Hydaelyn Role-Players
Eternal Bond: Using it? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Eternal Bond: Using it? (/showthread.php?tid=8579)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Eternal Bond: Using it? - Parvacake - 10-09-2014

Going to be doing it with my bf. More on the OOC side of things but we're both SUPER excited about it! I can't wait to see Lili in the flowy dress Big Grin

RE: Eternal Bond: Using it? - Aysun - 10-09-2014

Will be using ICly.. surprisingly! o_o Never thought I'd see the day.

RE: Eternal Bond: Using it? - Cliodhna Eoghan - 10-09-2014

(10-09-2014, 05:40 PM)Erik Mynhier Wrote: Erik will be off the market sooner or later. He and Clio have been rping as old flames for 4 games now so I fully expect to find nightshade in my tea and wake up with a ring on my finger.
Among other straps to help tie you down...

RE: Eternal Bond: Using it? - LadyRochester - 10-09-2014

I actually might not for a long while (ICly). The idea of marriage terrifies my character a little, especially since it wouldn't really benefit her in the long term (or at least she thinks.) We'll see. It will really take someone to rock her world to even consider it.

RE: Eternal Bond: Using it? - ArmachiA - 10-10-2014

The one thing I've never done is gotten married ICly. 11 years of rping in MMOs and I always chickened out and broke up the engagements through the story before they went anywhere. I may be afraid of IC commitment.

It seems scary to me. Wouldn't RP get stale and boring once your married? This is a serious question and not at all a slight on marriage RP. I really want to know, how does it work?

RE: Eternal Bond: Using it? - Berrod Armstrong - 10-10-2014

(10-10-2014, 08:25 AM)ArmachiA Wrote: The one thing I've never done is gotten married ICly. 11 years of rping in MMOs and I always chickened out and broke up the engagements through the story before they went anywhere. I may be afraid of IC commitment.

It seems scary to me. Wouldn't RP get stale and boring once your married? This is a serious question and not at all a slight on marriage RP. I really want to know, how does it work?
Hmm! As someone who has played his character in a relationship for a year going (IC ups and downs aside), I can say that it's only as stale as a roleplayer makes it. It's up to us to keep things interesting and challenge ourselves -- no one is gonna do that for us. 

A married couple being  forced into battle together (or similar strife) can be a platform for powerful, emotional scenes. Hell, at the moment I'm in skype with Caleb roleplaying a fight against a bunch of thugs -- and it's SO MUCH MORE interesting because of their bond. The mutual concern for each other, the spikes of rage when one sees the other getting hurt, the fear of the other one being grievously harmed...and you know what? A ring on the finger and the status of 'lul married' isn't going to change that at all, unless we as players let it. 

If there's someone you trust enough and enjoy enough to provide your character a partner along with an interesting time, go for it! Only if you REALLY want to, of course!

RE: Eternal Bond: Using it? - Warren Castille - 10-10-2014

(10-10-2014, 08:25 AM)ArmachiA Wrote: The one thing I've never done is gotten married ICly. 11 years of rping in MMOs and I always chickened out and broke up the engagements through the story before they went anywhere. I may be afraid of IC commitment.

It changes, but it doesn't really decline. The panicky fluttery parts of losing someone get replaced with the warmth of having a partner through thick and thin. For inner-personal RP you get to have a bond with someone that's more than just casual dating or longing and for larger-scaled action RP it gives you someone to fight for/have fight for you.

RE: Eternal Bond: Using it? - Coatleque - 10-10-2014

If I do it, it will have to be IC.
My only 'fear', if you can call it that, is that once it's done the other person would stop playing.

RE: Eternal Bond: Using it? - Random Encounter - 10-10-2014

I'm more on a wait and see viewpoint atm. Depending on how they do it I might save it for IC purposes, if it sounds like a horrible pain but I still want the vanity stuff, I'll just go the OOC route and just link the account with the wife's for that too.

(10-10-2014, 08:57 AM)Coatleque Wrote: If I do it, it will have to be IC.
My only 'fear', if you can call it that, is that once it's done the other person would stop playing.

That's the worst thing when it comes to RPing relationships.

RE: Eternal Bond: Using it? - Kage - 10-10-2014

Considering I'm forever alone I'm doing it purely for OOC reasons.

I want that stuff. Whatever it may be. I want it.

RE: Eternal Bond: Using it? - Berrod Armstrong - 10-10-2014

(10-10-2014, 09:17 AM)Kage Wrote: Considering I'm forever alone I'm doing it purely for OOC reasons.

Getting married for the stuff, eh? Kage, you scandalous scoundrel, you.

Come, let uncle golddigger Berrod show you how it's done...

RE: Eternal Bond: Using it? - Parvacake - 10-10-2014

(10-10-2014, 09:17 AM)Kage Wrote: Considering I'm forever alone I'm doing it purely for OOC reasons.

Find a friend to make an alt and just do it that way Smile I have a friend who is making a fun game out of it with her buddy that she's making his character's 'ideal woman' (appearence wise anyways) for him to get hitched too so he can get all the cool shit.

Enterprise, Kage. Start up a business of just modeling trophy wives/husbands and reap the rewards for dozens of hollow, empty marriages!

RE: Eternal Bond: Using it? - Clover - 10-10-2014

Not using it. Fun as it looks, I'd never use any of my characters for such a thing OOCly, and it's more than obvious that it won't happen to them ICly either.
I'll be happy to see other people enjoying the system, though!