Hydaelyn Role-Players
A Day Trip (Open RP) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: A Day Trip (Open RP) (/showthread.php?tid=8669)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: A Day Trip (Open RP) - Aya - 10-23-2014

Aya flashed that bright grin to the Miqo'te, "A Yellow Jacket? Its a pleasure!  I'm Aya.  I'm a barmaid at the Quick Sand, you'll have to stop by while you're in Ul'dah!"

RE: A Day Trip (Open RP) - Coatleque - 10-24-2014

The Sworn gave Melodia a blank stare for a moment. Diplomatic envoy was not in her job description. She had been caught, however, and could not risk such a stain on the Order's reputation. Her expression turned to a light smile of understanding.

"When we land, I must needs report to my Captain first. I am sure you can appreciate the necessity of debriefing?", she asked. Before Melodia could answer she continued on, "Allow me this, and to make myself presentable, and I shall rejoin you in the Quicksand. I am sure Miss Aya could accompany you there for the interim?".

RE: A Day Trip (Open RP) - Aya - 10-25-2014

Aya nods agreeable, the blonde girl's bountfil energy on clear display.  "I would love to! I will have a few bells before I have to work!"

She turns her grin upon the Miqo'te, her voice as bright as it is excited, "Is there anything that you would like to see?"

RE: A Day Trip (Open RP) - Melodia - 10-30-2014

Melodia heard Crofte speak and explain her offer, and she clacked her teeth behind her closed mouth, her eyes moving to Aya. Whe she spoke it was frank, a bit stern and yet she smiled.

"Aye....tha' soun's fair 'nough. An' while yer talkin' t' yer cap'n..Aya...I'm no' familiar with th' city....therefore I leave meself in yer surely capable hands an' ye c'n surprise me."

She gripped the rail a bit harder praying she wasn't setting herself up for trouble.

RE: A Day Trip (Open RP) - Aya - 10-30-2014

Aya grins at the reference to her obvious! capability, "Do you know where you're staying while in town?" she asks excitedly.

RE: A Day Trip (Open RP) - Steel Wolf - 10-30-2014

Steel had been watching the exchange with a mixture of amusement and annoyance.  She definitely knew she was on an airship to Ul'dah, as not even five minutes in there were people already attempting to pull the wool over the eyes of anyone in earshot.

It was odd to see Crofte attempting subterfuge, however.  She did not know the woman terribly much, but also had only ever seen her in the filigree of a Sultansworn.  Hardly the garb of someone who was trying to fly under the radar.

Steel took advantage of what she percieved to be discomfort on the part of Crofte.  Any reason to poke at the overly-dressed figures of authority.  The tall Roegadyn woman tromped over, steel plate and axe clinking lightly with the move.  She approached the gathering with a broad grin, clapping a heavy hand down onto Crofte's shoulder in boisterous good nature.

"Ah, this one's a Sultansworn! Resplendently shiny and trustworthy-est of th'residents of Ul'dah!  Hand on heart, she'll make sure you're protected an' defended against all the ills possible!" 

She spread her patently ridiculous grin to all three as she interjected herself in the conversation.

RE: A Day Trip (Open RP) - Melodia - 10-30-2014

Melodia looked at Aya and shook her head. "I could no' tell ye...I figured I'd try th' local inn...beats sleepin' in th' streets, ye know?"

She smiled at her own attempt at a joke and blushed, a little embarrassed at losing her composure before Crofte due to her position.

Upon hearing the Roe woman approach she turned her head and her eyes flashed between Crofte and the Roe. The word "Sultansworn" hit deeply and she looked to Crofte, as she sounded like someone she definitely needed in her list of contacts, despite the initial dishonesty.

RE: A Day Trip (Open RP) - Coatleque - 10-30-2014

Coatleque had not expected anyone else to be aboard. Her past trips had been much quieter than this, so she suddenly wondered just how many people one airship could accommodate below the deck. She certainly was not, as well, prepared for such an outward display of a greeting, or continued recognition.

The hand upon her shoulder may have come harder than intended. It could have also been the sudden chill of feeling cold steel through the thin cloth of her dress. Coatleque started in surprise and turned to the Roe with wide eyes.

"Oh, um... yes. Do I know you?"

She felt herself backing into the side railing wishing desperately that she could fly away herself as the crowd continued to grow.

RE: A Day Trip (Open RP) - Aya - 10-30-2014

Aya's blue eyes glanced momentarily toward the armored Roegadyn.  What an exciting trip it had become!

She turned her look back to the Miqo'te, eyes bright as she smiled.  "You should stay at the Quick Sand!  I'll have to finish our little walk there, anyway, since I have to work tonight!  Besides, you won't find anywhere else as pleasant and affordable to stay in the entire city!"

She nodded, grinning still.  "We'll be getting in a little late for the bazaar, but are there any sorts of shops you would like to see? Is this your first time in Ul'dah?"

RE: A Day Trip (Open RP) - Melodia - 10-31-2014

Her head tilted a bit as she considered. "Mm....ye say this 'Quicksan's th place t' stay? Tha' may be a good idea.....an as f'r th' shops..."

She frowned slightly, her expression still a bit hard, as she was prone to keep on her face. "...no shops f'r me. I'm no' much f'r shoppin'." She blushed a bit, a little embarrassed in front of the three women, sure they were judging her for this.

RE: A Day Trip (Open RP) - Aya - 10-31-2014

Aya tilted her head a bit, pushing her lips a little to the side, looking thoughtful as she glanced away.  "Hmmmmmmm... no shopping... so.. what would you like to see?  The sights maybe? There's a big desert out there, if you haven't seen one of those before!"

There was no judgement in her voice, though perhaps a moment of confusion.

RE: A Day Trip (Open RP) - Melodia - 11-05-2014

Melodia's face was straight and considerate as she thought, the desert comment going over head.

"I think...per'aps, it would do me some good t' simply relax an' watch. Observe th' folks an' th' city. While a tour'd be nice....I think me mission there's t' watch an' learn. An' tha's wha' I aim t' do. I'll take in th' sights on me next trip. Maybe ye c'n point me t' where I c'n get a good dose o' th' local flavor."

RE: A Day Trip (Open RP) - Coatleque - 11-05-2014

"That would depend on what flavors you like most", Coatleque responded to Melodia as she turned her attention back to the Miqo'te. "Like any city, Ul'dah has its good and bad sides. Extravagance and poverty stricken locales. The Ruby Exchange being a fine example of the former, whilst Pearl Lane the latter. If you prefer the survey the political landscape you may wish to travel the Gold Court. I would avoid the Husting Strip, however, unless you have official documentation."

She turned back to the railing and gripped the support bar. The deep blue-green carpet of ocean below them was already giving way to the approach of land. There on the horizon sitting atop the tallest hill could be seen the outline of the city. The Knight gestured with her free hand for Melodia. "And there she is now."

RE: A Day Trip (Open RP) - Aya - 11-05-2014

Aya listens to Coatleque, a warm smile across her features.  As her friend finishes she adds, with a little nod as she draws her bangs back with her hand, "Just find a comfortable enough bench and sit and listen for a while.  Then try the markets~"

RE: A Day Trip (Open RP) - Melodia - 11-12-2014

Melodia nodded, unsure how the trip would go, heading to a foreign city and landscape for the first time. Crofte and Aya had only made her a bit more nervous and she looked to the two of them.

"Aye....then I s'pose I'll take a peek but I'll be hopin' ye make sure I don' get lost." A nervous smile and she looked back over the rail at the city coming into view.

((At this point I would find this better to rp in game for her visit. You can still post, just, my two cents Smile ))