Hydaelyn Role-Players
Your Characters 'job'. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Fun Prompts (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Thread: Your Characters 'job'. (/showthread.php?tid=12501)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Your Characters 'job'. - Berrod Armstrong - 08-24-2015

Berrod is a monk, hands down, no ambiguity. He has practice with an axe, and was once rejected by the Roegadyn of Alabathia's spine because of his volatile temper. Since then he's learned to keep his anger in check, but has more or less abandoned his pursuits with axe wielding. 

Monkery earns him gil through adventuring; he also runs a Free Company and teaches weekly classes in the Pugilist's guild.

RE: Your Characters 'job'. - Telluride - 08-24-2015

Nathan would wear a big gold medallion that said "Spoony4Lyfe" if that sort of thing were fashionable anywhere.

He is deliberately and terribly cliche' and exactly what you would expect from a wandering bard: lute in hand, tankard at the ready, feet propped up, jaunty hat, and all that. In fact, he is proud to be as predictable as he is, because, let's face it, there's a reason that people like bards, and he wants to be that reason.

RE: Your Characters 'job'. - Ignacius - 08-24-2015

Orleans actually has business cards, with expensive and delicate calligraphy, that describe him as an "Assets and Personnel Management Consultant".

RE: Your Characters 'job'. - D'aito Kuji - 08-24-2015

97 people and D'aito is the only Warrior?  But it's not a job title she'd self-apply as she spends most of her time doing odd jobs and sees relatively little combat.

RE: Your Characters 'job'. - Lamiaris - 08-24-2015

Lami actually is my main, and I main her as Scholar (will work on the other classes later). And I know this will probably get lots of bashing probably..

But I actually play her ICly in the FFXI 'style' of scholar; all purpose mage, able to perform black and white magic to a very good degree and using the two different grimoire types, in a sense. To this end, I ICly play her as having multiple books/ grimoires for all of her spells, and yes, if I can help it, she will always be in the Scholar attire.

And she even has a grimoire specifically for summoning magic.. HOWEVER, summoning, for her, takes quite a toll on her health and so she only uses it very rarely.

RE: Your Characters 'job'. - Erik Mynhier - 08-24-2015

A low level officer in the Flames, commanding a unit of misfits, ex-criminals, and other former ne'er do wells in the defense of Thanalan and its people. In that capacity Erik was and currently has become part of the Sworn as a go between for the two groups. But that role for him has always been sort of honorary. He identifies as a Flame.

RE: Your Characters 'job'. - Sig - 08-24-2015

Alcoholic, diplomatic vintner trained in Ala Mhigan close quarters combat, which he refuses to use (right now), and instead fights rather clumsily with any weapon that provides sufficient reach. When not peddling wine, a marketing director of a free company specializing in monster hunting and Magitek.  

In game class jobs are booorrrrrinnnnnngggggggggggg.

RE: Your Characters 'job'. - Sylentmana - 08-24-2015

Cecilia is a mage with special emphasis on healing.

RE: Your Characters 'job'. - I'nhalki - 08-25-2015

I RP as a character who would, mechanically-speaking, switch between Rogue, Marauder and Lancer fairly frequently. She specializes in thrown weapons, so basically—javelins, throwing knives and tomahawks. She uses javelins for spear-fishing and impromptu combat, then knives and tomahawks as her go-to weapons as they tie in with her combat background and early training, which came primarily from two reformed pirates.

I'm currently wrestling with how to portray her usage of axes, as my main is Warrior. I really picture her dual-wielding axes or using a smaller axe than what we usually see in-game for Warriors. Maybe Ninja would be a better IC choice for a main class. Time will tell!

RE: Your Characters 'job'. - LiadansWhisper - 08-25-2015

I didn't vote.

Liadan is a Hearer.