Hydaelyn Role-Players
So I need a major hand at this RP thing. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Character Workshop (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Thread: So I need a major hand at this RP thing. (/showthread.php?tid=9840)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: So I need a major hand at this RP thing. - Melkire - 01-28-2015

(01-28-2015, 08:47 PM)M Wrote: But are they capable of reproducing and starting a family with another race?

Cross-clan has been confirmed canonically by Square through certain characters whose names I shall leave unspoiled.

Cross-race is a different matter entirely. Neither confirmed nor denied, implicitly or explicitly, as far as I'm aware (I don't recall Fernehawles giving a serious answer to this, just him handwaving the Roegadyn-Lalafell example). Personally leaning towards, "no, they'd have to adopt."

RE: So I need a major hand at this RP thing. - Y'lani - 01-28-2015

(01-28-2015, 08:42 PM)M Wrote: Thanks for the help everyone. Please be patient as I throw a bunch more at you!Smile

Okay, moving past the Nunh/Tia debate, if A miqo'te where to leave his tribe and not much care to start another, would he be interested in a romance with other species/races other then his own?

I mean I'm sure others RPers have, but what would the Miqo'te do themselves? I figure that being in the tribe it would be Miqo'te all the way around. But as a tribeless member, would it be out of nature to fall for a Roge or Elezen?

And is there any other hard known facts about Miqo'te that I seem to be missing?

The heart wants what the heart wants. I believe that no matter what race your character is, they can love whoever they want to love. Are they able to be with them? That depends on the other player. Inter-racial breeding has been confirmed (or so I hear), though as far as I know we're uncertain as to whether it is frowned upon by the common Eorzean. EDIT: Sounsyy confirmed that it is mostly frowned upon. Yay Sounsyy!

My character, Y'lani, would find it very odd, and only because your character is a male Miqo'te Nunh. She's so used to her own cultural norms that it makes it incredibly hard for her to see a male Miqo'te foster a love for another man, or a male Miqo'te love a different race, because male Miqo'te are rarer than female Miqo'te in the lore. This is applicable to both cultures (Seekers and Keepers). In Keeper lore, males tend to wander from "family" to "family", solely there to give women Keepers more babies across the land. Now, this is from word of mouth, so don't be surprised if I'm wrong. But male Miqo'te being rarer than females? That's a definite.

Does that mean it shouldn't happen? Nope! Some characters may find it odd, but that's only more roleplay opportunity for you! It should also be noted that tribal Seeker females often stick to one partner (the Nunh) while the Nunh has many. Females would likely not get too attached to the Nunh, because the Nunh may switch out at any moment if a Tia wins in a battle for the title, but again, Miqo'te can certainly feel love. They're related to the races of man, after all, and they can have an Eternal Bond ceremony like any other race.

I haven't read it, but there's a Polyamory Guide somewhere on the RPC that may be helpful to you, depending. I personally enjoy the Miqo'te lore (it's logical, but in human society, it messes with our ethics) while others tend to find it controversial, or uncomfortable. Whether you feel this way is completely your own personal opinion.

Again, I'm on my phone... so I apologize in advance for my scattered responses!

EDIT: darn, I'm so slow, only typing 30 words per minute on my phone! Anyway, what Sounsyy said is totally right. I suppose I'll keep this here anyway. Big Grin

RE: So I need a major hand at this RP thing. - Du'lance Fiourtune - 01-28-2015

For character writing purposes, would there of been Miqo'te tribes at Mor Dhona before the battle or would this of been outside their normal.....what's the word....habitat? I guess.....

And if so, any rough idea where Mor Dhona is compared to say LL?

RE: So I need a major hand at this RP thing. - Chris Ganale - 01-28-2015

Mor Dhona is dead center of Eorzea, north of Thanalan, and south of the Shroud and Coerthas. It's basically due northeast across the sea from Limsa.

As for tribes there? Ehh...I dunno.

RE: So I need a major hand at this RP thing. - Sounsyy - 01-28-2015

Um, we don't have any lore about Miqo'te tribes living in the Mor Dhona region, but that's not to say it wouldn't be possible, but it would've been about 15 years since anyone has "lived" in the region. At least to our knowledge, the region has been largely uninhabited for a long time.

Here's a map of Eorzea:
[Image: map_ff14_eorzea.jpg]

So Limsa Lominsa is on the island of Vylbrand to the western part of Eorzea. Due East, across the Straight of Merlthor is the region of Mor Dhona. Before the Battle of Silvertear Skies 15 years ago, it actually was a beautiful forest region with a multi-tiered lake called Lake Silvertear seen below.

[Image: Eorzea.png]

So I think I have something pretty decent, it would fit the name, city state, (Gridania) and siding with Maelstrom as more privateer than pirate,Moho the translate loosly to the same thing.

Maybe once I get it wrote out I will post it here on the forums.

RE: So I need a major hand at this RP thing. - FreelanceWizard - 01-28-2015

(01-28-2015, 08:42 PM)Miraak Nunh Wrote: I mean I'm sure others RPers have, but what would the Miqo'te do themselves? I figure that being in the tribe it would be Miqo'te all the way around. But as a tribeless member, would it be out of nature to fall for a Roge or Elezen?

Others have answered this already, but just to add a lore reference via NPC, the adventurers from whom you get the unlock of Wanderer's Palace (Hard Mode) are, in fact, a cross-race couple. They mention that they were driven out of their village for their love, but they've stuck together.

(01-28-2015, 10:04 PM)FreelanceWizard Wrote:
(01-28-2015, 08:42 PM)M Wrote: I mean I'm sure others RPers have, but what would the Miqo'te do themselves? I figure that being in the tribe it would be Miqo'te all the way around. But as a tribeless member, would it be out of nature to fall for a Roge or Elezen?

Others have answered this already, but just to add a lore reference via NPC, the adventurers from whom you get the unlock of Wanderer's Palace (Hard Mode) are, in fact, a cross-race couple. They mention that they were driven out of their village for their love, but they've stuck together.
Thanks for the info, I haven't got that far yet so I didn't know. Thanks again!

RE: So I need a major hand at this RP thing. - Du'lance Fiourtune - 01-29-2015

So just to double check,the Miqo'te were already known to the Elezen, Highlander etc BEFORE the calamity, correct?

RE: So I need a major hand at this RP thing. - FreelanceWizard - 01-29-2015

Yep. The miqo'te -- or, more accurately, the ancestors of modern miqo'te -- arrived in Eorzea during the Fifth Umbral Era (thousands of years ago), coming over ice bridges in search of prey. All of the five races of Man have known of each other for quite a while. Smile