Hydaelyn Role-Players
Reconstructing Rhalgr: A MONKHOOD REBORN - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Reconstructing Rhalgr: A MONKHOOD REBORN (/showthread.php?tid=13212)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Reconstructing Rhalgr: A MONKHOOD REBORN - Oli! - 09-02-2015

I'm gonna get ready to FIRE UP THE LINKSHELL MACHINE.

If people want invites, poke Adalhaid Rask in game, starting like an hour-ish after I make this post.

...In the meantime LET'S BRAINSTORM! A network is kinda stupid without things to use it for, so how would people want to see this used? Group punching sessions have come up, but what else?

RE: Reconstructing Rhalgr: A MONKHOOD REBORN - Oli! - 09-02-2015

Update: I lied and it's made already. Brainstorm anyway though.

Poke me in-game, or post here so I can poke you, and I'll get you added. I'll also get a linkshell page up for us on the forums soon!

RE: Reconstructing Rhalgr: A MONKHOOD REBORN - Hammersmith - 09-03-2015

Part of me thinks rival schools of punching would be both the natural, and most hilarious, path for some of this to take.  The temple's been gone for going on 20ish years.  Any monks in prime physical form right now have never stepped foot in what used to be the prime guiding archstone for what a Rhalgar monk was.  There's a chance the concept has fractured, new and strange techniques have surfaced out of new blood in new dojos/schools/splinter styles, or that old, forbidden methods of the style have risen or returned now that there's no larger order to slap them down.

RE: Reconstructing Rhalgr: A MONKHOOD REBORN - Yangh - 09-03-2015

Ohh! The rival schools angle is a nice touch. I guess I should probably choose a style and get funky with it.

As for the LS, I'd love an invite! I'll be sure to get in touch or something.

RE: Reconstructing Rhalgr: A MONKHOOD REBORN - Oli! - 09-03-2015

I was actually hoping that varying styles would come up. Since the old order* is gone, people have probably been doing other things like finding new styles and new philosophies to fill the gap. It's entirely possible that we might end up collaborating to make something that doesn't resemble the Old Way at all, if that's the way that things go.

Especially since at this point, we're probably bringing in a whole collection of new outlooks and cultures into the mix that wouldn't have had such a large presence back in Ala Mhigo.

RE: Reconstructing Rhalgr: A MONKHOOD REBORN - Harknezz - 09-03-2015

I love the idea of the varying styles thing. Alec doesn't use the Fist's style, his master trained him in a way to fit his body more,since he’s not a big guy or anything. He goes for more speed than outright strength, as well as accuracy to focus on weak points in his opponents. He is Ala Mhigan and was trained by a survivor to open his gates, but he’s so young he’s never actually seen the Highlands, only heard stories. I’d love to get him some more involvement with stuff like this! =]

I'll be keeping an eye out for you people! Alternatively, if you see me first, poke me instead!

RE: Reconstructing Rhalgr: A MONKHOOD REBORN - Melkire - 09-03-2015

Wouldn't mind getting peripherally involved. Far too busy to dedicate regular time to something like this, but WOOT MONKS! Big Grin

RE: Reconstructing Rhalgr: A MONKHOOD REBORN - -no longer matters- - 09-03-2015

War was involved with the original Massacre of the Fist... It's not something he's proud of but it was one of his first mercenary jobs as a teen (See my wiki). It's also one of his regrets because it and the years of madness to follow led to the fall.. So he may be willing to help set things right and restore the culture.

.....as long as it's not a power grab.. Then he'll be first in line to knock it back down.

(09-03-2015, 06:51 PM)War Bear Wrote: War was involved with the original Massacre of the Fist... It's not something he's proud of but it was one of his first mercenary jobs as a teen (See my wiki). It's also one of his regrets because it and the years of madness to follow led to the fall.. So he may be willing to help set things right and restore the culture.

.....as long as it's not a power grab.. Then he'll be first in line to knock it back down.

Let me know if you want an invite! I'll see if I can find you in-game.

Also, we have a page now! You can post there for invites, and keep this for brainstorming in the meantime.