Hydaelyn Role-Players
Balmung is open! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Balmung is open! (/showthread.php?tid=8957)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: Balmung is open! - Kellach Woods - 07-17-2015

Keep in mind that because of Heavensward we've been experiencing a lot of problems with the usual times that we recommend for character creation.

Attested by the fact that Balmung is not open at this hour.

Your best bet is the times immediately preceding maintenance and immediately following maintenance.

RE: Balmung is open! - Xydane - 07-18-2015

Bah, I apologize for adding another post to an old thread but it seems my luck is very thin. Again, I am paying the price for starting everything all over and I was forced to create Xydane on Gilgamesh before I can transfer him over to Balmung.

Now, is a paid transfer guaranteed? They have me on that free 30 day trial so I will need to wait until the character is active after 3 days.

RE: Balmung is open! - Mhega - 07-23-2015

Immediately after maintenance doesn't seem to be much of an option... just tried this morning, refreshing the world status on the login screen every so often in case it ended early.

Was 2:14am PDT, 4 minutes after servers opened back up... already locked. Seems at this point it'll take a lot of luck and timing, or 18 dollars to get a new character on the server.

RE: Balmung is open! - Sigil.9054 - 07-23-2015

(07-18-2015, 02:37 PM)Xydane Wrote: Now, is a paid transfer guaranteed? They have me on that free 30 day trial so I will need to wait until the character is active after 3 days.

I had actually *wanted* to start over on Balmung, but I could never catch the character creator open. I finally just caved and transferred my character, and didn't have any problems at all. I didn't even see a warning that suggested in the server was full, the transfer wouldn't go through.

I definitely suggest giving that a shot. IMO, the monetary cost is well worth avoiding the headache of trying to slip in when the server is rarely open.

RE: Balmung is open! - Xydane - 07-23-2015

(07-23-2015, 11:27 AM)Sigil.9054 Wrote:
(07-18-2015, 02:37 PM)Xydane Wrote: Now, is a paid transfer guaranteed? They have me on that free 30 day trial so I will need to wait until the character is active after 3 days.

I had actually *wanted* to start over on Balmung, but I could never catch the character creator open. I finally just caved and transferred my character, and didn't have any problems at all. I didn't even see a warning that suggested in the server was full, the transfer wouldn't go through.

I definitely suggest giving that a shot. IMO, the monetary cost is well worth avoiding the headache of trying to slip in when the server is rarely open.

Yep, I was able to transfer two days ago and the process was painless. I'd figured trying to get into Balmung would be different especially since it was already a pain in the arse to begin with when the game first came out two years back.

RE: Balmung is open! - Maril - 08-04-2015

Balmung was open as of 10:35 ish AM british time. I managed to create a character. Probably wont last, good luck!

RE: Balmung is open! - Mhega - 08-04-2015

(08-04-2015, 05:42 AM)Nailah Wrote: Balmung was open as of 10:35 ish AM british time. I managed to create a character. Probably wont last, good luck!

I got to the point where I could name my character and then got denied -_-

RE: Balmung is open! - Cato - 08-04-2015

(08-04-2015, 05:46 AM)U Wrote:
(08-04-2015, 05:42 AM)Nailah Wrote: Balmung was open as of 10:35 ish AM british time. I managed to create a character. Probably wont last, good luck!

I got to the point where I could name my character and then got denied -_-

Same here. I was hoping to create an alt but the same thing happened last time. The window of opportunity seems to get slimmer each time.

This was with me saving the appearance in advance and having a designated name in mind.

RE: Balmung is open! - Unnamed Mercenary - 08-04-2015

From what I've seen others reporting, Balmung stays open for only a matter of minutes (probably only as long as it takes to check the current population that's already logged in) before closing.

Some people I know have been saying they see a flood of bot-named characters, which means our server's likely getting flooded with gil farmers the moment it gets back online.

RE: Balmung is open! - 13uddy - 08-04-2015

(08-04-2015, 05:52 AM)Graeham Wrote: Same here. I was hoping to create an alt but the same thing happened last time. The window of opportunity seems to get slimmer each time.

This was with me saving the appearance in advance and having a designated name in mind.

I've got that same plan that I try whenever there is a maintenance (if I'm awake at the time just before or after maintenance).  I actually have a notebook next to my computer desk with 10 alternate names just in case my first choice is taken (and if ALL of them are taken, then I can just start swapping first and last names from the list).

RE: Balmung is open! - Orwen Sayumi - 08-24-2015

Been trying and waiting for a few days now since i subbed. Seems this server is harder than most to get onto. >.< Still, got a character on Gilgamesh for the moment.

RE: Balmung is open! - Unnamed Mercenary - 08-24-2015

[[mod note]]

Please only use this thread to post if Balmung is currently open (or recently closed) for Character Creation. There are a handful of users that use it for email notifications.

For discussion on getting into Balmung, please use one of the discussion-oriented threads, most recently, this one.

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=12737&highlight=balmung+open

[[end mod note]]

RE: Balmung is open! - Meena - 08-25-2015

Balmung is open.
Unsure if is still is as of this post.

9:43pm +12GMT (New Zealand time)

RE: Balmung is open! - Oli! - 08-25-2015

(08-25-2015, 05:45 AM)Meena Wrote: Balmung is open.

Nope.

RE: Balmung is open! - Meena - 08-25-2015

(08-25-2015, 05:46 AM)Oli! Wrote:
(08-25-2015, 05:45 AM)Meena Wrote: Balmung is open.

Nope.
Lame, I just made an alt too.