Hydaelyn Role-Players
Defenders of Eorzea - Patch 2.3 Notes (Full Release) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Defenders of Eorzea - Patch 2.3 Notes (Full Release) (/showthread.php?tid=7609)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Defenders of Eorzea - Patch 2.3 Notes (Full Release) - Warren Castille - 07-14-2014

I must be weird: SV is the only one of the new 3 I really enjoyed. Hullbreaker feels... stiff? I don't know, aside from the vistas nothing there really makes me excited, and TT was nice the first time but feels sluggish on repeat.

On second thought, it's gotta be the shooting gallery second boss of SV. Best boss encounter.

RE: Defenders of Eorzea - Patch 2.3 Notes (Full Release) - TheLastCandle - 07-14-2014

Stone Vigil and Hullbreaker Isle are my favorites out of the new dungeons. In terms of bosses, SV takes it quite easily. Hullbreaker Isle has the best atmosphere and I love the music. (Even though thanks to a certain someone, I cannot un-hear the Pokemon theme.)

RE: Defenders of Eorzea - Patch 2.3 Notes (Full Release) - Berrod Armstrong - 07-14-2014

(07-14-2014, 03:00 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: I must be weird: SV is the only one of the new 3 I really enjoyed. Hullbreaker feels... stiff? I don't know, aside from the vistas nothing there really makes me excited, and TT was nice the first time but feels sluggish on repeat.

On second thought, it's gotta be the shooting gallery second boss of SV. Best boss encounter.
The boss fights in SV were unique and amazing to me. The first boss was a reboot from SV story -- those aoeing dead adds, yessss. The second boss...! CANNONS. FUN AS HELL. The last boss was just a no-rules brawl that I LOVED.

Tam Tara gets two thumbs up. I was thoroughly creeped out the first time I did it, and now I just run through it and enjoy watching the reactions of first-timers. Eerie boss progression, pure tragedy and a distinct air of hopelessness. GOOD JOB.

The tropical vista and roleplaying potential of Hullbreaker Isle makes me love it more every time I do it. I keep thinking to myself, "I've gotta do an in-character run of this place, I GOTTA."

Syrcus Tower. Don't get me STARTED on Syrcus Tower. I am in LOVE with that place. Scylla, Bara-abs man, Amon and Pecs-Xande the swole are all fun encounters, with everything between them simply BREATHTAKING -- AND THAT MUSIC.

Ramuh is a fun little tumble as well! It's a nice dance of a fight with THAT MUSIC THAT I CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF. HNNGH. 

Cheers for these fantastic additions to the duty list!

RE: Defenders of Eorzea - Patch 2.3 Notes (Full Release) - Crisiet - 07-14-2014

(07-14-2014, 03:16 PM)TheLastCandle Wrote: Stone Vigil and Hullbreaker Isle are my favorites out of the new dungeons. In terms of bosses, SV takes it quite easily. Hullbreaker Isle has the best atmosphere and I love the music. (Even though thanks to a certain someone, I cannot un-hear the Pokemon theme.)

SV is definitely best for boss fights. That second boss.

I DO love the Kraken fight, though.

RE: Defenders of Eorzea - Patch 2.3 Notes (Full Release) - FreelanceWizard - 07-14-2014

(07-14-2014, 02:41 PM)LiadansWhisper Wrote:
(07-14-2014, 02:26 PM)ExKage Wrote: It's.... it's... pretty boring. The only fight that is somewhat interesting is the last boss cause it's telegraphed but it's still sorta not-random.

... sometimes very annoying.

Especially when people don't stun the people who turn into dragons :c

People turn into dragons in there?

How did I miss this?

Stunlocking Paladins? Smile

One of the harrier mobs (Harrowing Harrier, maybe?) channels an ability, Dragon's Blood, that turns it into a Jura Avis if it's not interrupted. In the groups I've been in, it's usually two stuns required before the mob is dead. Also interesting is how some of the Jura Avis mobs actually speak Eorzean...

The lore aspect of it is interesting, but leave it to Ishgardians to not explain in any way what's going on with that. Tongue

RE: Defenders of Eorzea - Patch 2.3 Notes (Full Release) - LiadansWhisper - 07-14-2014

(07-14-2014, 03:23 PM)FreelanceWizard Wrote: Stunlocking Paladins? Smile

One of the harrier mobs (Harrowing Harrier, maybe?) channels an ability, Dragon's Blood, that turns it into a Jura Avis if it's not interrupted. In the groups I've been in, it's usually two stuns required before the mob is dead. Also interesting is how some of the Jura Avis mobs actually speak Eorzean...

The lore aspect of it is interesting, but leave it to Ishgardians to not explain in any way what's going on with that. Tongue

*huffs*

Typical Ishgardians.  They don't wanna tell you how they started this war, either!

RE: Defenders of Eorzea - Patch 2.3 Notes (Full Release) - Berrod Armstrong - 07-14-2014

(07-14-2014, 03:23 PM)FreelanceWizard Wrote:
(07-14-2014, 02:41 PM)LiadansWhisper Wrote:
(07-14-2014, 02:26 PM)ExKage Wrote: It's.... it's... pretty boring. The only fight that is somewhat interesting is the last boss cause it's telegraphed but it's still sorta not-random.

... sometimes very annoying.

Especially when people don't stun the people who turn into dragons :c

People turn into dragons in there?

How did I miss this?

Stunlocking Paladins? Smile

"To fear me is to love meeee!"

RE: Defenders of Eorzea - Patch 2.3 Notes (Full Release) - Crisiet - 07-14-2014

(07-14-2014, 03:25 PM)LiadansWhisper Wrote:
(07-14-2014, 03:23 PM)FreelanceWizard Wrote: Stunlocking Paladins? Smile

*huffs*

Typical Ishgardians.  They don't wanna tell you how they started this war, either!

Look, if a dragon is trying to bite off your face I don't think who started the fight really matters anymore.

Hateeeeeeeeerrrrssssss.