Hydaelyn Role-Players
Your IC reaction to Au Ra - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Your IC reaction to Au Ra (/showthread.php?tid=11357)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Your IC reaction to Au Ra - Caspar - 04-28-2015

Innocently insensitive. On her island, she only ever met Hyur from Othard and Roes. When she met her first Miqo, the immediate reaction Virara had was to pull his tail. You can bet that will happen again. Hm but given her background with the domans, she should know of the au ra, so I think it'd just be a case of never met one in person.

RE: Your IC reaction to Au Ra - Chris Ganale - 04-28-2015

Three of my characters are Doman--one actively partnered with/soon-to-be-boning an Au Ra lady--so that automatically removes them from WTF reactions. At most, Chao would finally realize just how bad it is back home, and Seno and Yuuna would wonder what's changed to make them stop hiding. Yuuna also would be ecstatic that Hotaru doesn't have to hide anymore.

Ganale might not even notice for a while, depends on what I get him up to here soon. Either way, he's not like to care much unless they bother him. The only one he's like to even see for any amount of time is that timid archer living in the inn with that other Doman girl.

Tahz would initially be concerned that they're some new Dravanian species but wouldn't care after being told otherwise. Being my goody-goody, he's very accepting of people.

Garon won't care a whit unless there are posted bounties on them. Once he hears of their warrior cul....fuck, I just realized how Mando-esque they are... Irrelevant. He'd keep an ear out for any looking to become bounty hunters and try to get them into Apex.

Ghost himself is a foreigner and already finds the other races than hyur fascinating, so he'd want to know about them. It helps that that genki as fuck girl that's started hanging out with him, with the greatsword bigger than she is, is one of them.

RE: Your IC reaction to Au Ra - Flickering Ember - 04-28-2015

Ember is blind. She won't notice them until she gets to touch them. She'd probably just think the Au Ra males are skinny roegadyns and the female Au Ra are very short midlanders. I imagine she will like the texture of their scales a whole lot so she might be physically harassing many of them. Although I imagine she could accidentally hurt herself trying to hug or nuzzle one by getting stabbed with a horn. That could potentially sour her opinion.

RE: Your IC reaction to Au Ra - D'aito Kuji - 04-28-2015

D'aito Kuji is nothing if not intensely curious and adventurous.  I'm certain that she would be very interested in meeting them and learning about them, hear their stories, and take in their cultural differences.  She is very much an ask questions first and shoot later, only if necessary kind of personality.

She might find the male Au Ra somewhat intimidating depending on the circumstances but would be as accommodating as she could possibly be.  The people of Limsa Lominsa, her adopted home, were similarly accommodating when the Miqo'te arrived in numbers (or so she heard).  Her personal experience would bear this out.  She would jump at the chance to be a good host for them.

But as with any marauder/warrior, there's little doubt that she'd also use whatever she learned about them to effectively combat them, if necessary.  But she would very much prefer nothing like that happened.

RE: Your IC reaction to Au Ra - Blue - 04-28-2015

(04-28-2015, 12:23 PM)OttoVann Wrote: You know speaking of how Au Ra react, a lot of how they are accepted will come to how they act and behave in the major cities at 3.0.

People who have immigrated from anywhere to somewhere else, if they care to be accepted, typically are rather low-key at first and build up that trust and acceptance. If Au Ra swarm Ul'Dah and just demand people get over it and accept they have horns and scales, lol and good luck.

Yep, I agree! I do have plans for my Au Ra to follow the typical pattern of a clandestine immigrant in a new land. The struggle of the new language, the different landscape and weather (she's a Raen, and Limsa lacks mountain-like areas, so every city will likely have a new, hostile climate for her), the different culture... She will likely struggle to get a job (I'm going to RP several NPCs turning her request down out of distrust), and unless she finds a refuge, she will likely end up in the streets for a while.

Very likely, she will seek the company of her own for a while, and be wary/shy to approach Eorzeans. I'm very excited by all these answers! I think this will make for a very realistic RP, just how I love it!

RE: Your IC reaction to Au Ra - allgivenover - 04-28-2015

Yugiri felt the need to cover her face to avoid uproar. That says a lot.

Waiting on having access to 3.0 and being able to talk to some Au Ra before we can say for sure though.

RE: Your IC reaction to Au Ra - Crisiet - 04-28-2015

Cris was never great with strangers in the first place. The Au Ra? They look rather like dragons, regardless of what anyone tries to tell him they are.

There'll be a lot of distrust.

RE: Your IC reaction to Au Ra - Clover - 04-28-2015

Clover will likely be very curious and might stare at them from afar.
K'mih will likely be very scared. Being a secluded tribal miqo'te, she's quite unused to other cultures, even more to one she's never heard of.

RE: Your IC reaction to Au Ra - Makyn Loneseeker - 04-28-2015

Makyn probably wouldn't care at all. xD

"Oh, suddenly new people... -goes off to do whatever he was doing-"

RE: Your IC reaction to Au Ra - Hyrist - 04-28-2015

As an overview - my decision, head-cannon wise is that there isn't an actual "Sudden" appearance of Au Ra, but rather they've been migrating in since Doma was obliterated, but for the most part have been out-of-sight.

By the time Heavensward hits and the influx of Au Ra characters show up OOC, ICly they've been showing for quite a while and are just being more 'noticed' as a sizable number has shown up by this time, especially among adventurers. 

These are my top four Characters' reactions.

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

RE: Your IC reaction to Au Ra - Fox - 04-28-2015

(04-28-2015, 05:51 PM)Hyrist Wrote: As an overview - my decision, head-cannon wise is that there isn't an actual "Sudden" appearance of Au Ra, but rather they've been migrating in since Doma was obliterated, but for the most part have been out-of-sight.

By the time Heavensward hits and the influx of Au Ra characters show up OOC, ICly they've been showing for quite a while and are just being more 'noticed' as a sizable number has shown up by this time, especially among adventurers. 

This honestly makes the most sense. And it is something I agree with and will likely be going with as well. 

C'sien will be very curious but a bit hesitant and will wonder if they're void sent of some sort. However she wouldn't treat them badly. She as an adventurer didn't like how Gridanians treated her as an outsider, nor did she like how refugees are treated in Uldah. She's a kind person and dislikes that sort of stuff.

If she saw someone abusing or treating an au ra wrongly she'd step in.

As for my au ra, Dusk has been traveling longer than things blowing up in Othard. She's likely used to racism and she hides herself in heavy armor.

RE: Your IC reaction to Au Ra - Savarah - 04-28-2015

As someone who's (probably) making the switch to Xaela, she'll be amused by the reactions to her, considering she's been back and forth from Eorzea to Othard multiple times over the past few years. About time she can let her hood down and un-tape her tail from her blasted leg.

RE: Your IC reaction to Au Ra - Nako Vesh - 04-28-2015

(04-28-2015, 11:22 AM)ArmachiA Wrote: Armi is going to stare. Stare all the time. Stare a lot. And ask stupid questions.

"So if you're from Africa, why are you white?" type questions.

Haha! YES! I could completely see Nako behaving like this once the initial trepidation wore off.

RE: Your IC reaction to Au Ra - Siha - 04-28-2015

Siha would be curious and maybe just a bit wary of them at first, but overall I think sympathetic to them losing their home as that's all she'd really know from the beginning. That's about all I can offer without her having met one.

RE: Your IC reaction to Au Ra - FreelanceWizard - 04-28-2015

Just purely based on appearance, L'yhta would be rather curious about who and what they are, where they came from, how they got to be how they are, etc. Naturally, she's likely to get more intrigued once she hears some origin stories and will start doing her own independent research. Where that goes from there depends a lot on the lore I assume we'll get in 3.0.