Hydaelyn Role-Players
Your IC reaction to Au Ra - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Your IC reaction to Au Ra (/showthread.php?tid=11357)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Your IC reaction to Au Ra - Naunet - 04-28-2015

K'piru will probably be very wary for some time.

On the other hand, she may find some sense of connection in being a cultural outsider to a "new" world. Hard to tell.

RE: Your IC reaction to Au Ra - Warren Castille - 04-28-2015

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward: Everyone Is A Little Racist

RE: Your IC reaction to Au Ra - Dogberry - 04-28-2015

"Come have a drink, y'horny devil, it's on me. It'll help pass th'time. Day's been dragon on, hasn't it?"

RE: Your IC reaction to Au Ra - Steel Wolf - 04-28-2015

in reaction to an Au Ra female:
"...huh...demure little thing. Cute. Dunno 'bout the horns, but they're interestin' at least."

in reaction to an Au Ra male:
"heh, Now there's somethin' what looks like it could hold its liquor and still swing a clean punch. May have t'make friends with a few'a these Auri types."

RE: Your IC reaction to Au Ra - Zac Evans - 04-28-2015

"VOIDSENT! <insert friend's name here>, Get behind me!" /Draws weapon and attacks!

Zac is a man who hates change, and this change is MASSIVE. Hundreds of thousands of a new alien race strutting around Eorzea like they have every right to be there? Even if the Voidsent angle doesn't last long, they're still suddenly here like some conquering force. Every violent or aggressive member of both the races with prove his point for him. And above all else? The last time an influx of foreign people came to Eorzea, Zac lost friends and family when they became Warriors of Light.

"I care not for your origins. Do not bore me, and shame yourself, with your tales of woe and suffering. You are warriors, same as myself; show me only the Discipline of Steel."

Raging Behemoth on the otherhand is older and wiser, but for people that know him well enough can often remember he's misogynistic to any women who haven't earned his respect. The Au Ra males-especially of the nomadic warrior tribes-will be looked upon favorably. They 5'2 at MAX, slender and lithe women however? Ehhh..... 

RE: Your IC reaction to Au Ra - Dogberry - 04-28-2015

I should mention that my previous post was Dogberry's reaction...

Iskierka would awkwardly try to befriend one, most likely by asking one for a tissue sample.

RE: Your IC reaction to Au Ra - Wymsical - 04-28-2015

I'm going to main an Au Ra and it's a lot of fun reading all these reactions. Suspicious/hateful/disapproving reactions are particularly interesting to RP with and I can't wait to see all of this once people start RPing in HW! Tension in RP is always fun.

RE: Your IC reaction to Au Ra - Bryn - 04-28-2015

"They look like Voidsent. If that is through a curse, then they are tae be pitied. If it is not... Then they are beasts not tae be trusted at best, or a disease tae be cleansed at worst."

RE: Your IC reaction to Au Ra - allgivenover - 04-28-2015

(04-28-2015, 12:36 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward: Everyone Is A Little Racist

A little bit of racism makes for the best RP.

RE: Your IC reaction to Au Ra - Verad - 04-28-2015

"Permit me to sell you this, er . . . "

Verad grabs a coaster from a table and a punches a hole in it.

"Decorative horn ring!"

Then Aya yells at him for breaking a coaster.

RE: Your IC reaction to Au Ra - Seriphyn - 04-28-2015

Probably with prejudice. Freaks, constantly confusing the female and male Au Ra as separate species, wondering why the hell they're coming to Eorzea when their homeland is occupied by a mutual enemy, wondering why the hell they're coming to Eorzea when the realm has its own problems, wondering if the Au Ra men have small dicks so they don't constantly rupture the females internally, and all sorts of fantastic racist goodness.

I'm just waiting for the first Au Ra Dragoon or an Au Ra who claims to be born in Eorzea (neither is impossible, but even more farfetched than the odd race/nation combos we've debated before!).

RE: Your IC reaction to Au Ra - Nataru - 04-28-2015

" Are those horns? Killer tail!" Nat don't judge 

RE: Your IC reaction to Au Ra - Aris - 04-28-2015

Ultimately for Nara, if they come to her shop as long as they're paying then business is business. It wouldn't be the first odd type she's dealt with.

She will be wary of all these Au Ra suddenly flocking around the cities, but upon learning the reasons they're here she'll be more empathetic because of her own experiences leaving home.

..but if the first time she meets one is alone down a dark alley, she'll assume it's some sort of demon, get her hammer out and run in the opposite direction.

RE: Your IC reaction to Au Ra - Khadan - 04-28-2015

*Au Ra group walks into the tavern where Kayllen is drinking or otherwise hanging out*

Auri Group: "..."

Kayllen: "..."

Auri group: "Let's find a place to sit."

Kayllen: "... *squints*"

Auri Group: *sits at the table next to Kayllen*

Kayllen: *engages Terminator-esque body scan; Horns... Check. Scales... Check. Tail...  Check. Analysis: Possible Heresy*

Auri Group: "Why is that hyur staring at us...?"

Kayllen: *stands up abruptly* "Excuse me." *hurries off to make sure he's not losing his mind and, if not, then how can these not-dragons be used?*

RE: Your IC reaction to Au Ra - Aduu Avagnar - 04-28-2015

Nako probably met one or two on his travels around the Empire a few years back, though most likely at a distance, but maybe a couple up close, so most likely it will just be surprise that they are in Eorzea now.