Hydaelyn Role-Players
Uncommon Rp Locales - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Uncommon Rp Locales (/showthread.php?tid=16038)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Uncommon Rp Locales - Cato - 05-08-2016

Revenant's Toll.

It's pretty busy even now but the upper seating area is usually fairly quiet and an excellent place for engaging in role-play.

I'd also like to see more of the settlements throughout La Noscea gain more popularity. Bronze Lake and Costa Del Sol are often busy but Wineport and Moraby are typically very quiet.

RE: Uncommon Rp Locales - DoomsdayClock - 05-08-2016

(05-08-2016, 10:29 AM)Graeham Wrote: Revenant's Toll.

It's pretty busy even now but the upper seating area is usually fairly quiet and an excellent place for engaging in role-play.

I'd also like to see more of the settlements throughout La Noscea gain more popularity. Bronze Lake and Costa Del Sol are often busy but Wineport and Moraby are typically very quiet.

I actually really like Moraby. There is a ton of room there. Ive seen events run very nicely there.

RE: Uncommon Rp Locales - Caspar - 05-10-2016

Wineport even has a bar. Ort tasting room. Either way it could be an excellent hole in the wall sort of place.

RE: Uncommon Rp Locales - Chompie - 05-10-2016

(05-07-2016, 08:56 PM)Nevahe Wrote: Darn those pesky Elementals! One of my favorite places in The Shroud is actually in the Central Shroud looking back at the Carline Canopy and watching the water wheel. So pretty.
I agree so much that I already have a few screenshots from when I stumbled across it!
http://imgur.com/a/ouGKl

I absolutely LOVE coming across RP happening in all the hidden little nooks and crannies everywhere. In fact, I need to get in the habit of running around exploring IC more often, because too often it's when I'm burned out of RP for the day that I spot em. 

I try to be a Random Encounter for those I spot when I can, though. No dramatic cliff with a gorgeous view is safe from a Nosy Catgirl attack!

A few places I've run into IC stuff happening:
- The Forgotten Knight
- Hall Of Whatever Heavenly Most Knights Official Place Upstairs
- Minotaur Malm
- Nald's Reflection
- Thal's Respite
- Burnt Lizard Creek
- The Weeping Saint
- Various unmarked cliffs, i'm so sorry if you were trying to have a romantic time, I am the rudest

RE: Uncommon Rp Locales - LiadansWhisper - 05-10-2016

Wineport is lovely, too.

I wish that the settlements had more interior spaces that could be used. That's one of the most frustrating things about RPing in the world. However, the lighthouse right near Moraby has some really nice interior spaces that are great for RP. Smile

RE: Uncommon Rp Locales - LiadansWhisper - 05-10-2016

(05-07-2016, 08:56 PM)Nevahe Wrote:
(05-07-2016, 08:49 PM)DoomsdayClock Wrote:
(05-07-2016, 08:46 PM)Nevahe Wrote: I want to see more people around La Noscea and The Shroud. Such beautiful scenery and yet almost all of the rp happens in Ul'dah. Nothing against  the desert, it's pretty!

I usually feel like the Shroud is hard, pending on how serious you take those pesky elementals. I try to be kind of lenient with the concept, but I know some folks are pretty "DOOM" about doing things that will piss them off.
Limsa itself seems to get the crap end of Rp....The Wench is so nice and Rp there is still sparse.
I've had some good scenes out by the cliffs edges in la Noscea tho..I can totally attest to that place...it's also the home of my secret favorite RP location >.>;
Darn those pesky Elementals! One of my favorite places in The Shroud is actually in the Central Shroud looking back at the Carline Canopy and watching the water wheel. So pretty.

Limsa is gorgeous, the Wench is my favorite npc inn in the game. La Noscea has such lovely terrain, with the natural rock formations and...all the beasties who'd love to eat your face.

The Sanctum of the Twelve is a great RP spot, too, imo.

The tough thing, for me, about the Shroud is that with the exception of Hyrstmill and Fallgourd Float, the villages don't really feel like actual villages - they're either one building, or a barn and some stores, but no housing. And there isn't much in the way of interior space in Hyrstmill, alas.

RE: Uncommon Rp Locales - Naja - 05-12-2016

Best none city locales I've found for RP are Camp Overlook, Wineport and Camp Tranquil. Most La Noscea locations work for me. :p