Hydaelyn Role-Players
You might know me from... - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Character Workshop (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Thread: You might know me from... (/showthread.php?tid=3039)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: You might know me from... - Poe - 08-04-2013

You might know Poe from...
  • (A few years ago was) often seen with her mother Sula as she accompanied her on her trade routes.
  • (A few years ago) was often found at her family's home, working the gardens full of medicinal green her family used in trade.
  • Down at the docks in Limsa Lominsa, smoking cigars and green with sailors, listening to their tales and fishing.
  • Harvesting in the woods of the Black Shroud.
  • Occasional stops in inns and taverns throughout the trade routes.
  • Conversing with those of the Silver Anvil
  • Rarely caught 'people' watching and sketching (she tries her best to be a wallflower at times such as these Bouncy )

RE: You might know me from... - Flamel Eldgamel - 08-04-2013

You might know Flamel Eldgamel from:
  • Limsa Lominsa, particularly the docks.
That's basically it. He was born and raised in Limsa, and never really traveled, except to the outlying areas of La Noscea. Post calamity I suppose you may know him from the Thaumaturge's guild.

RE: You might know me from... - Dubs - 08-05-2013

You might know B'jaern from:

Gridania
  • Marketplace - courier and resident bane of price gougers
  • Archers Guild - he checks in now and again to instruct White Wolves recruits the way of the bow and proper fletching
  • Produce Stand- his family runs one near the marketplace- well known spiced cider
  • Chocobo Stables - an avid racer and future breederChocobo
  • Prankster - if you have a pack of opo-opos obsessed with dry humping your leg, you might know him
  • White Wolves - youth militia recruits will have affiliation 
  • Local taverns - known to throw some mean dice
  • God's Quiver - the new kid
  • Shrines to Nophica - frequents and leaves offerings
  • Notice Boards - sometimes posts bounties for pelts
  • Moogle Lore extraordinaire- sometimes it's just better to observe
  • Candy kiosks - licorice hoarder / addict

RE: You might know me from... - DreamedReality - 08-05-2013

Starting about three years ago. When he was a wandering drunkard from the outskirts of the Shroud. Perhaps you gambled with him. Gave him a handout. Had a drunken brawl with him. Or perhaps you taunted him and scorned him. Or simply tried your best to ignore him.

Very recently, you might have seen him in Ul'dah. He seems to have cleaned himself up and has not been begging or drunk as far as anyone has seen, if one recognizes him from the Black Shroud region.

Rumor has it that he's joined the adventurer's guild. And he's been seen around the pugilists guild.

RE: You might know me from... - John Spiegel - 08-05-2013

John Spiegel - He's a seasoned adventurer with countless stories about his deeds (good and bad). Depending where/when you've met him, you might think he's a good guy or a bad guy. Like, there's times he's rampaging against a bunch of unarmed people and gets covered in guts and blood (turns out, OMG, they're god damn monks!) Or other times he's drinking milk at a bar. (omg, tuff guy!) He doesn't care about ranks (he'd tell someone to blow their rank out of their ass if they used that as some sort of entitlement badge) or names, hell, he rarely ever uses his full birthname, let alone gives anything past "JJ" because he likes that shortness of it (or something).

1527 - (age 12) - JJ's parents died when he was 2. JJ was at an Ala Mhigo military orphanage thing. JJ killed a mean dude in Ala Mhigo that brutally beat someone JJ cared for and got the hell out of Dodge.

1530 - 1545 (15-30) - JJ gained a name for himself as an adventurer and fighter, though you would get mixed signals. Age 16 he burned his scalp leading to him being bald. Age 23 he lost his right eye. So he's ~6'6", bald, eyepatched and carries either a greatsword/scythe or both at times in solid darksteel armor.

1545 - 1557 (30-42) - JJ kind of dropped off the map or at least didn't go slay dragons and crap for a couple years (wanted to raise kids in a non-single-parent home) JJ and family work as smugglers and live some ways out of Ala Mhigo, getting people that were being killed for their beliefs out of the nation when King Theodorac came into power (1552). When the Garleans came through, JJ his wife and a couple monks fought them off to buy everyone else time to escape.

1557 - 1572 (42-54) - JJ returns to full-time adventuring. His children are adults, his wife was killed, his home (second time his life got dropkicked majorly). He just got up, dusted himself off and went onward to new adventures.

1572 - JJ was at Bahamut's Big Birthday Hissy Fit. He fought as a freelance fighter, refusing to fly any of the defending nations' sigils or even his fallen homeland. Got timewarped.

RE: You might know me from... - Flynn Rosenberg - 08-14-2013

You might know Flynn from..

- The poor streets of Ul'dah. Growing up there wasn't easy after the Empire invaded his place of birth, Ala Mhigo.

- The shop keepers. Flynn's helped out in the markets for years to earn a living.

- The Brass Blades. He joined them for a short while but left after a mission went wrong. They'll likely tell you they fired him, but that's not what happened.

- Prison. Oh he's been there a few times, making a scene were the guards cause trouble for the poor.

RE: You might know me from... - T'salmaveth - 08-14-2013

You might know T'sal from:
  • The Arcanist Guild
  • The Mizzenmast Inn, studying and brooding
  • The Limsa Lominsa docks, helping out and inspecting shipments
  • Very rare chance encounter outside of Limsa Lominsa when he's out running or playing his flute
  • Word of mouth from Rugged Path's(deceased adopted father) friends/contacts
  • Word of mouth from merchants in Ul'dah and Gridania where he discreetly orders rare and hard-to-find books of history and is known to pay very well for them

RE: You might know me from... - Gossamer - 08-15-2013

You might know N'klas Tia from:

Pre-Calamity
  • (Up to age 11) In various city-states, accompanied by his mother who was an adventurer/treasure hunter/archaeologist
  • (Age 11) A settlement of the N tribe a few days from Limsa Lominsa in the months before the Calamity. This tribe was scattered by the Calamity.

Post-Calamity
  • (Age 11 - 16) On the streets of Limsa Lominsa, with a pack of other orphaned children. Might have attempted to steal from you.

RE: You might know me from... - Demon Fox - 08-15-2013

You may know Garret from

-Watering holes within Ul'dah.
-If you were ever on the lookout for a personal bodyguard, his name may have been dropped.
-if you ever shopped at the now closed down "Siege Weapons" Blacksmiths.
-If you ever watched, or fought in underground fighting rings.
- just spotted on the streets of Ul'Dah.

RE: You might know me from... - Annaveil - 08-15-2013

What a cool idea!

You might know Eve from...
  • Anywhere in/around Ul'dah.
  • If you're eyeing a posted bounty with intent on going out after it, she might propose a partnership. (This is her main form of finding work, so if you'd like to say we did do a job together at one time then that's fine!)
  • Once in a while she'll pop down to Limsa Lominsa, but the last time she went was before the Calamity.
  • She studied briefly at Gridania and sometimes revisits to check in on friends.

RE: You might know me from... - Ryanti - 08-15-2013

You just might know Ryanti from...
  • Ul'Dah. Mostly the rich sectors, like the Royal section. He is known to engage in social discussions near the fountain of the Alchemist's Guild. He has also ventured around the outside of the city, a few times, notably more often after the calamity.

You just might know Lorenthian (Ryanti's father) from...
  • Limsa Lominsa and Costa Del Sol. He is known to make frequent trips to this locations because he has a vacation home in Mist. He has also throughly ventured around La Noscea during his youthful years, growing a liking to the landscape and was also responsible at a very young age of sparing Keisuna's life there.
  • Ul'Dah. Pretty much everywhere. He is known as a very respected Immortal Flame, holding a high ranking position in the military before semi-retiring. If your character has any knowledge of military inquiries, you have probably heard of him.

RE: You might know me from... - Faustina - 08-16-2013

Love this idea!

You might know Faustina from:

1) Arcanist guild -- even before joining she could often be found here perusing their books
2) On the hills above Limsa Lominsa -- she likes to people watch from there, and reads from there as well
3) Chocobo Stables of Limsa Lominsa -- Most of her free time is spent around the stables, peppering the big birds with love and treats
4) West Hawker Alley in Limsa Lominsa -- Her mother runs a small stall there, selling enchanted trinkets and jewelry; Faustina has helped her out in the past before joining the adventurer's guild
5) Limsa Lominsa docks -- visiting her father, who is a pirate-turned-privateer

RE: You might know me from... - CrimsonMars - 08-16-2013

You might know Chiyo from...

1. The deserts of Thanalan, primary: Rather than having a permanent resident, Chiyo can sometimes be spotted training and hunting in random areas, or even fighting. She would also stay at an inn or campsite, or take shelter at a small camp.
  2. The Pugilist guild: IC, she is primary a martial artist, so it is another one of her trainning hotspots. It's possible that you might have sparred with her once...
  3. Various restaurants, picnics and bars: She tends to spend a good bit of her money on food and drinks, especially if she's hungry, and it takes a while for her to get satisfied. She actually gotten kicked out a few times...
  4. Bathing in a hot spring, waterfall or lake: One of the things she does when relaxing. This is how she discovered her bisexuality... Blush
  5. Her childhood, but usually briefly.   

You might know Sinette from...

1. Garlemald: Her old home.
  2. At a library or book store: She likes to read.

RE: You might know me from... - Fates Skein - 08-16-2013

Yay so many people!
Your character might know C'Rhisi from:
  • One of the bars in Ul'dah, where she's danced and tended bar for the last 2 years or so.  She has worked in several of the bars/dance halls in Ul'dah and currently does a 'circuit' every few weeks.
  • The coliseum- she enjoys going and watching matches.
  • Gridania- about 2 years ago, C'Rhisi spent a fair amount of time in Gridania, learning about the elementals native to the Black Shroud and studying with the Archer's school.
  • C'Rhisi goes -anywhere- there are stories being told.  She loves listening to old drunks (or young drunks!), veterans, bards, whatever.  She'll follow a song or a story across town the smell of good baking!

RE: You might know me from... - Tahzn Lhethi - 08-18-2013

You might know K'tahzn from:

• Limsa Lominsa, smashing away at metal bars with a hammer, and generally assisting the guild there.
  • Sparring with dummies outside the gates of Ul'Dah to the point of near collapsing.
  • The Coffer and Coffin inn. Frequently hauling meat inside in exchange for money.
  • Pre-Calamity: Causing a slight problem with her tribal elders over her inability to bear child.
  • Throwing her guts up after a few drinks, most likely in an Ul'Dah alleyway. She's a bit of a lightweight.
  • Costa Del Sol. In full plate armor. Training.