Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Spoilers] 3.1 MSQ and Others Discussions - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: [Spoilers] 3.1 MSQ and Others Discussions (/showthread.php?tid=14248)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: [Spoilers] 3.1 MSQ and Others Discussions - Kage - 11-12-2015

Something I realized though about the length of the MSQ.

Previous 2.X MSQ quests were -filled- with fetch/be someone's bitch type of quests. I know a lot of people were bored and annoyed by it, some of the quests didn't have much substance to it either. To me, it felt like the 3.1 MSQ didn't have... well, filler.

RE: [Spoilers] 3.1 MSQ and Others Discussions - Stormwind - 11-12-2015

(11-12-2015, 04:36 PM)Kage Wrote: Something I realized though about the length of the MSQ.

Previous 2.X MSQ quests were -filled- with fetch/be someone's bitch type of quests. I know a lot of people were bored and annoyed by it, some of the quests didn't have much substance to it either. To me, it felt like the 3.1 MSQ didn't have... well, filler.
I really appreciated the lack of filler quests in the MSQ. I dislike them in general but with Fallout 4 waiting, I really didn't want to end up running back and forth just for "story" padding.

RE: [Spoilers] 3.1 MSQ and Others Discussions - LiadansWhisper - 11-12-2015

(11-12-2015, 10:46 AM)GhostlyMaiden Wrote: My only real issue with the patch is, "The Warriors of Darkness".
1) They sound and look really edgy
2) I feel like they were pushed into the patch, like they were just there because the Devs. wanted them to be.
2.1) Don't tell me it was because of Ravana, because we could've taken care of that easily!

I do hope they they do more with them to make actually (lack for a better term) 'like' them.

The Warriors of Darkness are in the MSQ because it was time for them to be in the MSQ. Of course we're left with more questions than answers - they're baiting us for the next patch.

Quote:Also; What is the deal with Urianger? I've been sitting here looking back at the 2 or 3 cutscenes that Urianger was talking with the Asican. I have been unable to figure out what is going on. Maybe he is working with them in hopes to use something against them?

That's a good question. I'm not sure if he's working with them, or if he's simply listening to the proposal that the white-robed Ascian has for him.

Quote:Also during that cutscene, was that the boot of Alisaie?

Given that Alphinaud's outfit has completely changed in Heavensward, and he's with the Warrior of Light, it's almost certainly Alisaie.

Urianger strikes me as the "wait and see" type. I am quite interested in what's at work here, and well can't work with much else but to speculate. Urianger's looking at this tome (I don't recall its significance but it seemed like it was trying to state that he had or we had heard of it before) that he's being told, "This is the real deal here. Not those other tomes, this one."

And I have to wonder, what if there is something to that?

Hydaelyn is getting weaker. Her Crystals of Light are evidence of this. What if part of this balance spiel is for that too? Why would the -now- Warriors of Darkness go with this? They too fought with Ascians. What changed their minds?

Also, did anyone else catch that look on Emme...whateverthehellhisnameis...on his face at the end of the last scene?

RE: [Spoilers] 3.1 MSQ and Others Discussions - Zelmanov - 11-12-2015

Emmellain and Artoirel are tossing some mad shade about in the cutscenes.

But in that final one I thought that was just him not paying attention one bit, he is not someone with goals and motivation, he just wants to romance girls.

RE: [Spoilers] 3.1 MSQ and Others Discussions - Alderique - 11-12-2015

(11-12-2015, 06:32 PM)Zelmanov Wrote: Emmellain and Artoirel are tossing some mad shade about in the cutscenes.

But in that final one I thought that was just him not paying attention one bit, he is not someone with goals and motivation, he just wants to romance girls.

There's potential for him to cause some trouble, but it could also just be him being lazy and not wanting to do anything as usual.

With Artoirel having doubts about whether or not they should even be a high house given the nation's, maybe Emmanellain wouldn't want to give up their way of life and may end up supporting rebels.

Is it possible that Emmannellian has different thoughts about how the House should be compared to Artoirel. Artoirel strikes me as a dutibound type, more like Haucherfant than Emmannellian. Perhaps Emmannellian is worried about his place in the house now that his father is stepping down.

Well, the other thing that occurred to me is that there's a long, LONG history of younger sons coveting the power and prestige of the older son. In fiction (and sometimes in History), they tend not to fully grasp or understand the responsibility that comes with the position of power, and see only the power itself and the prestige it nets them.

It wouldn't be the first time a younger son turned traitor, tired of being in the shadow of an older sibling. >.>

(11-12-2015, 08:02 PM)LiadansWhisper Wrote: Well, the other thing that occurred to me is that there's a long, LONG history of younger sons coveting the power and prestige of the older son.  In fiction (and sometimes in History), they tend not to fully grasp or understand the responsibility that comes with the position of power, and see only the power itself and the prestige it nets them.

It wouldn't be the first time a younger son turned traitor, tired of being in the shadow of an older sibling.  >.>
That's occurred to me as well.

RE: [Spoilers] 3.1 MSQ and Others Discussions - Shoshopu - 11-12-2015

I know I'm a bit late to the topic but re: the blessing and the echo???

It seems to me that you can't have the Blessing without having the Echo, but you can have just the Echo without the Blessing. That was always my assumption and I don't see why Alphinaud's reaction to Krile's revelation changes things? Perhaps it'd make more sense for him to be surprised that she has the same Blessing the player presumably has instead of being surprised that she just has the Echo, but eh? Weird writing? I'm still thinking they definitely aren't the same thing, though.

Also maybe "Hydaelyn's blessing" could be a colloquial term for the Echo (as it is granted by Hydaelyn and is generally benevolent, so, a blessing, in a general sense), but is a different from being a literal Warrior of Light. Perhaps the characters themselves haven't realized the difference (or come up for an alternative term for it)?

I like the note that no two manifestations of the Echo are the same, though. Even though I think that was the general understanding of it for a lot of people that really supports the way lots of folks in my FC have been RPing around the Echo. There are more ways to have the Echo than just understanding soul-whispers or having visions, even if we haven't seen them all.

RE: [Spoilers] 3.1 MSQ and Others Discussions - Ignacius - 11-13-2015

Just wanted to posit here that the Ascians have stated pretty explicitly that they're using the power of the Echo, but they are not evidently possessed of the Blessing of Light.  So they must be two different things.

Also, when you're divested of the Blessing of Light and regaining it, you still seem to be able to see the past all Echo-like.  So they're definitely not the same thing.

It could be that you need a blessing of something to make the Echo work and those beings that can use it without the Blessing of Light are getting a blessing from something else.

RE: [Spoilers] 3.1 MSQ and Others Discussions - Cynel1 - 11-13-2015

Im starting to have another theory that the Warriors of Darkness were from a Alternate Universe.

RE: [Spoilers] 3.1 MSQ and Others Discussions - Aaron - 11-16-2015

After looking for no reason i found something that may interest those who believe/disbelieve that aether plays a part in being able to kick pillars or anime jump.

From Thancreds updated wiki

Y'shtola later confides to the Warrior of Light that she suspects the reason Thancred did not originally attempt to teleport out of Dravania was due to a side-effect of the Lifestream distorting his aether to the point of unable to use any form of magick, including teleportation.

Seems some Eorzeans are naturally capable of superhuman feats seeing as how it doesn't look like Thancred was using any aether vs the WoD nor Rabaughn againy Ilbred

RE: [Spoilers] 3.1 MSQ and Others Discussions - FreelanceWizard - 11-16-2015

(11-13-2015, 12:21 AM)Ignacius Wrote: Just wanted to posit here that the Ascians have stated pretty explicitly that they're using the power of the Echo, but they are not evidently possessed of the Blessing of Light.  So they must be two different things.

Also, when you're divested of the Blessing of Light and regaining it, you still seem to be able to see the past all Echo-like.  So they're definitely not the same thing.

It could be that you need a blessing of something to make the Echo work and those beings that can use it without the Blessing of Light are getting a blessing from something else.

Personally, I think this falls under the "unreliable narration" rule that Fernehalwes has brought out. It's clear neither the Scions nor the Students of Baldesion actually know what the Echo is, and they usually conflate it with the Blessing of Light. Personally, I feel that the Echo is probably a prerequisite for the Blessing of Light (or the Blessing of Darkness?), but more importantly, I think it's fair to say that Krile is speaking based on her knowledge, which isn't 100% accurate based on the Ascians' use of the Echo.