Hydaelyn Role-Players
Housing: Let our voices be heard! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Housing: Let our voices be heard! (/showthread.php?tid=9965)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Housing: Let our voices be heard! - Recoil - 02-07-2015

Honestly, Wildstar housing was probably the best housing I'd seen in a long time.

o Affordable
o Heavily customizable, even to the biome
o Tons of furniture w/ little restrictions
o Lighting options
o LIGHTING OPTIONS
o LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHTING OPTIIIIIONS
o Music options
o Nearly everything could be scaled or modified on the xyz planes
o Personal nodes, mining, farming, training modules
o More...

I'm contemplating resubbing. I hate the endgame but love the game. Of course, I love FFXIV and don't plan on quitting anytime soon, but its housing is a farcry from what I know and love. I'm not rich enough to afford anything more than the personal quarters you can have branched off of the FC housing. It's... nice. It's not good, it's not bad, it's just nice. 

RE: Housing: Let our voices be heard! - Rosamund - 02-07-2015

(02-07-2015, 06:00 PM)Fuzz Wrote: It's... nice. It's not good, it's not bad, it's just nice. 

Wildstar's was pretty amazing, and even garrisons in WoW aren't limited by the players on the server. I really do struggle to see why it's the way it is in FFXIV.

RE: Housing: Let our voices be heard! - Aldotsk - 02-11-2015

One of these reasons I've bought like two to three plots for myself early hand in case if I ever want to use them. I haven't sold any or given them away. I haven't customized either and I am still holding them to see if I can offer for trade to occupy any plots in Ward 7 main division . I do understand that the plots are so limited in Balmung though. I've noticed that some servers are not even filled yet, which is probably why the devs weren't so concerned about making new wards so far

RE: Housing: Let our voices be heard! - SicketySix - 02-11-2015

(02-11-2015, 03:11 PM)Aldotsk Wrote: One of these reasons I've bought like two to three plots for myself early hand in case if I ever want to use them. I haven't sold any or given them away. I haven't customized either and I am still holding them to see if I can offer for trade to occupy any plots in Ward 7 main division . I do understand that the plots are so limited in Balmung though. I've noticed that some servers are not even filled yet, which is probably why the devs weren't so concerned about making new wards so far

*in the voice of kyle*
"YOU BASTARD, YOU STOLE ALL THE HOUSING*

RE: Housing: Let our voices be heard! - ArmachiA - 02-12-2015

Forever waiting for a medium plot.

I understand the crew is working on the Golden Saucer, and at least I can distract myself with it till more housing comes out - which I'm guessing won't be thought about till after the expansion.

RE: Housing: Let our voices be heard! - Parvacake - 02-12-2015

(02-12-2015, 06:39 AM)ArmachiA Wrote: Which I'm guessing won't be thought about till after the expansion.
 *Forever waits with you. QQ*

RE: Housing: Let our voices be heard! - Alothia - 02-12-2015

(02-07-2015, 06:00 PM)Fuzz Wrote: It's... nice. It's not good, it's not bad, it's just nice. 
I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right. I'm the witch, you're the world!

Yay for knowing Into the Woods. It is my favorite musical. I was really saddened by the movie. Anywho. /sidebar

I totally agree with the Wildstar housing thoughts. It was one of my favorite parts of that game. Sure, you couldn't walk through a neighborhood and randomly happen upon someone because they were all separate instances, but it was a lot more robust. Even with a little bit of money, you could do amazing things there. *sigh*

RE: Housing: Let our voices be heard! - Atoli - 02-12-2015

(02-11-2015, 03:11 PM)Aldotsk Wrote: One of these reasons I've bought like two to three plots for myself early hand in case if I ever want to use them. I haven't sold any or given them away. I haven't customized either and I am still holding them to see if I can offer for trade to occupy any plots in Ward 7 main division . I do understand that the plots are so limited in Balmung though. I've noticed that some servers are not even filled yet, which is probably why the devs weren't so concerned about making new wards so far

:|

RE: Housing: Let our voices be heard! - Cato - 02-12-2015

They really should limit the purchase of houses to one per account, at least until it's made more widely available and affordable. As others have mentioned already Wildstar's model was perfect and I really hope that FFXIV adopts something similar in the future. I don't mind waiting but I do hope that someday I'll be able to enjoy owning a house of my own without first throwing a ridiculous amount of gil at it.

RE: Housing: Let our voices be heard! - Naunet - 02-12-2015

(02-12-2015, 06:20 PM)Graeham Ridgefield Wrote: As others have mentioned already Wildstar's model was perfect and I really hope that FFXIV adopts something similar in the future. I don't mind waiting but I do hope that someday I'll be able to enjoy owning a house of my own without first throwing a ridiculous amount of gil at it.

Don't hold your breath. Changing from the disaster of a housing system that FFXIV has now to the actually enjoyable system WildStar has would mean trashing their entire concept and reworking everything from almost scratch. I really, really doubt that will ever happen. If you want WS-style housing, you're better off playing WS (or Rift, which has essentially the same thing).

Notice: Please do not forget to make posts on the main forum thread linked in the master post! Discussing here is fine as well but the main forums is what I want the focus to be on so our voices can be heard and more awareness spread Smile Please and thank you!

RE: Housing: Let our voices be heard! - Cato - 02-12-2015

(02-12-2015, 10:59 PM)Naunet Wrote:
(02-12-2015, 06:20 PM)Graeham Ridgefield Wrote: As others have mentioned already Wildstar's model was perfect and I really hope that FFXIV adopts something similar in the future. I don't mind waiting but I do hope that someday I'll be able to enjoy owning a house of my own without first throwing a ridiculous amount of gil at it.

Don't hold your breath. Changing from the disaster of a housing system that FFXIV has now to the actually enjoyable system WildStar has would mean trashing their entire concept and reworking everything from almost scratch. I really, really doubt that will ever happen. If you want WS-style housing, you're better off playing WS (or Rift, which has essentially the same thing).

Well, like I said I don't expect it to happen in the immediate future but I'm hoping that they'll find a way around it. We're getting Ishgard in the next expansion so maybe that will launch with a whole bunch of housing plots.

Though from what I hear Balmung has a huge amount of competition for houses whereas other servers don't. It's a bit frustrating that people can buy more than one plot per account when they're already so limited.

(02-12-2015, 11:15 PM)Graeham Ridgefield Wrote:
(02-12-2015, 10:59 PM)Naunet Wrote:

Well, like I said I don't expect it to happen in the immediate future but I'm hoping that they'll find a way around it. We're getting Ishgard in the next expansion so maybe that will launch with a whole bunch of housing plots.

Though from what I hear Balmung has a huge amount of competition for houses whereas other servers don't. It's a bit frustrating that people can buy more than one plot per account when they're already so limited.
I can understand if its a character-to-character sort of purchase. Especially since many people have a main and sometimes even an alt they do a lot with so it'd make sense for characters to have their own housing.

RE: Housing: Let our voices be heard! - Knight Kat - 02-14-2015

So yes. Housing. Must needs fix.

Totes just doing this to bump the thread.

RE: Housing: Let our voices be heard! - Caspar - 02-14-2015

I hope there is Coerthas housing someday.