Hydaelyn Role-Players
FFXIV Politics Thread(3.0 Spoilers) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: FFXIV Politics Thread(3.0 Spoilers) (/showthread.php?tid=12472)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: FFXIV Politics Thread(3.0 Spoilers) - Kellach Woods - 07-08-2015

Show Content

RE: FFXIV Politics Thread(3.0 Spoilers) - McBeefâ„¢ - 07-08-2015

(07-08-2015, 06:39 PM)Kellach Woods Wrote:
Show Content

Considering the Crystal Blades are still at large, someone else is bankrolling them.

Who exactly, is another question.

RE: FFXIV Politics Thread(3.0 Spoilers) - V'aleera - 07-08-2015

Are they though? It's literally just Ilberd and his cronies now; the majority of the Crystal Braves seem to have scattered to the wind or come back to rejoin the Scions under Alphinaud.

Could be that Ilberd tried to fuck over Lolorito and kept the profits from the weapons sale.

Would explain why he's ballin'.

RE: FFXIV Politics Thread(3.0 Spoilers) - Telluride - 07-08-2015

(07-08-2015, 07:05 PM)Kellach Woods Wrote: Could be that Ilberd tried to fuck over Lolorito and kept the profits from the weapons sale.

If you believe Lolorito, Dewlala, and Ilberd, that is. I do not.

Frankly, I expect another curveball from all of them.

RE: FFXIV Politics Thread(3.0 Spoilers) - McBeefâ„¢ - 07-08-2015

(07-08-2015, 07:24 PM)Telluride Wrote:
(07-08-2015, 07:05 PM)Kellach Woods Wrote: Could be that Ilberd tried to fuck over Lolorito and kept the profits from the weapons sale.

If you believe Lolorito, Dewlala, and Ilberd, that is. I do not.

Frankly, I expect another curveball from all of them.

What!?

How can you not trust this face!

[Image: vbuJh2r.png]

My personal feelings is that you should never let anyone from Ul'dah speak and just run 'em through before they have a chance to spout bullshit.

I'm going off of information revealed, not my personal feelings on this.

RE: FFXIV Politics Thread(3.0 Spoilers) - Griffith! - 07-08-2015

I dunno. Ul'dah is my favorite city because everyone there comes off as playing you. Gridania is my least favorite, because "'cause the elementals say so" is the weakest motivation. And I hate Ishgard on principle, because the entire culture comes off as paranoid and fanatical, which as a Jew I've already had plenty of in real life. I swear, they treat suspected heretics like my family treats goyim. Y'know, just push 'em off a cliff. Thumbsup

Seriously, where's the good in Ishgard? I mean, every nation has good and bad as presented in the Lore, but Ishgard just irks me so much. I'm also still a little hazy on who the bad guys are supposed to be - Ishgard or the dragons. Because they both come off as assholes to me.

If you haven't done Heavensward, the good in Ishgard is extremely hard to see, but you definitely see a lot of it because the expansion goes out of its way to make Ishgard a more complex city than originally presented.

Gridania NEEDS this kind of exposure, but won't ever get it most likely.

RE: FFXIV Politics Thread(3.0 Spoilers) - V'aleera - 07-08-2015

(07-08-2015, 08:11 PM)Griffith! Wrote: Seriously, where's the good in Ishgard?
Without Ishgard Gridania wouldn't exist and nobody would have chocobos. We would just have Ala Mhigosylvania and everyone would have to walk.

On a more serious note, Ishgard's best comes out in the many characters possessed of the romanticized version of knightly virtue.

Gridania not existing isn't exactly a net positive.

Chocobos tho.

Yeah, alright, chocobos. But what have they done for me lately?

I guess I'll just have to wait it out then, and see it for myself. We've talked a lot about Ul'dahn politics, but are there similar issues in Limsa Lominsa or Gridania? I thought they were pretty cut and dry.

Limsa's problems is that Merlwyb is just as good to the city as she's atrocious to it. Every single primal problem in Limsa is directly linked to Merlwyb's meddling with the beast tribes.

Gridania is like a warmer Ishgard - you have a caste system (one of the closed off areas of Gridania is essentially always blocked to you because you're not part of that caste), blind worship of entities that are essentially too powerful to ignore and impossible to please, in addition to blatant racism towards Duskwights and Keepers, with a side dish of accidental genocide vs. Ala Mhigans.

I knew about Merlwyb, but the Gridania stuff is news to me. I vaguely knew about the caste system, but the rest I hadn't seen. I should pay more attention.

RE: FFXIV Politics Thread(3.0 Spoilers) - Kellach Woods - 07-09-2015

The racism is mostly presented near the Lancers' Guild with a NPC reaction, in the 1-30 Lancer class quests and 1-30 Archer job quests.
I didn't mention the xenophobia because that's pretty much the entire experience of starting a character in Gridania.