Hydaelyn Role-Players
Pre-Order Code Question. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Pre-Order Code Question. (/showthread.php?tid=3752)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Pre-Order Code Question. - doctorgalactic - 08-20-2013

(08-20-2013, 06:17 PM)LiadansWhisper Wrote: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That explains why I was seeing an eu site loading in the bottom left of my Chrome window.  I had this feeling that maybe something was pulling from somewhere else, but that would explain everything.

Happy to help!

RE: Pre-Order Code Question. - Aleister - 08-20-2013

I feel really bad for the SE employees right now.. Sure they've got a lot of problems which I personally believe can be fixed easily and all but of course can't for some odd reason (Not gonna hold it against them) but they are  just getting back to back problems.. Like man talk about no rest for them.. Add in all the immature brats bitching and crying and just getting in SE's way. Sheesh... Not pointing out anyone except from what I've read in the beta test forums. I honestly am not surprised at the moment with SE. :l they need a break man.. 3102, 9000s, and now this? Not much time between that to rest heh.

RE: Pre-Order Code Question. - Eve Malusion - 08-20-2013

(08-20-2013, 06:36 PM)Aleister Wrote: I feel really bad for the SE employees right now.. Sure they've got a lot of problems which I personally believe can be fixed easily and all but of course can't for some odd reason (Not gonna hold it against them) but they are  just getting back to back problems.. Like man talk about no rest for them.. Add in all the immature brats bitching and crying and just getting in SE's way. Sheesh... Not pointing out anyone except from what I've read in the beta test forums. I honestly am not surprised at the moment with SE. :l they need a break man.. 3102, 9000s, and now this? Not much time between that to rest heh.
Considering how big hyped MMOs usually are at launch, I'd be more worried if there weren't stress related issues. I have yet to see any big MMO launch without stress issues at the start, and I would be more inclined to believe it was a lack of interest over superior tech on their side if they didn't.

RE: Pre-Order Code Question. - Aleister - 08-20-2013

(08-20-2013, 06:45 PM)Eve Malusion Wrote:
(08-20-2013, 06:36 PM)Aleister Wrote: I feel really bad for the SE employees right now.. Sure they've got a lot of problems which I personally believe can be fixed easily and all but of course can't for some odd reason (Not gonna hold it against them) but they are  just getting back to back problems.. Like man talk about no rest for them.. Add in all the immature brats bitching and crying and just getting in SE's way. Sheesh... Not pointing out anyone except from what I've read in the beta test forums. I honestly am not surprised at the moment with SE. :l they need a break man.. 3102, 9000s, and now this? Not much time between that to rest heh.
Considering how big hyped MMOs usually are at launch, I'd be more worried if there weren't stress related issues. I have yet to see any big MMO launch without stress issues at the start, and I would be more inclined to believe it was a lack of interest over superior tech on their side if they didn't.
Still. I think they have a huge burden on their shoulders. I haven't seen the things I've seen in mmorpgs since.. o_O WoW and maybe SWTOR. Yoshi has it hard.

RE: Pre-Order Code Question. - Eve Malusion - 08-21-2013

Just an update for the other EU purchasers. I have now gotten my code and have heard of people getting them throughout the day, so they are now sending them out.

I also didn't have to go through 2 steps for it (I heard something about one code to get the 20 digit code), they just send you the 20 digit code that you need to use and you're good to go.

RE: Pre-Order Code Question. - Rinh Hallani - 08-21-2013

(08-21-2013, 03:39 PM)Eve Malusion Wrote: Just an update for the other EU purchasers. I have now gotten my code and have heard of people getting them throughout the day, so they are now sending them out.

I'm still waiting for mine but thanks for the update, good to know at least some are getting theirs.

RE: Pre-Order Code Question. - Clover - 08-21-2013

I've been very confused, since my preorder confirmation e-mail didn't come with any code either, and neither have I received any new e-mail from them.

I'm relieved to see I'm not the only one, so I guess this is a normal procedure. I need to be patient...

*Bites nails*.

RE: Pre-Order Code Question. - RenK - 08-21-2013

I've yet to get the second email, but luckily I did get a code with my order and was able to enter into the preorder site and then the second code into the service account. Wasn't working last night, but worked fine today, just come back later if it's not working Smile

That said, what account do we log into the game with? I used my service account during P4, but the game is also registered with the regular square site. As a old web dev guy, Square's entire setup just makes me cringe.

RE: Pre-Order Code Question. - Quuyn - 08-21-2013

In my experience, I pre-ordered like, two months ago, got the emails shortly after regarding my order purchase, and then the Pre-Order Code. In the email of the -order receipt- (Not the Pre-Order Code) there was a paragraph at the very bottom of the email under 'additional information'. Which had a link of where to input my pre-order code. I clicked it, used the code that I had also used to register the game to begin with (Aka, the on in the Pre-Order Code email) and bam. Said everything was fine, and unlocked my mog cap and shazz.
I thought I'd toss up this explanation because... WELL I didn't actually read the order receipt and I literally -just- clicked on that link 5 minutes ago, even though I've had that email for like, a month. Consider me slow.

...The fact that I got Collector's Edition may be a factor though.

RE: Pre-Order Code Question. - Jove - 08-21-2013

So after trying every so often my code just went through a minute a go. I'm EU by the way, but basically...

I preordered from Amazon.co.uk, they sent me an email with the 18 digit code straight after my confirmed purchase email.

In that email it tells you to go to the preorder site, which I did and was asked to log in. I put in the username and password of the account I've been using for beta and then I'm confronted with this:

(08-20-2013, 02:27 PM)Naunet Wrote: Can someone help me? The beta forums are being rather unresponsive.

Whenever I try to log in on the preorder.na site, it just takes me to this page:

[Image: y7oQ8BL.png]

So I completed that and my beta account was made into a Square Enix account (the one you use to login to their main site for all of their games) and I noticed under my list of games I had nothing.

Several hours later I put in my 18 digit code, logged in with the above account and it actually works. The window changes and I'm presented with the other code, which I have to put into a linked website, and is then accepted.

At this point I noticed that my beta account, now a Square Enix account has FFXIV under the "my games" tab.

Convoluted to say the least.

But I did notice that on the old Square Enix account page, which has FFXIV listed as a service, they mention that the site is getting a revamp on the 22nd to coincide with the launch of ARR. I could be totally wrong but I think as long as your game appears in your general Square Enix account, then you should be good.

RE: Pre-Order Code Question. - LiadansWhisper - 08-21-2013

(08-21-2013, 08:29 PM)Jove Wrote: So after trying every so often my code just went through a minute a go. I'm EU by the way, but basically...

I preordered from Amazon.co.uk, they sent me an email with the 18 digit code straight after my confirmed purchase email.

In that email it tells you to go to the preorder site, which I did and was asked to log in. I put in the username and password of the account I've been using for beta and then I'm confronted with this:

(08-20-2013, 02:27 PM)Naunet Wrote: Can someone help me? The beta forums are being rather unresponsive.

Whenever I try to log in on the preorder.na site, it just takes me to this page:

[Image: y7oQ8BL.png]

So I completed that and my beta account was made into a Square Enix account (the one you use to login to their main site for all of their games) and I noticed under my list of games I had nothing.

Several hours later I put in my 18 digit code, logged in with the above account and it actually works. The window changes and I'm presented with the other code, which I have to put into a linked website, and is then accepted.

At this point I noticed that my beta account, now a Square Enix account has FFXIV under the "my games" tab.

Convoluted to say the least.

But I did notice that on the old Square Enix account page, which has FFXIV listed as a service, they mention that the site is getting a revamp on the 22nd to coincide with the launch of ARR. I could be totally wrong but I think as long as your game appears in your general Square Enix account, then you should be good.

Um.  You're mistaken.  ^_^  They are two separate accounts.  You didn't make your beta account into a Square account.  Your beta account still exists.  It's the service account.  Your square account (like in the picture) is the social website.

RE: Pre-Order Code Question. - Raccoon - 08-21-2013

Did they completely switch over the site and all? I can't seem to find the old login site where you had to put in your security key and all, just the newer one with a simple username/password login. The other had all the payment options and list of games, while the newer one has little to no info at all.

RE: Pre-Order Code Question. - LiadansWhisper - 08-21-2013

(08-21-2013, 09:18 PM)Raccoon Wrote: Did they completely switch over the site and all? I can't seem to find the old login site where you had to put in your security key and all, just the newer one with a simple username/password login. The other had all the payment options and list of games, while the newer one has little to no info at all.

https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/

Still works for me.

RE: Pre-Order Code Question. - Jove - 08-21-2013

(08-21-2013, 08:54 PM)LiadansWhisper Wrote: Um.  You're mistaken.  ^_^  They are two separate accounts.  You didn't make your beta account into a Square account.  Your beta account still exists.  It's the service account.  Your square account (like in the picture) is the social website.

You're right, I didn't really phrase it properly. I guess when I used my beta account to login to redeem my code, it forced me to make the social account as an addon? All I know is that I logged in with my beta service account and now I have a social account under the same login, with XIV registered to it from putting in all of these codes Laugh

So basically, I have no idea what's going on, but at least there's something that says I own XIV Cactuar

RE: Pre-Order Code Question. - Skye'lar - 08-21-2013

I got the Digital Collectors Edition a couple of months ago, and as others will know it says we don't have to do anything until due time when Early access starts, I know it's worrying and all, but if I log in to my account on the Square Enix website, and click on "My games", under Registered games The "Final Fantasy 14 Digital CE Edition" is already there, under Registered, I didn't have to input a code, not a single one, but now that I see others are getting their codes, it's getting a little worrying, Ah well. Tongue