Hydaelyn Role-Players
Feeling like I'm not comfortable w/ my place in current FC - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Feeling like I'm not comfortable w/ my place in current FC (/showthread.php?tid=6615)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Feeling like I'm not comfortable w/ my place in current FC - ArmachiA - 03-13-2014

Sounds like your looking for an FC that doesn't have a static, just a schedule to go, one that RPs and has plots since your kind of shy. If they aren't fulfilling your need to progress and to RP, find an FC that does. THough, I know how it is wanting to stick with your friends - we let a lot of our friends into our FC even though they don'r RP because they want to hang out with people they know. It can be a hard decision. Make sure you talk to your friends about it openly and honestly BEFORE you leave or it will look really bad on your part.

If/When you decide to leave, expect me to try to pull you into the Blades, but I won't do it now as I think the best option is to try to talk it out and see where you want to be without any kind of rash decision. Tongue

RE: Feeling like I'm not comfortable w/ my place in current FC - Kage - 03-13-2014

Thanks a lot everyone for the advice! I'd spoken to a few of the FC mates who had been constantly pugging and their hopes just didn't align with mine... I've spoken with a close friend before and recently about how I'd felt about things and I know he didn't want me to leave but it honestly felt like I was staring at their backs trying to play catch up to content that I wanted to do with friends. I told them what I was thinking and a couple of them seemed ok with it so long as I played with them still. Which of course I would. So I did leave today.

And gosh now you all make it extremely hard and I feel bad. :< To be openly honest, I very much have been looking at both Nightblades and Unity, ever since I joined RPC. @_@ 

Especially since I know a couple of people in NB and/or recently joined. It was also really fun doing T1-2 (and the er Titans xD) with some people from NB on Monday!

I also had a great time speaking and partying with you synaesthetic. As you can tell I still have ropes to learn but I do get better at practicing. Everyone I've spoken with from Unity both here and in-game have been kind and helpful. 

I've never felt like I was -wanted- before so I'm also now feeling very overwhelmed. I'm sorry if this doesn't help. Decisions are hard. D:

RE: Feeling like I'm not comfortable w/ my place in current FC - Evie - 03-13-2014

I can make it harder Tongue and put up Equilibrium for your decision too. And I'm sure there many many others can offer places in their FCs as well.

Go with your gut and where you want to be. I'm sure there will be no hard feelings from anyone, maybe a little jealousy at someone else getting such an amazing BLM Lala to their ranks. Wink

RE: Feeling like I'm not comfortable w/ my place in current FC - ArmachiA - 03-13-2014

(03-13-2014, 02:31 AM)ExKage Wrote: And gosh now you all make it extremely hard and I feel bad. :< To be openly honest, I very much have been looking at both Nightblades and Unity, ever since I joined RPC. @_@ 

Especially since I know a couple of people in NB and/or recently joined. It was also really fun doing T1-2 (and the er Titans xD) with some people from NB on Monday!

Hahaha you went to that? I hear you guys did good at the turns but Titan was just eluding everyone for some reason. They way we run our Raid Groups is really simple - whoever signs up gets a slot - so the first 4 dps who sign up go,very simple, and I'm sure the Monday Coil would love to have you as a permanent member (I even go sometimes on my second character =D). We're also setting up EX Primal parties (Getting clears for Garuda and getting people to learn Titan) that work exactly the same way. Ellion has been kind of busy though and hasn't quite gotten around to posting about it yet. I also believe that once a few more of our tanks gear up we'll be trying to start up a third group, so lots of options here.

RE: Feeling like I'm not comfortable w/ my place in current FC - Kage - 03-13-2014

(03-13-2014, 08:04 AM)Evie Wrote: I can make it harder Tongue and put up Equilibrium for your decision too. And I'm sure there many many others can offer places in their FCs as well.

Go with your gut and where you want to be. I'm sure there will be no hard feelings from anyone, maybe a little jealousy at someone else getting such an amazing BLM Lala to their ranks. Wink
Gosh Evie you just had to make it harder already ;A; I'm a very indecisive person by nature and I'm now loaded with decisions!

(03-13-2014, 09:36 AM)ArmachiA Wrote: Hahaha you went to that? I hear you guys did good at the turns but Titan was just eluding everyone for some reason. They way we run our Raid Groups is really simple - whoever signs up gets a slot - so the first 4 dps who sign up go,very simple, and I'm sure the Monday Coil would love to have you as a permanent member (I even go sometimes on my second character =D). We're also setting up EX Primal parties (Getting clears for Garuda and getting people to learn Titan) that work exactly the same way. Ellion has been kind of busy though and hasn't quite gotten around to posting about it yet. I also believe that once a few more of our tanks gear up we'll be trying to start up a third group, so lots of options here.
*nodnod* My tank is less geared but when we went to T2 waiting on a BRD, Nat said "Kage you should just tank and silence it!" -_- Thankfully Nat learned to pf a BRD in :p We one-shot both T1-2, even with some high-voltages paralyzing us at right around the end of T1 ADS and during enrage. Went to do Titan HM to get some quick myth for Haru in an attempt to get another piece of gear for T4 but Titan said no. :< The butt.

*wails away now at -decisions- D:*

RE: Feeling like I'm not comfortable w/ my place in current FC - Evie - 03-13-2014

Battle of the FCs?

Winner gets Kage? This way you wouldn't have to make a decision at least. XD

RE: Feeling like I'm not comfortable w/ my place in current FC - Roen - 03-13-2014

Well Kage. You know what Nat and I would say.

Maybe even C.

But don't listen to C.

He's a criminal after all.

Big Grin

(03-13-2014, 10:33 AM)Brynn Wrote: Well Kage. You know what Nat and I would say.

Maybe even C.

But don't listen to C.

He's a criminal after all.

Big Grin
Big Grin But Kage doesn't know this at all.

;A; Decisions are hard when involving people. :o I don't want to upset anyone T_T; I've been looking at Nightblades ever since Nat kept sending me things about RPs... and I've looked at Unity along NB since I joined RPC. And. and people are so nice guhk

RE: Feeling like I'm not comfortable w/ my place in current FC - Roen - 03-13-2014

(03-13-2014, 09:59 AM)Evie Wrote: Battle of the FCs?

How about who can toss a lala the furthest?

Or will that go AGAINST that FC who wins... Hmmmm.

(03-13-2014, 11:33 AM)Brynn Wrote:
(03-13-2014, 09:59 AM)Evie Wrote: Battle of the FCs?

How about who can toss a lala the furthest?

Or will that go AGAINST that FC who wins... Hmmmm.

Maybe a toss and catch? If you don't catch then obviously you don't win...

And would Lala tossing be like caber throwing or like Javelin throwing?

Can we make this into a full on server event with betting and everything? *taps chin considering logistics*

RE: Feeling like I'm not comfortable w/ my place in current FC - Illira - 03-13-2014

(03-13-2014, 10:49 AM)ExKage Wrote: ;A; Decisions are hard when involving people. :o I don't want to upset anyone T_T;

You shouldn't worry about upsetting anyone, all the FCs in this case would be very happy to have you, but we know that you need to make what you think is the best choice for you.

Sounds like Synaesthetic's already talked with you about Unity (I know that she would love to have another BLM around!), but if you have any other questions about us, I'd be happy to talk with you as well. Or run things! Or RP! Or whatever!

But seriously, just try think about what you're really wanting out of an FC and which one best fits those desires. There really shouldn't be any wrong decisions here. Smile

(03-13-2014, 11:40 AM)Evie Wrote: Maybe a toss and catch? If you don't catch then obviously you don't win...

And would Lala tossing be like caber throwing or like Javelin throwing?

Can we make this into a full on server event with betting and everything? *taps chin considering logistics*
Kage would like to not be dropped helplessly to the floor @_@ <3

But I'm sure the betting circle can find a away to make it happen. *nod*

*deep breath* I've been anxiously and laboriously running everything through my head. I've decided for now that I really want to try my hand at Nightblades and see if I can get involved in some really nice plots, even if Kage is like... really a support character.

I've been back and forth about my place in my old FC and it was with a sense of relief when I clicked leave Company after my friends said they just want to make sure I can play with them some time soon. I also spent a large time last night and today thinking over and over again about where I'd move on from there. Constant prods on chat messages aside, you've all made me feel really welcome and involved.

I've spent over an hour just staring at this thread and all the posts you've all given me, trying to get some type of resolve.

*throws self against a wall*

While I am slightly disappointed there will be no lala tossing. I am very happy you found a place you can be happy with and to call home, And more importantly that your friends are supporting you and you no longer have to be stressed and can just enjoy the game. Hopefully we can meet in character soon, maybe not on Evie, but keep an eye out for a mysterious female miqote from Salem's past. Wink

We would love to have you! I'm currently working with Roen to get her involved in our Season 3 plotline and I would be more than happy to do the same with you Hurray a new lalafell! So many Miqote. (Love you guys <3) and you can slip into Mondays Coil right now.

Everyone in the group last Monday loved you, so this is the easiest acceptance ever.

RE: Feeling like I'm not comfortable w/ my place in current FC - McBeefâ„¢ - 03-13-2014

(03-13-2014, 03:34 PM)ArmachiA Wrote: We would love to have you! I'm currently working with Roen to get her involved in our Season 3 plotline and I would be more than happy to do the same with you Hurray a new lalafell! So many Miqote. (Love you guys <3) and you can slip into Mondays Coil right now.

Everyone in the group last Monday loved you, so this is the easiest acceptance ever.

Hey! I didn't love her Angry .

(Jk <3 Welcome to the blades Kage, now get your tank geared up!)

And I want to be in the plotlines D: