Hydaelyn Role-Players
Balmung is open! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Balmung is open! (/showthread.php?tid=8957)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: Balmung is open! - Maril - 01-03-2015

There is a valid (but expensive) alternative, I had a friend who couldn't make a character. Instead he rolled a character on Gilgamesh and transferred it over to Balmung, it seems that the transfers aren't affected by the lockdown (as otherwise stated on the official site). As such he managed to transfer whilst the server was still locked, though he did transfer in the EU afternoon so, very early morning for yous. Though from what I can tell it's not the lockdown on creation that affects transfers. The catch is that the character has to be 3 days old (24hrs x3) and then it costs money.
And then you must pray that you do not get caught behind error 401 as my other friend has :/

RE: Balmung is open! - Nester - 01-03-2015

That's an interesting idea. I will consider it. Thank you.

RE: Balmung is open! - Kellach Woods - 01-03-2015

(01-03-2015, 11:22 AM)Sastra Wrote: There is a valid (but expensive) alternative

And that is why I'm fiendishly hunting down any available windows for character creation.

RE: Balmung is open! - Tokki - 01-03-2015

This is so frustrating.Frustrated I've been trying to get a friend to try out FF XIV via a trial. I wanted to make an alt with him to level...but neither of us seem to find openings. Is it sad that at 6 am EST I was all, "Ok now can everyone log off so we can have  a space in this game?Sleepy"

I guess we'll just have to use a different server which sucks because generally like to stick to one server.

RE: Balmung is open! - Zetchryn - 01-03-2015

(01-03-2015, 12:53 PM)Ellisana Wrote: This is so frustrating.Frustrated I've been trying to get a friend to try out FF XIV via a trial. I wanted to make an alt with him to level...but neither of us seem to find openings. Is it sad that at 6 am EST I was all, "Ok now can everyone log off so we can have  a space in this game?Sleepy"

I guess we'll just have to use a different server which sucks because generally like to stick to one server.

6 AM weekdays will usually do it. Now that we're out of the holiday season, and everyone's going back to work? You should be able to do it.

RE: Balmung is open! - Tokki - 01-03-2015

(01-03-2015, 01:37 PM)Zetchryn Wrote:
(01-03-2015, 12:53 PM)Ellisana Wrote: This is so frustrating.Frustrated I've been trying to get a friend to try out FF XIV via a trial. I wanted to make an alt with him to level...but neither of us seem to find openings. Is it sad that at 6 am EST I was all, "Ok now can everyone log off so we can have  a space in this game?Sleepy"

6 AM weekdays will usually do it. Now that we're out of the holiday season, and everyone's going back to work? You should be able to do it.

Yeah..Ended up just going to Jenova for now since he doesn't want to waste his trial waiting (he wants to try out the game to see if he likes it) I guess if he likes it he can always transfer or create a new character once the holiday hype dies down. MoogleAnd if I get too attached to my alt character I guess I'll pay the moneys to transfer her too. Tongue I guess either way Square Enix gets my $s. lol

RE: Balmung is open! - Nester - 01-04-2015

Is that 6am EST? And do you think I should try for it tonight or wait until Monday morning? I'm anxious to get started Dazed

RE: Balmung is open! - Kage - 01-04-2015

You're probably hard pressed to see it open during the weekends. I used to be able to find it open at 4-5am PST Saturdays but I think those times won't be on until less people have free time.

RE: Balmung is open! - Ixarien - 01-04-2015

I transferred my account and my friend's account a few days ago without a hitch, even when character creation was down. Love it here Tongue

RE: Balmung is open! - NeonSears - 01-04-2015

So I literally just transferred, once its transferred I'll be able to log in even when the server is closed for transfers/new characters, right?

RE: Balmung is open! - Ixarien - 01-04-2015

Yep, should be able to.

RE: Balmung is open! - NeonSears - 01-04-2015

Good to know!

RE: Balmung is open! - Ashe - 01-04-2015

The way I've always done it (and my friend did this during the holiday too) is 8AM EST--while I was getting ready for classes (I have 3 characters on Balmung juuuuuust in case.  Two are for RP, one is not, for now).  

With transfers, I tried it once and it was around 4PM EST and it took all of instantaneously to do it.  Your character just needs to be 3 days old on some other server before transfering.  The transfer times do not match to the server lock times, from what I've seen.  it's $18, yes.  But if you really want to be on Balmung and don't want to make a character super early in the morning, that is your best bet.

RE: Balmung is open! - Naunet - 01-04-2015

People giving money to SE to get around their silly character lockdowns sure does incentivize them to fix whatever it is that prevents them from having fully functioning servers. xD

RE: Balmung is open! - Kellach Woods - 01-04-2015

Do what everyone else does, blame it on the PSTriple.