Hydaelyn Role-Players
Are the EU and US servers still located in the same place? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Are the EU and US servers still located in the same place? (/showthread.php?tid=8913)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Are the EU and US servers still located in the same place? - Aris - 11-10-2014

I think it's around 11/12 pounds. Personally I don't think it's worth spending the money, unless you want to. 

As Sastra said, as soon as maintenance ends is a good time. Or before maintenance is about the start. When I log on during the afternoon I usually have no problem getting in, but over the past couple of weeks because everyone is still hyped over the patch there are sometimes queues to get in. I think UK mornings would probably be best at the moment as that's middle of the night EST.

Hey, when you finally get here you'll get a big welcome hug from us! \o/

RE: Are the EU and US servers still located in the same place? - Sarpy - 11-10-2014

(11-10-2014, 01:17 PM)Aris Wrote: I think it's around 11/12 pounds. Personally I don't think it's worth spending the money, unless you want to. 

As Sastra said, as soon as maintenance ends is a good time. Or before maintenance is about the start. When I log on during the afternoon I usually have no problem getting in, but over the past couple of weeks because everyone is still hyped over the patch there are sometimes queues to get in. I think UK mornings would probably be best at the moment as that's middle of the night EST.

Hey, when you finally get here you'll get a big welcome hug from us! \o/

Looking forward to it haha c:
When the server is full is it still possible to login to it but just impossible to create a character?

RE: Are the EU and US servers still located in the same place? - Aris - 11-10-2014

When it's full you're put into a queue - I went on at the weekend and it was a queue of 24 people! But I just kept spamming the X button and it only took 30 seconds so it isn't too much of an issue. Tongue

Usually creating a character during the afternoon is fine, but I guess as there's high traffic for long periods of the day it's closed! It should be quieter this week as people will be back to work/college/stuff, so I'm sure you'll get in in no time. Thumbsup

RE: Are the EU and US servers still located in the same place? - Sarpy - 11-10-2014

(11-10-2014, 02:09 PM)Aris Wrote: When it's full you're put into a queue - I went on at the weekend and it was a queue of 24 people! But I just kept spamming the X button and it only took 30 seconds. Angel

Usually creating a character during the afternoon is fine, but I guess as there's high traffic at the moment it's closed! It should be quieter this week as people will be back to work/college/stuff, so I'm sure you'll get in in no time. Thumbsup

I'll take my laptop into college with me tomorrow and try to make a character quickly at around 10am or something :3

Thank you so much for all the replies and sorry for so many questions

Good luck! Soon you'll have one of these - Chocobo

And don't worry about any questions, it wasn't long ago we were asking them too haha!

(11-10-2014, 02:18 PM)Aris Wrote: Good luck! Soon you'll have one of these - Chocobo

And don't worry about any questions, it wasn't long ago we were asking them too haha!

Gah, still not accepting new characters :ccc

Eep, sorry for posting again! I just saw someone say it was open at 8:30am EST (1:30pm GMT) today, so I imagine it's open mornings or early afternoons at the moment. Smile

(11-10-2014, 04:53 PM)Aris Wrote: Eep, sorry for posting again! I just saw someone say it was open at 8:30am EST (1:30pm GMT) today, so I imagine it's open mornings or early afternoons at the moment. Smile
I should be up early tomorrow, so I can hope haha.

kinda bummed out about it, the two days of the week that I can stay up late and I can't even play :c

RE: Are the EU and US servers still located in the same place? - Sarpy - 11-11-2014

Still locked Undecided

RE: Are the EU and US servers still located in the same place? - Kage - 11-11-2014

Did you try an hour before this? With saved character appearance data?

Because I tried about an hour and a half ago while checking my retainers before heading off to work (4:30 am ish) and I could enter. @_@

RE: Are the EU and US servers still located in the same place? - Sarpy - 11-11-2014

(11-11-2014, 09:58 AM)Kage Wrote: Did you try an hour before this? With saved character appearance data?

Because I tried about an hour and a half ago while checking my retainers before heading off to work (4:30 am ish) and I could enter. @_@
I've been trying all through the day yesterday, as well as at 4am, 5am and 6 am this morning. And at 1 and 4 this afternoon (UK time)

RE: Are the EU and US servers still located in the same place? - Kage - 11-11-2014

Ah, my apologies I meant to say PST so about 12 PM GMT

RE: Are the EU and US servers still located in the same place? - Gwen - 11-12-2014

I usually can only create characters around 11am to 2pm UK time. But recently that's become much more of a smaller timeframe

RE: Are the EU and US servers still located in the same place? - Sarpy - 11-12-2014

(11-12-2014, 09:56 AM)Gwen Wrote: I usually can only create characters around 11am to 2pm UK time. But recently that's become much more of a smaller timeframe
I had no luck today at 9am (UK time) :c
shall try again tomorrow.

I wanna pleeeh .-.

RE: Are the EU and US servers still located in the same place? - Maril - 11-13-2014

I just created a character right now. If you're around you should try.