Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Great Crash of '15 - Gripes and Rants Are Going Heavensward - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Great Crash of '15 - Gripes and Rants Are Going Heavensward (/showthread.php?tid=12174)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: The Great Crash of '15 - Gripes and Rants Are Going Heavensward - Rahal - 06-20-2015

Where in my post was I blaming anyone? I was just stating a fact. 

Server is full of Players from Timezone A players playing during Timezone A Prime time, which is also during the weekend so players from Timezone B are around as well. 

Suddenly a huge wave of incoming players from BOTH Timezone B and Timezone C flood the server with requests. Sever is overloaded, Server stops accepting requests. Lots of players get 90k Error.

Where in my post was I saying "It's the fault of NA players"?

RE: The Great Crash of '15 - Gripes and Rants Are Going Heavensward - Warren Castille - 06-20-2015

(06-20-2015, 05:17 PM)Rahal Wrote: Where in my post was I blaming anyone? I was just stating a fact. 

Server is full of Players from Timezone A players playing during Timezone A Prime time, which is also during the weekend so players from Timezone B are around as well. 

Suddenly a huge wave of incoming players from BOTH Timezone B and Timezone C flood the server with requests. Sever is overloaded, Server stops accepting requests. Lots of players get 90k Error.

Where in my post was I saying "It's the fault of NA players"?

Right here.

(06-20-2015, 05:10 PM)Rahal Wrote: It's called the Americans all hitting the server at once.

Unless you're got some link to a post saying that the data center crashing didn't affect the EU or something, I mean.

I mean, in your example you list Demo A, B and C but say it's only Demo A rushing the server after they all crashed.

RE: The Great Crash of '15 - Gripes and Rants Are Going Heavensward - Rahal - 06-20-2015

Again I was listing that as the cause. Not assigning blame. It doesn't matter if the connections were from the US, Europe, Japan, or fucking Narnia. The game has a huge wave if requests to the server coming in at once when it was already at capacity.

The datacentre crashing effected everyone because you know, people in game reporting Error 90k?

RE: The Great Crash of '15 - Gripes and Rants Are Going Heavensward - Verad - 06-20-2015

(06-20-2015, 05:32 PM)Rahal Wrote: Again I was listing that as the cause. Not assigning blame. It doesn't matter if the connections were from the US, Europe, Japan, or fucking Narnia. The game has a huge wave if requests to the server coming in at once when it was already at capacity.

The datacentre crashing effected everyone because you know, people in game reporting Error 90k?

You should explain further, because this seems like a uselessly semantic distinction right now.

RE: The Great Crash of '15 - Gripes and Rants Are Going Heavensward - Aaron - 06-20-2015

I don't think Rahal meant any harm by what they said.

RE: The Great Crash of '15 - Gripes and Rants Are Going Heavensward - Martiallais - 06-20-2015

(06-20-2015, 05:48 PM)Aaron Wrote: I don't think Rahal meant any harm by what they said.

This. We allllll want to get back to the precious but let's not go biting off fingers.

[Image: tumblr_l9xbdeDCPA1qe4tx4o1_400.gif]

RE: The Great Crash of '15 - Gripes and Rants Are Going Heavensward - shotgunbadger - 06-20-2015

Well I've moved from 2002 errors to 5006 ones, that's...progress...maybe?

Oh well, time to make some dinner and chill. Good thing about being a lame slow leveler, I already feel zero pressure Tongue

RE: The Great Crash of '15 - Gripes and Rants Are Going Heavensward - Qhora Bajihri - 06-20-2015

We just haaaaad to go out for dinner. I don't usually log in during prime time. This is hellish, especially since the guy sitting across from me got in on the first try, and I'm going on my first hour.

RE: The Great Crash of '15 - Gripes and Rants Are Going Heavensward - PerkPrincess - 06-20-2015

To those who are currently wishing something to do, go play some Dominion.

https://www.playdominion.com/Dominion/gameClient.html

It's what I'm doing to pass the time.

( I just want to level ;_; )

RE: The Great Crash of '15 - Gripes and Rants Are Going Heavensward - CallmeYahweh - 06-20-2015

Why oh why did I stop playing to make myself some food and hang out with roommates? 2002 as far as the eye can see.

RE: The Great Crash of '15 - Gripes and Rants Are Going Heavensward - Cailean Lockwood - 06-20-2015

Yo, 'Muricans! Get off the server! I want to get in! XD

RE: The Great Crash of '15 - Gripes and Rants Are Going Heavensward - Chris Ganale - 06-20-2015

(06-20-2015, 09:11 PM)theincubuslord Wrote: Yo, 'Muricans! Get off the server! I want to get in! XD

No.

RE: The Great Crash of '15 - Gripes and Rants Are Going Heavensward - Cailean Lockwood - 06-20-2015

(06-20-2015, 09:15 PM)Chris Ganale Wrote:
(06-20-2015, 09:11 PM)theincubuslord Wrote: Yo, 'Muricans! Get off the server! I want to get in! XD

No.

Well! I've never! How rude!
A gentleman would step aside and hold the door.

RE: The Great Crash of '15 - Gripes and Rants Are Going Heavensward - Addison - 06-20-2015

After being in queue for half an hour, it kicked me out. "Unable to connect to data center." I've been trying off and on to get online for about 6 hours now.

I've pretty much given up trying to get into the game this weekend. It's not worth the aggravation, so you all have fun. Maybe I'll have a chance on Wednesday morning when the initial hype dies down and people are at work. But for now, I'll just have to deal with falling further behind. /shrugs

RE: The Great Crash of '15 - Gripes and Rants Are Going Heavensward - Qadan - 06-20-2015

Not sure if it's been mentioned (I haven't looked back through other pages), but I switched my DNS to Google's servers and it connected me to Aether after rejecting me for the past half hour.

It remains to be seen if I actually make it through queue, but being in queue is better than having to constantly restart the game. (Seriously, what moron designed the game to completely exit upon a lobby error? It should just take you to the start screen again).