Hydaelyn Role-Players
WoW Talk (Oh no...not this again) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: WoW Talk (Oh no...not this again) (/showthread.php?tid=14395)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: WoW Talk (Oh no...not this again) - Virella - 11-26-2015

(11-26-2015, 08:07 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: How many NPCs are going to succumb to CORRUPTION in this expansion?
OLD GODS DID IT

RE: WoW Talk (Oh no...not this again) - Teadrinker - 11-26-2015

(11-26-2015, 08:08 PM)Virella Wrote:
(11-26-2015, 08:07 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: How many NPCs are going to succumb to CORRUPTION in this expansion?
OLD GODS DID IT

Only Dragon wang can purify Jaina now gusy.

RE: WoW Talk (Oh no...not this again) - Oli! - 11-26-2015

Blizzard used to have okay (if somewhat convoluted) storytelling back from WC-1 up to WoW Vanilla.

Then for some reason they decided to throw most of what they had out the window in  Burning Crusade.

Yes I'm still bitter about the Draenei retcon, shut up.

Still, I maintain that WotLK had some of the best story content of the game.

RE: WoW Talk (Oh no...not this again) - Virella - 11-26-2015

(11-26-2015, 08:10 PM)Teadrinker Wrote:
OLD GODS DID IT

Urgh don't even get me going on that relationship. My Kirin Tor dropped the ball IC when she found out, and started to do her own shit. I'm glad she appears to be gone next expansion

RE: WoW Talk (Oh no...not this again) - Oli! - 11-26-2015

(11-26-2015, 08:33 PM)Virella Wrote:
(11-26-2015, 08:10 PM)Teadrinker Wrote:
OLD GODS DID IT

Urgh don't even get me going on that relationship. My Kirin Tor dropped the ball IC when she found out, and started to do her own shit. I'm glad she appears to be gone next expansion

shhhhh

i'm trying to think here

RE: WoW Talk (Oh no...not this again) - Fancy Pants - 11-27-2015

When SWG died and I faded away from TOR after a year or so, I did try WoW for a little while. I played a basic warrior to see how it all felt to me and I was a worgen. The game missed a lot of points with me on a personal level in its character creation as everyone is literally just a bulging rage freak with the proportions of a damn fridge. In fact everyone is disproportionate! The story and lore behind the series is interesting at some points, but the greatest strength of WoW is also its greatest weakness - I feel. Everyone knows about it and everyone plays it and every server is flooded. It's like plunging head first into a deep snack bowl of trail mix at a low end bar. The community, at least on Moonguard and maybe Wyrmrest Accord, isn't the greatest and more often than not I just want to back as far away from it as I possibly can.

I did like the mounts though, but I hated that we couldn't cusotmize them or that we couldn't diversify at all if we wanted high end mounts ie have the stats of one mount and the skin of another, choose sadles and all that other stuff. Seriously with some of the races those mounts are like choosing a second extension of yourself. The world certainly feels big and it does gradually evolve, but yeah. It's not gonna save it for me. Aerial mounts/combat are a cool idea.

As far as races go I'd say my favorites are - Tauren, Worgen, Orcs and Forsaken in that general order. And I loved that we could actually sit on couches, chairs and all that. Seriously why have MMORPG's moved away from dynamic environments like that?

My stay in that game was very brief, but I did enjoy it for what it was worth. Don't think I'd go back though - community is important and the char creator is pretty abysmal for WoW.

RE: WoW Talk (Oh no...not this again) - Parth Makeo - 11-27-2015

(11-27-2015, 12:26 AM)Fancy Pants Wrote: When SWG died and I faded away from TOR after a year or so, I did try WoW for a little while. I played a basic warrior to see how it all felt to me and I was a worgen. The game missed a lot of points with me on a personal level in its character creation as everyone is literally just a bulging rage freak with the proportions of a damn fridge. In fact everyone is disproportionate! The story and lore behind the series is interesting at some points, but the greatest strength of WoW is also its greatest weakness - I feel. Everyone knows about it and everyone plays it and every server is flooded. It's like plunging head first into a deep snack bowl of trail mix at a low end bar. The community, at least on Moonguard and maybe Wyrmrest Accord, isn't the greatest and more often than not I just want to back as far away from it as I possibly can.

I did like the mounts though, but I hated that we couldn't cusotmize them or that we couldn't diversify at all if we wanted high end mounts ie have the stats of one mount and the skin of another, choose sadles and all that other stuff. Seriously with some of the races those mounts are like choosing a second extension of yourself. The world certainly feels big and it does gradually evolve, but yeah. It's not gonna save it for me. Aerial mounts/combat are a cool idea.

As far as races go I'd say my favorites are - Tauren, Worgen, Orcs and Forsaken in that general order. And I loved that we could actually sit on couches, chairs and all that. Seriously why have MMORPG's moved away from dynamic environments like that?

My stay in that game was very brief, but I did enjoy it for what it was worth. Don't think I'd go back though - community is important and the char creator is pretty abysmal for WoW.
Funny story about Community...
This is long so...making spoiler to hide it.
Show Content

RE: WoW Talk (Oh no...not this again) - Oli! - 11-27-2015

Did you explicitly state it wasn't the Dragonwrath?

Because if not, that may have been the problem.

RE: WoW Talk (Oh no...not this again) - Fancy Pants - 11-27-2015

(11-27-2015, 01:05 AM)Parth Makeo Wrote: This is long so...making spoiler to hide it.
Show Content

Your story is very common sadly. I've heard almost that same story more times than I can count and it's a sad state of affairs. But funny thing about WoW is there's a way that you can tell if a player is truly rping a dragon. They tell you they are. Seriously a bunch of rpers there will scream to the heavens that they are a dragon in disguise and all this other stuff. It's kinda funny even if I wonder if they did their research on the material Tongue. But Im generally a good sport if it's done well or in an interesting way. I love dragons myself and the idea of being somewhat connected to them. It's why I thought the dragoon class in FF 11 was awesome because of their little dragon/wyvern pet. I'd love to play as a race or a class that also carries the dragon concept further than that though like the Drakkin race from EQ2, or a class that sort of has you drink dragon blood or partner with a dragon for power. Maybe one day.

But back to the topic of WoW - it's not worth 15 bucks an hour sadly. I really am trying to think of something positive to say about Wow that I haven't stated already, but all I can think is Goldshire *shudders*. Buuuut WoW did give me this and Im happy about this. Big Grin

EDIT: OOO! Another positive - their beast races actually leaned more toward the beast than humanoid which I really liked and felt was a breath of fresh air. It's also why I love the charr in GW2. Mount? I AM MY OWN MOUNT! *gets on all fours and runs*

[youtube]1waVSu4adDM[/youtube]

RE: WoW Talk (Oh no...not this again) - LiadansWhisper - 11-27-2015

(11-27-2015, 01:25 AM)Oli! Wrote: Did you explicitly state it wasn't the Dragonwrath?

She was on Wyrmrest Accord. It wouldn't have mattered.

RE: WoW Talk (Oh no...not this again) - Oli! - 11-27-2015

(11-27-2015, 01:32 AM)LiadansWhisper Wrote:
(11-27-2015, 01:25 AM)Oli! Wrote: Did you explicitly state it wasn't the Dragonwrath?

She was on Wyrmrest Accord.  It wouldn't have mattered.

I never had a problem on WRA personally, which is why I asked.

I've seen some weird shit, though.

RE: WoW Talk (Oh no...not this again) - Gabineaux - 11-27-2015

Well. Shadow priest relic I mean, legendary? I mean, what the fuck are they calling it? What ever, it's a dagger. Nope. The holy weapon looks neat. Disc weapon meh.

What else do I have. A ret paladin. Maybe? Never liked ashbringer that much.

I recently poked my head in the door and saw that I have to grind three new reputations to be able to fly in draenor. Nope. Nah. Nooooo. That game destroyed daily quests for me. After the hyjal grind I look at beast tribe dailies on this game and just shake my head and back away. (I do like the mushroom chair but was it worth it?)

All I know is, I'll be poking around for Legion to see what's what. I heard they're stealing taking some suggestions from other MMOs. Such as, wardrobe from guildwars 2, relic weapons from FF, level syncing in zones so you can level anywhere, etc etc.

I don't know what I'll do with all my free bag/bank/voidbank space.

The one thing. ONE THING I like about WoW over this game is the lack of a global cooldown. As a healer, that goddamn global cooldown just makes me want to strangle a dolphin sometimes. I log onto WoW and heal something and go holy shit what is going on I press a button and the thing happens? I still haven't gotten over it. I press my buttons while playing FF like if I press them faster the GCD will fuck off. It never does. My wrists hurt.

RE: WoW Talk (Oh no...not this again) - Virella - 11-27-2015

(11-27-2015, 01:31 AM)Fancy Pants Wrote:
(11-27-2015, 01:05 AM)Parth Makeo Wrote: This is long so...making spoiler to hide it.
Show Content

Your story is very common sadly. I've heard almost that same story more times than I can count and it's a sad state of affairs. But funny thing about WoW is there's a way that you can tell if a player is truly rping a dragon. They tell you they are. Seriously a bunch of rpers there will scream to the heavens that they are a dragon in disguise and all this other stuff. It's kinda funny even if I wonder if they did their research on the material Tongue. But Im generally a good sport if it's done well or in an interesting way. I love dragons myself and the idea of being somewhat connected to them. It's why I thought the dragoon class in FF 11 was awesome because of their little dragon/wyvern pet. I'd love to play as a race or a class that also carries the dragon concept further than that though like the Drakkin race from EQ2, or a class that sort of has you drink dragon blood or partner with a dragon for power. Maybe one day.

But back to the topic of WoW - it's not worth 15 bucks an hour sadly. I really am trying to think of something positive to say about Wow that I haven't stated already, but all I can think is Goldshire *shudders*. Buuuut WoW did give me this and Im happy about this. Big Grin

EDIT: OOO! Another positive - their beast races actually leaned more toward the beast than humanoid which I really liked and felt was a breath of fresh air. It's also why I love the charr in GW2. Mount? I AM MY OWN MOUNT! *gets on all fours and runs*

[youtube]1waVSu4adDM[/youtube]
Bro, we have dragon people. They just happen to be cursed, snobby, catholic elves and not bestial looking peeps.

Did you even Heavenswards????????

RE: WoW Talk (Oh no...not this again) - -no longer matters- - 11-27-2015

I agree the Beastial Races in WoW are so much better than 14's Cosplayer Beast people.

RE: WoW Talk (Oh no...not this again) - allgivenover - 11-27-2015

(11-27-2015, 04:15 AM)Isse Takayama Wrote: The one thing. ONE THING I like about WoW over this game is the lack of a global cooldown. As a healer, that goddamn global cooldown just makes me want to strangle a dolphin sometimes. I log onto WoW and heal something and go holy shit what is going on I press a button and the thing happens? I still haven't gotten over it. I press my buttons while playing FF like if I press them faster the GCD will fuck off. It never does. My wrists hurt.

Having to think a few moments ahead rather than spam buttons to keep people alive can be a little inconvenient I guess.