually having conversation is an intensity-killer for me. I'd liken it to UFC or boxing, where you don't hear much from fighters except between rounds.

Then again, you've mostly all seen how I post Warren fighting, so I suppose the crossover is obvious.

/sees himself out

I wouldn't call it a casual conversation, but I also don't like shouting obscenities, so that bleeds over. (Feel free to use them against me anytime though.)

I'll prolly match my RP to fit the person I'm going against. I mean, monologuing or giving the silent treatment can only go so far.

RE: [Weekly]Fight Club (new and improved) - Jancis - 10-16-2014

(10-16-2014, 12:29 PM)OttoVann Wrote: Perhaps I could pay Jancis to be the 'ring girl' and announce the fights in her swimsuit - holding up the sign indicating the round like the showgirls do at boxing matches.

Hmmm

Forgive me, I thought Master Vann wanted to attract people to the event, not the other way around.

But I do have a swimsuit!

[Image: 9travel-beach-getty-590-tm-120811.jpg]

(10-16-2014, 12:40 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: I wouldn't call it a casual conversation, but I also don't like shouting obscenities, so that bleeds over. (Feel free to use them against me anytime though.)

I'll prolly match my RP to fit the person I'm going against. I mean, monologuing or giving the silent treatment can only go so far.

I agree I would enjoy some conversation between, maybe when the other person is posting the defense and their new attack.

Honestly having two fighting events back-to-back on a weekend it's kind of nice for the mix up in the "mood" of the event, per say.

RE: [Weekly]Fight Club (new and improved) - Whittledown - 10-16-2014

(10-16-2014, 01:40 PM)Jancis Wrote:
(10-16-2014, 12:29 PM)OttoVann Wrote: Perhaps I could pay Jancis to be the 'ring girl' and announce the fights in her swimsuit - holding up the sign indicating the round like the showgirls do at boxing matches.

Hmmm

Forgive me, I thought Master Vann wanted to attract people to the event, not the other way around.

But I do have a swimsuit!

[Image: 9travel-beach-getty-590-tm-120811.jpg]

(10-16-2014, 12:40 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: I wouldn't call it a casual conversation, but I also don't like shouting obscenities, so that bleeds over. (Feel free to use them against me anytime though.)

I agree I would enjoy some conversation between, maybe when the other person is posting the defense and their new attack.

Honestly having two fighting events back-to-back on a weekend it's kind of nice for the mix up in the "mood" of the event, per say.

Jeez Jancis! Some people check the forums at work! Spoiler that stuff!

RE: [Weekly]Fight Club (new and improved) - Aysun - 10-19-2014

BUMP today!

RE: [Weekly]Fight Club (new and improved) - OttoVann - 10-19-2014

Event starts in 3 hours. Please look forward to it.

RE: [Weekly]Fight Club (new and improved) - OttoVann - 10-19-2014

Upper La Noscea (31,22)

45 minutes

Here we go