Hydaelyn Role-Players
Character Scents - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Character Scents (/showthread.php?tid=3527)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Character Scents - Aysun - 08-13-2013

Aysun doesn't wear perfumes or anything like that. She uses a soap lacking any intentional fragrance usually as well. She does bathe regularly, so, she generally just smells like where she's been, depending on what she's been doing. And often times alcohol. >>;

RE: Character Scents - Momoji Momochi - 08-13-2013

(08-13-2013, 07:55 PM)Aysun Wrote: Aysun doesn't wear perfumes or anything like that. She uses a soap lacking any intentional fragrance usually as well. She does bathe regularly, so, she generally just smells like where she's been, depending on what she's been doing. And often times alcohol. >>;

Momoji's eyes go wide, his hands dart to small journal and pencil.
"Alcohol - scented - soap!" He exclaims as he scribbles away on a blank page, walking out of the bar. "It cleans AND disinfects! Bartenders everywhere will adore it! And also marmots because they like everything! Yay!"
As he reaches the door, he looks up with a thoughtful expression. "Hmm, better not make it a liquid or they'll try to drink it. That would be icky..." He mumbles to himself as the door closes behind him.

RE: Character Scents - CallmeYahweh - 08-13-2013

V'hal more than likely smells pretty strongly of dust, first and foremost. Travelworn as he is.

When he's presentable and cleaned up he enjoys very strong scents. That probably don't mix well together. The pricier the better.

RE: Character Scents - Felix Sideris - 08-13-2013

Felix is a ranger/aspiring bard. So he would smell like the Black Shroud.

Forest/mossy/leather that whole thing.

Thumbsup

RE: Character Scents - Zyrusticae - 08-13-2013

As someone who travels a lot and generally grooms herself (y'know, like a cat), T'rahnu will generally smell like wherever she's last been, along with the trace scents (probably only detectable by other Miqo'te) of cooked meat, leather, steel, and blood. Most of the time she has very little discernable scent, however.

Aside from the scent of lies and dishonesty, that is. Angel

RE: Character Scents - Roda - 08-13-2013

Pretty much the first part of Zyrusticae's post for mine.

Generally, she would smell of the never ending war between travel stank and travel soap.  She does her best to be presentable, though!  Just don't expect to see her fishing for food one night, smelling like roses and smiles.

RE: Character Scents - Poe - 08-13-2013

Poe smells of rich earthy scents - think patchouli, sandalwood, moss, with a hint of orange zest....and the hazy scent of the green herbal medicine her family is known for...

RE: Character Scents - John Spiegel - 08-13-2013

JJ: He bathes "regularly" but his career/hobby ends up giving him a solid masculine musk. After an especially fun/brutal day in his career/hobby, blood and sometimes innards aren't foreign. He also smells of herbs/spices that he uses when smoking his meat or whatnot.

Alex: He's rather clean and smells of herbs and potion mixtures, a pleasant fragrance to those who like herby smells. When he's relaxing, he chews on the wooden part of a stick of smoldering incense. He smells of various fruits as well. After a day or two in the field, he smells of earth and plantlife and some BO naturally.

RE: Character Scents - Nova - 08-13-2013

I think Dustyn would have a earthy smell to her, like a forest after a heavy rain shower.

RE: Character Scents - Murlona - 08-14-2013

Because of Murlona's hobbies as a cook, alchemist and taxidermist.. she'd smell like a lovely combination of fragrant herbs, spices and formaldehyde. Scents like basil, peppers, and rosemary with a lingering chemical-y smell.

Mmm.. the smell of chemicals. Geek

RE: Character Scents - Annaveil - 08-14-2013

What a neat thing to think about!

I think Eve would smell like sweat and/or smoke! She sits around in taverns and tries to pick up work there, so yeah. I imagine she enjoys sitting around fireplaces and then of course there's pipe smoke. She bathes at least somewhat regularly though, so I can't see her smelling terribly pungent. More often than not, she likely has little to no discernible odor.

Anselm smells like booze and the sea. Always.

RE: Character Scents - Ryanti - 08-14-2013

Ryanti is very concerned about his public appearance. So naturally, if he's seen in public, he would have some kind of cologne on. Possibly something rather icy, and musky sweet. Like a burberry, or Silver Mountain Water, or Cool Water.

Show Content

He's open to trying many fragrances, but his fatigue of the desert does mean he usually goes for more 'cold' products.

Regarding his natural scent, I would imagine something akin to a clear, slightly vanilla smell, like a spring dew in early morning. That kind of early morning mist smell that is clear in form and is really easy to pass through the nose.

Obviously, when he exerts himself, that scent will change, but I haven't thought much of it then; I also would not exactly know how it would smell in a logistical sense with him having Midlander and Keeper genes.

Props to you, Eva, btw, for making this thread. A very unique and delightfully engaging thread.

RE: Character Scents - Manari - 08-14-2013

Depending on the time of day you find her, Manari would either smell of leaves, forest soil, and fresh spring water... Or animal fur, sweat, and blood.

RE: Character Scents - Felix Sideris - 08-14-2013

(08-14-2013, 01:21 AM)Manari Wrote: Depending on the time of day you find her, Manari would either smell of leaves, forest soil, and fresh spring water...  Or animal fur, sweat, and blood.
Your signature is adorable.

And Manari reminds me of Asuna. Just saying >.>

RE: Character Scents - Khaze'to Zhwan - 08-14-2013

(08-13-2013, 01:58 PM)Eve Malusion Wrote: I have close to no sense of smell in real life... I have no idea how I'm going to figure this one out.
This....
I'm anosmic which for those who don't know means I have no sense of smell.  I was born like it and so often forget about it.  This has some real world issues but yes I can taste food  I prefer strong basic flavors, sweet, sour, salt.  

Anyway a hunter who wears leather I would imagine blood, sweat, and leather, not to mention where ever he has been recently.  When he's clean and not hunting he would probably not smell of much as any perfumed soap would probably be quite weak to anything other than another Miqo'te.  

I cant really say any more than that and I certinally couldn't describe the smells as I don't know what they smell like.  If someone could lend a hand it would be appreciated.