Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Great Crash of '15 - Gripes and Rants Are Going Heavensward - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Great Crash of '15 - Gripes and Rants Are Going Heavensward (/showthread.php?tid=12174)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: The Great Crash of '15 - Gripes and Rants Are Going Heavensward - Cailean Lockwood - 06-20-2015

The struggle is real. But at least it is metal as hell! Literally! XD

[Image: tumblr_nq9u4vpMZe1tknsllo1_500.png]

RE: The Great Crash of '15 - Gripes and Rants Are Going Heavensward - Qadan - 06-20-2015

The worst part is that I was already in the game, forgot about the current AFK kick measures, and got myself kicked after running out to the convenience store to buy some more drinks. ._.

RE: The Great Crash of '15 - Gripes and Rants Are Going Heavensward - Gegenji - 06-20-2015

(06-20-2015, 09:39 PM)Qadan Hotgo Wrote: (Seriously, what moron designed the game to completely exit upon a lobby error? It should just take you to the start screen again).
This is literally my biggest gripe with the 2002-errors. Having to restart the entire application again - login and all - every time it fails is completely obnoxious and really should have been dealt with ages ago. What I've been doing to deal with it is "cycling" logins - have one trying to connect to the server and another already "logged in" though the initial login window, so when the first inevitably fails... I just click the Login button on the other to pop up the window.

Then, while that's going through the intro stuff before hitting the title screen, I load up the next. Click to try and connect again, and I have a new backup one ready for it that one fails. Repeat until you get in and get to hit the queue. Then, while waiting for the queue, go do errands about the house (laundry, dishes, vacuuming, what have you) until you load in and start on actually playing. Blush

I also have videos and stuff playing in the background to entertain myself while I go through this repetitive process... which helps a lot. I don't think it's taken more than an hour to get in - not counting the complete crash on Friday.

RE: The Great Crash of '15 - Gripes and Rants Are Going Heavensward - Meena - 06-20-2015

I've had no issues since the first day of launch. Sounds like a DNS issue.

:/

Worst issue i've had is queues. Also, im in New Zealand.

RE: The Great Crash of '15 - Gripes and Rants Are Going Heavensward - Fox - 06-20-2015

(06-20-2015, 09:55 PM)Gegenji Wrote:
(06-20-2015, 09:39 PM)Qadan Hotgo Wrote: (Seriously, what moron designed the game to completely exit upon a lobby error? It should just take you to the start screen again).
This is literally my biggest gripe with the 2002-errors. Having to restart the entire application again - login and all - every time it fails is completely obnoxious and really should have been dealt with ages ago. What I've been doing to deal with it is "cycling" logins - have one trying to connect to the server and another already "logged in" though the initial login window, so when the first inevitably fails... I just click the Login button on the other to pop up the window.

Then, while that's going through the intro stuff before hitting the title screen, I load up the next. Click to try and connect again, and I have a new backup one ready for it that one fails. Repeat until you get in and get to hit the queue. Then, while waiting for the queue, go do errands about the house (laundry, dishes, vacuuming, what have you) until you load in and start on actually playing. Blush

I also have videos and stuff playing in the background to entertain myself while I go through this repetitive process... which helps a lot. I don't think it's taken more than an hour to get in - not counting the complete crash on Friday.

It exits for you? It just completely freezes and then says "I'm done" on mine.

RE: The Great Crash of '15 - Gripes and Rants Are Going Heavensward - Qadan - 06-20-2015

(06-20-2015, 09:55 PM)Gegenji Wrote:

Or do all of that, and then get hit with a lobby error while you're sitting in queue! Happened to me just now. Frustrated

RE: The Great Crash of '15 - Gripes and Rants Are Going Heavensward - CallmeYahweh - 06-20-2015

Fought 2002 errors until they gave up. Now I'm sitting in the never ending queue. It was at 400 something before it kicked me the first time. Now it's 35 and been sitting at 35 for a solid twenty minutes.

Data center, please.

RE: The Great Crash of '15 - Gripes and Rants Are Going Heavensward - Griffith! - 06-20-2015

I logged to finally sleep and now I can't - just, can not at all - connect to the data center. NOthing doing, guys, it won't let me in.

Gonna give it a few more tries then I'm done for the night. Can only imagine how horrible this will be on actual release. Guess I'll have to look into some oft used measures to prevent me from ever timing out once I actually get in. Dodgy

RE: The Great Crash of '15 - Gripes and Rants Are Going Heavensward - Kellach Woods - 06-20-2015

It really feels like it's a specific huge IP range getting these problems if you pass through other peeps servers to get in.

RE: The Great Crash of '15 - Gripes and Rants Are Going Heavensward - banndsand - 06-20-2015

So I got to the seemingly infinite queue... and then it started going down... like a normal queue! :O Is it happening? Will I finally get to play?

RE: The Great Crash of '15 - Gripes and Rants Are Going Heavensward - Griffith! - 06-20-2015

(06-20-2015, 10:36 PM)banndsand Wrote: So I got to the seemingly infinite queue... and then it started going down... like a normal queue! :O Is it happening? Will I finally get to play?
Don't let your guard down. i was in queue for twenty minutes - numbers dropping and everything - before I hit another 2002 error and got booted.

RE: The Great Crash of '15 - Gripes and Rants Are Going Heavensward - banndsand - 06-20-2015

(06-20-2015, 10:41 PM)Griffith! Wrote:
(06-20-2015, 10:36 PM)banndsand Wrote: So I got to the seemingly infinite queue... and then it started going down... like a normal queue! :O Is it happening? Will I finally get to play?
Don't let your guard down. i was in queue for twenty minutes - numbers dropping and everything - before I hit another 2002 error and got booted.
I got down to 274 from 770 or so and then the loading screen appeared! Huzzah! It's too bad I have to be going to bed within the hour... :/

(06-20-2015, 10:46 PM)banndsand Wrote:
(06-20-2015, 10:41 PM)Griffith! Wrote:
I got down to 274 from 770 or so and then the loading screen appeared! Huzzah! It's too bad I have to be going to bed within the hour... :/
You realize this makes you my eternal foe, neh? Jealousy is an ugly thing, and I'm just so full of it. Because, see, I have all night to play, and can't get past loading the data center.

RE: The Great Crash of '15 - Gripes and Rants Are Going Heavensward - Kellach Woods - 06-20-2015

I'm still stuck behind the data center.