Hydaelyn Role-Players
Balmung's Finest: Community Dungeon Crawling Initiative - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Balmung's Finest: Community Dungeon Crawling Initiative (/showthread.php?tid=3860)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Balmung's Finest: Community Dungeon Crawling Initiative - Reppu - 08-22-2013

I may sign onto this 'loosely'. In so much that I do not like the idea of roleplayers being exclusive as such, but I do like the idea in so much that the community helping each other is a good thing.

So long as word gets out. Unless the intent is this to be solely exclusive to the RPC. Then yeah, 'eh'.

RE: Balmung's Finest: Community Dungeon Crawling Initiative - Lren - 08-22-2013

If people want help or whatever, more than happy to lend a hand in dungeons. I'm mostly going to be focused on questing at the beginning, so it could prove an amusing distraction!

RE: Balmung's Finest: Community Dungeon Crawling Initiative - Rhylund - 08-23-2013

(08-22-2013, 11:05 PM)Reppu Wrote: I may sign onto this 'loosely'. In so much that I do not like the idea of roleplayers being exclusive as such, but I do like the idea in so much that the community helping each other is a good thing.

So long as word gets out. Unless the intent is this to be solely exclusive to the RPC. Then yeah, 'eh'.

To clarify, I'm not planning on making it exclusive to RPC. It's not for IC runs or anything like that, it's simply for players on Balmung who would like to run dungeons with other players from Balmung when possible. Thumbsup

RE: Balmung's Finest: Community Dungeon Crawling Initiative - C'io Behkt - 08-23-2013

I'd love to be a part of this! While I don't hate the Duty Finder (it's useful for my timezone), I do love community and team-building.

Where do I join? Or even better, if you're making a list, you can toss me an invite in-game on C'io Behkt! Smile

RE: Balmung's Finest: Community Dungeon Crawling Initiative - Jove - 08-23-2013

You can sign me up.

I actually dislike raiding and such with strangers, it just makes me anxious and I have a far more enjoyable time doing group content with people I know or am at least familiar with. I'm not the best gamer ever, but I try my best and I take my role seriously, I read up on guides and develop an understanding of the game mechanics so I'm an asset, not a burden. I do this to help myself and so I can help others if needed, because we all love FFXIV and we should all have a chance to enjoy every facet it has to offer, no matter your skill and experience.

What I'm trying to say is, something Myxie Tryxle more eloquently put:

(08-22-2013, 07:36 PM)Myxie Tryxle Wrote: I think it's a good idea. I leveled up my CNJ during phase 4 to 20 using exclusively groups from my linkshells (Intermission, Corvus) so that the RPC folks playing DPS didn't have to wait in line for half an hour or more just to finish each step of the story quests. I think I ran the chain of three dungeons three separate times on Saturday to help folks out while gaining a few levels myself.

It also helps build the community. Even if a player isn't the best DPS, tank, or healer you've played with, in this kind of environment, there's incentive to work with them. Offer helpful advice and such, because unlike a random pickup group, you will likely be seeing that player again, so you'll invest some effort. If you help those other players out, there's a high chance you'll play with them again and have a good time. I think it helps foster community while improving the gameplay of that community, in this case, the RPC community.

RE: Balmung's Finest: Community Dungeon Crawling Initiative - Nhyra - 08-23-2013

Awesome idea! Imo duty finder severely limits interaction... and since I play this game for company, doing dingeons becomes just endless grind for nothing. 
In wow before dungeon finder and especially on low level character, on a low-pop server I still preferred looking for group for 2 hours instead of instant queue with people I'll never see again. I made so many good friends and when you once get to know them, you can do stuff with them in the future ^^

Count me in!

RE: Balmung's Finest: Community Dungeon Crawling Initiative - Reppu - 08-23-2013

(08-23-2013, 06:41 AM)Rhylund Wrote:
(08-22-2013, 11:05 PM)Reppu Wrote: I may sign onto this 'loosely'. In so much that I do not like the idea of roleplayers being exclusive as such, but I do like the idea in so much that the community helping each other is a good thing.

To clarify, I'm not planning on making it exclusive to RPC. It's not for IC runs or anything like that, it's simply for players on Balmung who would like to run dungeons with other players from Balmung when possible. Thumbsup

This is the clarification I wanted, thanks!

RE: Balmung's Finest: Community Dungeon Crawling Initiative - Kivhi - 08-23-2013

Please, sign me up!  This is a fabulous idea! Big Grin

RE: Balmung's Finest: Community Dungeon Crawling Initiative - Rhylund - 08-23-2013

The Name!: 'Balmug's Finest' was just something I threw out there. Other ideas...

Rhylund's Rabble Rousers 
D.R.U. (Dungeon Runners United)
Brawlers of Balmung

Jeez, Rhylund. Those all suck!: Well I'm open to suggestions, you jerk! Let's hear them.

RE: Balmung's Finest: Community Dungeon Crawling Initiative - Jove - 08-23-2013

(08-23-2013, 05:19 PM)Rhylund Wrote: The Name!: 'Balmug's Finest' was just something I threw out there. Other ideas...

Rhylund's Rabble Rousers 
D.R.U. (Dungeon Runners United)
Brawlers of Balmung

Jeez, Rhylund. Those all suck!: Well I'm open to suggestions, you jerk! Let's hear them.

I think Doom Seekers would be most appropriate Cactuar

RE: Balmung's Finest: Community Dungeon Crawling Initiative - Faustina - 08-23-2013

Oh I like this idea! Please put my name in there Smile

RE: Balmung's Finest: Community Dungeon Crawling Initiative - Falkner - 08-23-2013

(08-23-2013, 05:19 PM)Rhylund Wrote: Jeez, Rhylund. Those all suck!: Well I'm open to suggestions, you jerk! Let's hear them.

What about DUDEWTF...? Dungeons which Us Dying to Enter Without using The Finder Big Grin

RE: Balmung's Finest: Community Dungeon Crawling Initiative - CallmeYahweh - 08-23-2013

Rhylund's Rabble Rousers is hilarious and has my vote without a doubt.

RE: Balmung's Finest: Community Dungeon Crawling Initiative - C'io Behkt - 08-23-2013

Chocobo Dungeon, Smile

Other than that, I really just like Balmung's Finest.

RE: Balmung's Finest: Community Dungeon Crawling Initiative - DriftingFable - 08-24-2013

Man how'd I miss this, I'm certainly interested in being a part of it as I'll be running lots of dungeons for the foestriker sets and hopefully in the future Darklight sets. I usually play Tanking or DPS which ever is needed.

To add to the discussion. I like DRU, its to the point and describes exactly the what the FC is about.