Hydaelyn Role-Players
Another FNG maybe - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Another FNG maybe (/showthread.php?tid=9384)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Another FNG maybe - Warren Castille - 12-24-2014

Generally speaking, we try to refrain from getting all Scarlet Letter on people around here. We've got our quirks but for the most part we leave the silliness to our in-character stuff.

RE: Another FNG maybe - Kurt S. - 12-24-2014

(12-24-2014, 09:17 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: Generally speaking, we try to refrain from getting all Scarlet Letter on people around here. We've got our quirks but for the most part we leave the silliness to our in-character stuff.

Right then, I thought it was some initiation thingy that acted like some sort of ice breaker. Welp, no harm done I guess, I have my fair share of weirdness every other day so it's all good.

Huzzah, I got into Balmung. How 'active' is the RPing scene in Limsa, like do I just randomly see people in character right there? I kinda picked MRD on a whim so I don't have to waste time and risk not getting in.

However, I'm not gonna be online for a day or so, yeah. Christmas Eve/ Day celebrations and all here on my end of the planet.

Limsa's got a fairly active RP group. Some folks who play the ne'er-do-wells and the law sorts who pursue them. I've seen active groups in the Drowning Wench as well as the other bar/restaurant places. I can't guarantee their time frames, but overhearing people talking in-character in /say isn't that uncommon in the cities on Balmung.

RE: Another FNG maybe - g0ne - 12-24-2014

(12-24-2014, 09:22 AM)Rockbato Wrote:
(12-24-2014, 09:17 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: Generally speaking, we try to refrain from getting all Scarlet Letter on people around here. We've got our quirks but for the most part we leave the silliness to our in-character stuff.

Right then, I thought it was some initiation thingy that acted like some sort of ice breaker. Welp, no harm done I guess, I have my fair share of weirdness every other day so it's all good.

What? 

Now I'm confused. What?? Undecided

(12-24-2014, 10:12 AM)Eleni Wrote:
(12-24-2014, 09:22 AM)Rockbato Wrote:

What? 

Now I'm confused. What?? Undecided
I just thought it was some sort initiation to the site or something. You know this whole thing... yeah I dont even know anymore.

I try to be as tongue-in-cheek as possible when welcoming people. Leads them into a false sense of security before I start yelling at them.

RE: Another FNG maybe - Kurt S. - 12-25-2014

(12-24-2014, 12:20 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: I try to be as tongue-in-cheek as possible when welcoming people. Leads them into a false sense of security before I start yelling at them.

Well then, I'll try not to be too incompetent or something. 

Anyway Balmung seems peaceful so far, granted I created a character and logged on at what I guess is a strange hour in NA timezones.

Just need to figure out what the next move is.

RE: Another FNG maybe - sforze - 12-27-2014

The holidays may be messing with population ATM (hello from my phone while I'm 500 miles from my PC), but typical active hours are after 6PM EST or so that I've noticed, and I suspect the PST crowd logging later would mean people are most active between 6PM-6AM EST.

RE: Another FNG maybe - Kurt S. - 12-27-2014

(12-27-2014, 10:05 PM)sforze Wrote: The holidays may be messing with population ATM (hello from my phone while I'm 500 miles from my PC), but typical active hours are after 6PM EST or so that I've noticed, and I suspect the PST crowd logging later would mean people are most active between 6PM-6AM EST.

Thanks for the heads up sforze Big Grin

RE: Another FNG maybe - Kurt S. - 12-28-2014

Another question. Is it required that I gotta be level 50 to RP? Since everyone I see being IC are all level 50 and probably maxed out a few more classes/jobs.

RE: Another FNG maybe - Atoli - 12-28-2014

(12-28-2014, 10:15 PM)Kurt S. Wrote: Another question. Is it required that I gotta be level 50 to RP? Since everyone I see being IC are all level 50 and probably maxed out a few more classes/jobs.

No way! Heck, I find myself roleplaying rather frequently with a level 3 conjurer I met at the Quicksand. Jump in whenever you're ready :D

RE: Another FNG maybe - Kage - 12-28-2014

A lot of lvl 50 RPers tend to just be because maybe they hit RP after being "bored".

But the other benefit is you can wear anything that your class can wear at lvl 50 (lots of stuff looks really good when you hit 50 >.>)

RE: Another FNG maybe - Kellach Woods - 12-28-2014

Better to start now, and then paw ineffectively at the stuff you want than get the stuff you want and forget why you wanted it in the first place.

That being said, I should be in Limsa more. You can't miss me, my character's the only black person in Limsa.

RE: Another FNG maybe - Kurt S. - 12-28-2014

Thanks for the replies guys. I dunno I just felt like I want to RP Kurt's journey to level 50 and all. From being some wet behind a ears adventurer off the boat to some guy who could brave Coerthas in his sleep.

That and not wear the same shit day in and day out.

In fact I'm kinda sharing with Ralyon my ideas and concepts for his adventure which I'll list after this short interaction with that guy named Gentle Sun.