Hydaelyn Role-Players
RP Servers - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: RP Servers (/showthread.php?tid=3805)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: The RP server for EU folks - is Balmung a good choice? - Algin - 08-21-2013

Thanks guys for replies. Once the Early Access starts (providing I'll get the code from EU Square Enix store Tongue), I'll roll my characters on Balmung then.

And if events are concerned, provided they happen on weekend, I won't have a problem with playing at 2 a.m Smile

RE: The RP server for EU folks - is Balmung a good choice? - Rinh Hallani - 08-21-2013

Yeah, I think events are going to be the bigger problem. Unfortunately I can't be up that late with a preschooler who wakes at the crack of dawn but one of my plans with Europa is to get some EU time zone events going.

RE: The RP server for EU folks - is Balmung a good choice? - Yuria - 08-21-2013

EU player here Smile playing on Balmung

RE: The RP server for EU folks - is Balmung a good choice? - Clover - 08-21-2013

EU players could always organize their own events, or NA players could make a poll to find out what hour is best for the majority of players from both NA and EU.

RE: The RP server for EU folks - is Balmung a good choice? - Quuyn - 08-21-2013

As someone who plays in the furthest reaches of the West, ranging in at GMT-7, I can say for certain that you'll find RP at all wakes of time. Depending on people's schedules, some people -only- have the chance to RP in the late evenings, some only in the early mornings. 

Personally my schedule is so random due to my sleeping disorder that I find myself RPing at 4am one day, and 2pm the next. I think you're best bet is to dive for Balmung if you're looking for RP. Usually, RP is constant, regardless of time zones, it's just a matter of -finding it!-

I mean, if you were super bored and desperate you could toss up a forum post which essentially screams "Come plaay with me" and coax people to RP at your times. I bet you'd get more biters than you'd expect. People -swarm- to the opportunities like that.

...To prove my point it's 3am right now where I am, and I just woke up.

RE: The RP server for EU folks - is Balmung a good choice? - Rinh Hallani - 08-21-2013

(08-21-2013, 05:56 AM)Koyu Wrote: I mean, if you were super bored and desperate you could toss up a forum post which essentially screams "Come plaay with me" and coax people to RP at your times. I bet you'd get more biters than you'd expect. People -swarm- to the opportunities like that.

That's what the Europa LS will essentially be for. People who play at EU times, regardless of whether they're actually in EU time zone, are welcome to join and use the LS chat to shout out for RP if they're struggling to find any.

RE: The RP server for EU folks - is Balmung a good choice? - Sini'to Shadar - 08-21-2013

Just give us a tell later on ingame, Algin, and we add you.

There's also a FC of european players for PvE endgame content, just to gather people for raids at EU evening times (which would be american afternoon). It's called Eorzean Union, give it a look if you're interested.

RE: The RP server for EU folks - is Balmung a good choice? - Cato - 08-21-2013

I know a handful of players - including myself - who live in England but intend to play on Balmung. I've a rather erratic sleeping pattern but in other MMO's I've played there has been no issue finding players to interact with regardless of the time zone differences. I can literally log on at any time and find something going on - a luxury I've not not necessarily been afforded on the EU realms in other MMO's.

RE: The RP server for EU folks - is Balmung a good choice? - Asyria - 08-21-2013

There's not much reason to have an EU server, really.

The data centers for both EU and US servers are all in Montreal. It's the only place FF XIV has data servers outside of Japan (and back in 1.0 they only had Japan).

You will have the exact same connection on Moogle as you'd have anywhere else.

That's the reason why servers are split between Japan and US/EU rather than Japan, US and EU, separately in server selection.

The only reason to go to a EU-labelled server would be to have more chances to find people in the same timezone... but even that is highly questionable as people in every timezone often have conflicting schedules.

I mean most of my Silver Anvil fellows seem to be EU and we seem to play around the same times anyway. o_O

RE: The RP server for EU folks - is Balmung a good choice? - Khaze'to Zhwan - 08-21-2013

If Katattax is dropping Europa around I guess I should make a showing for the Eorzean Union, the EU free company for endgame content during European hours.  We are playing on Balmung and you are quite welcome to join us.  Europa is a good place to look for EU timed RP as well.

RE: The RP server for EU folks - is Balmung a good choice? - Sini'to Shadar - 08-21-2013

(08-21-2013, 06:07 AM)Sini Wrote: Just give us a tell later on ingame, Algin, and we add you.

There's also a FC of european players for PvE endgame content, just to gather people for raids at EU evening times (which would be american afternoon). It's called Eorzean Union, give it a look if you're interested.
You are late khaze. Tongue

EU players on Gilgamesh - Alias - 08-21-2013

Hey all, new person here, just wondering what the EU community is like on Gilgamesh?  Is there a big following?  Just wondering if there are any other EU players on this server that are part of any LS/FC?

How has your experience been so far?

RE: EU players on Gilgamesh - Gideon Aryeh - 08-21-2013

(08-21-2013, 01:57 PM)Alias Wrote: Hey all, new person here, just wondering what the EU community is like on Gilgamesh?  Is there a big following?  Just wondering if there are any other EU players on this server that are part of any LS/FC?

How has your experience been so far?

Heh we have had so many EU folk join us on Gilgamesh that I am pushing the September 1st Limitless Sky Beach Party Festival up to 2pm est so you guys can be there by an early enough time.

I might even put it at 1pm soon to be honest.

But yeah we are getting a hell of a lot of EU players, definitely more than I've known in other mmos. We all did a lot of rping in open beta together. Two of our FC leaders Akki chan of the Silver Anvil and Saefinn of Pirates of a Wayward Star are from the EU.

RE: EU players on Gilgamesh - Yeldir Melfusor - 08-21-2013

It's a pretty cosmopolitan crew, yeah. You'll never want for interaction at any hour of the day, especially with the rate at which this community has been ballooning.

RP Servers - maighdlin001 - 08-21-2013

Hey guys, I just found this site so I apologize if my question seems a little newbish.

I've been trying to figure out where the unofficial RP servers will be so that my friends and I can choose one prior to launch. Balmung and Gilgamesh seem to be the answer to that.

However, I've read in a couple of places that these servers have gotten pretty full.
Do you guys, as the RP community, plan to choose another server to act as a secondary RP server in the event that those two are inaccessible to others at launch?

Aaahhh ... Just saw the notice at the top. Move me if you must. x.x But my question still stands.