Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] LF "Dark"/Mature Themed RP or FC? x_X - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] LF "Dark"/Mature Themed RP or FC? x_X (/showthread.php?tid=9450)

Pages: 1 2

RE: LF "Dark"/Mature Themed RP or FC? x_X - C'kayah Polaali - 12-29-2014

Dark/mature themed FC, you say?

Come talk to us. Tylwyth Narah is a Thanalan-based crime syndicate with growing influence throughout Eorzea. ICly we mainly focus on amassing power, and our organization primarily smuggles and robs. We're not moustache-twirling villains, but we are criminals. More Don Corleone, less Doctor Evil.

OOCly we do a lot of RP with other groups, providing villains and foils for them, in addition to having our own RP. A bunch of us are coming back into the game after a break, so there's a lot of opportunity. We've got a private forum for coordinating plots, a house in the Goblet, and are experimenting with a kanban-style job board to make it easy to pick up RP jobs that need doing (i.e.: "Investigate Bob Dobbs"; "Make an example out of Coatleque Crofte").

We'd love to hear from you!

RE: LF "Dark"/Mature Themed RP or FC? x_X - Hiro - 12-29-2014

Just to elaborate:

"Mature" as a tag for some, and what I am reading here, is the themes that most shy away from in terms of casual RP. Cloaks, daggers, not withheld, it's more of the nitty-gritty side of things. People who are the darker side of life, people who thrive in situations where fluffy happy-go-lucky types simply do not have a place. It's a strange monicker, I agree, but it's why I port the tag and run small LS's revolving around it. I've noticed it as a tag related to MUD's and LARPS more than MMORPGs where it seems people attribute "Mature" to eRPer or willing to eRP and participate in events where there is blood and/or gore. This has thrown me off more than once.

I can see the miscommunication as it affected me when I first joined FFXIV  with "Mature Roleplayer" in my search info and people mostly associated it with murder and erotic RP rather than what I had come to know it as a "theme" much like "dark".

As for the thread I run with a fairly tight group that are always looking for more with regards to information brokering and more of the cloak and dagger espionage style plot lines rather than thievery, assassinations, and outlaws. The LS is for our core group and people who are more inline with the plot lines, but we enjoy including those who wish to be our branch into other aspects of the underworld, merchants, assassins, etc. eyes and ears everywhere after all. We may not be your cup of tea but if it piques your interest (or anyone elses in this thread) feel free to drop me a PM or find me in game.

RE: LF "Dark"/Mature Themed RP or FC? x_X - Parvacake - 12-29-2014

Hope all of this helps you Noel! Big Grin

RE: LF "Dark"/Mature Themed RP or FC? x_X - Dia - 12-29-2014

(12-29-2014, 05:00 PM)Lilithium Wrote: Hope all of this helps you Noel! :D

It certainly does. :) Thank you!