Hydaelyn Role-Players
So I need a major hand at this RP thing. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Character Workshop (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Thread: So I need a major hand at this RP thing. (/showthread.php?tid=9840)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: So I need a major hand at this RP thing. - Y'lani - 01-28-2015

(01-28-2015, 07:09 PM)M Wrote:
(01-28-2015, 07:06 PM)Faye Wrote:
(01-28-2015, 07:01 PM)M Wrote: Thanks for the quick reply.

I have some ideas about that, but they kinda all hinge on what is acceptable, and un-acceptable in a RPers world.

I know "my game play as I want" but I want to be taken seriously when I try to RP with someone. Maybe I'm just being overly critical.....

EDIT: So a Miqo'te pirate isn't like a NO-NO or anything? Just curious, haven't seen to many Miqo'te playing pirate themes.

Nope, Miqo'te pirates are perfectly fine! I have one in my FC, even and I think you see a couple NPC's in game! The only issue there is that for Seekers, they'd have to leave their tribe--either temporarily/physically, or wholly/permanently--to sail the seas, especially in the case of a Nunh.
But isn't a Miqo'te who leaves the tribe technically a Nunh? What with the whole leaving the tribe, start you're own kinda thing?

You are only a Nunh if you gather enough female Seekers to begin a tribe. Most male Miqo'te, once they leave their tribe, either take the title of Tia (if they still feel connected to tribe life) or they take on their own title. Additionally, if you create your own tribe, it's uncommon to use one letter (ex: Y'ketiz) unless you have agreed to become a splinter of a main tribe. The lore can be a bit vague on that topic, but -- if you haven't created a splinter of a main tribe, which I imagine would need a fair notice to the other splinters/secs, it's more lore-abiding to take two letters, or even three, as not to claim to be a tribe you are not. Ex: Lu'fik Nunh, Kar'ra Nunh, or if you are playing a Tia, Tai'sato Tia (and so on).

Excuse my grammar, by the way! I'm on a mobile phone. It is also perfectly okay to lie about being a Nunh in roleplay, to make your character appear strong, but in reality they're not a part of a tribe at all. I advise this only if your character has a questionable alignment and/or traits, and he is not truly a Nunh.

Examples of male Seeker Miqo'te who prefer to take their own titles: I'karin Junpo, Kan Pathseeker, T'lavi Dasher. Tribal letter is optional, because that depends on whether they do feel connected to their tribe but do not want to be strung down by a rank. Some Miqo'te aren't born tribal, which is another possibility.

EDIT: Ninja'd by two others! But I still hold by this, so I'll keep it here. I will say again that I am drawing only on the vague lore we've been given.

RE: So I need a major hand at this RP thing. - Faye - 01-28-2015

(01-28-2015, 07:23 PM)Melkire Wrote: EDIT: I got ninja'd within a mere minute. That was fast. I'm too slow #sonic

RE: So I need a major hand at this RP thing. - Du'lance Fiourtune - 01-28-2015

You people are excellent, I've already learned more from you guys here, then I did in my own research online. Can't believe I messed up the Nunh part however....

I think maybe for now, I will just maintain the title of Nunh, and RP that he was in fact a Nunh, but left his tribe to persue his own gain and never bothered to change it. ((because spending $20.00 on another name change isn't going to happen soon))

(01-28-2015, 07:37 PM)M Wrote: You people are excellent, I've already learned more from you guys here, then I did in my own research online. Can't believe I messed up the Nunh part however....

I think maybe for now, I will just maintain the title of Nunh, and RP that he was in fact a Nunh, but left his tribe to persue his own gain and never bothered to change it. ((because spending $20.00 on another name change isn't going to happen soon))

That sounds like a plan! I can throw a few more ideas at you, if you're not too happy with that -

1. He could be one of the few remaining members of a splinter tribe ravaged by the Calamity, and thus, kept the title of Nunh to remind himself of what he had lost. As such, I would believe it to be a personal matter, so depending on his personality, he could a) never bring it up b) claim the title of Nunh, but not explaining how he is a Nunh c) bring it up all the time, which may be frowned upon or d) anything else you come up with. It's your character !
  2. He could be a part of an awesome Miqo'te sea tribe that travels the sea. This would require a bunch of effort to gather people, but darn would it be cool.

You don't have to use these at all! I just like to throw possibilities around. Moogle

EDIT: uhh. ignore the brackets. my phone hates me. ;-;
EDIT EDIT: I fixed the brackets!

RE: So I need a major hand at this RP thing. - Chris Ganale - 01-28-2015

It's perfectly cool to keep the Nunh title even if you're not. Like I said, it can generate a little RP with you having to explain it all the time.

Plus, if you ran into R'tahz (not too terribly likely since he avoids Limsa like the plague), you'd make him uneasy.

Ohhh I like the sea traveling tribe idea! Just wish I knew more people to put that plan into action!

RE: So I need a major hand at this RP thing. - Chris Ganale - 01-28-2015

Making this suggestion is hypocritical as all hell, but put up a thread in the player connections. That sounds like something that would probably get a lot of interested people.

RE: So I need a major hand at this RP thing. - Aya - 01-28-2015

(01-28-2015, 07:54 PM)M Wrote: Ohhh I like the sea traveling tribe idea! Just wish I knew more people to put that plan into action!
For some reason all I can see is the Seeker equivalent of the old traveling Wild West shows.

(01-28-2015, 07:56 PM)Aya Wrote:
(01-28-2015, 07:54 PM)M Wrote: Ohhh I like the sea traveling tribe idea! Just wish I knew more people to put that plan into action!
For some reason all I can see is the Seeker equivalent of the old traveling Wild West shows.
And the problem of that would be.....??Smile

RE: So I need a major hand at this RP thing. - Sounsyy - 01-28-2015

Most people have already answered your questions, but if you have further lore questions feel free to ask!

To go over a few things!

If you really love boats and the sea and all that, Limsa Lominsa is definitely a great place for your character to be! Limsa Lominsa is a nation of the free-spirited be they pirates, privateers, foreign merchants, or even the adventurous sort. The nation rules the Five Seas and beyond.

If you wish to remain a Nunh (reading over some of the previous comments), Y'lani's suggestion of being a Tribe at Sea is actually a great one and is something I've done in my own RP backstory. (Ugh revealing too much of my character today) Essentially I have a sect of the Raptor Tribe led by a pirate captain/Nunh named R'jahkob who calls himself the Terror of the Rhotano.

Seeing as how most Seeker Tribes are Lominsan based anyways, I saw no reason why a sect could not find their home on the water - as until very recently, Lominsans didn't actually live on Vylbrand's land, but kept almost exclusively to the sea.

(01-28-2015, 07:56 PM)Aya Wrote:

M: "Looks like it's down 'ta you and me, purrtner."
U: "Not a chance, buddy. I am 'tha real Nunh, and I'll damn well prove it."
*pistols flinging, bang bang, the ship shakes from their uunnatural force!*
M: "Face it. 'Yer down on the dock. Boys! Take him to the poopdeck!"
U: *overexaggerated gasping* "No. No! 'Ya can't do this to me! The ladies prefer a real man, not scum like you!"
M: *holding ladies in skimpy clothing that randomly step onto the bridge from the Captain's cabin* "Look at these beauties. 'Ya jealous, wannabe Nunh?"
U: "Nooo! I deserve better!" *sudden choking*
*unrealistic splash in the water*

Thanks for the help everyone. Please be patient as I throw a bunch more at you!Smile

Okay, moving past the Nunh/Tia debate, if A miqo'te where to leave his tribe and not much care to start another, would he be interested in a romance with other species/races other then his own?

I mean I'm sure others RPers have, but what would the Miqo'te do themselves? I figure that being in the tribe it would be Miqo'te all the way around. But as a tribeless member, would it be out of nature to fall for a Roge or Elezen?

And is there any other hard known facts about Miqo'te that I seem to be missing?

RE: So I need a major hand at this RP thing. - Atoli - 01-28-2015

(01-28-2015, 08:42 PM)Miraak Nunh Wrote:  I mean I'm sure others RPers have, but what would the Miqo'te do themselves? I figure that being in the tribe it would be Miqo'te all the way around. But as a tribeless member, would it be out of nature to fall for a Roge or Elezen?

Heck no! They're out of their tribe, so they've no expectations to fulfill. I'd say go for it if he ends up fancying another race, there's no reason he couldn't! :D

But are they capable of reproducing and starting a family with another race?

RE: So I need a major hand at this RP thing. - Sounsyy - 01-28-2015

That seems very much up to the individual Miqo'te. Cross-race / Cross-clan relationships are canon in XIV's lore, but we're also told that the offspring may face more social adversity for being mix-raced. Something that Fernehalwes has stressed upon us is that there's a deep-seeded mistrust/dislike among the races and that their alliances are mostly fairly recent. However, this is very much a generalization and does not apply to all individuals obviously. If your Miqo'te is attracted to Roegadyn, he's attracted to Roegadyn. Simple as that. It's an acceptable and canon practice!

As for additional Miqo'te lore, FreelanceWizard has put together a pretty good lore dump of Miqo'te facts on his FC's website. Most of what we know has been added there. Hope this helps! ^^