Hydaelyn Role-Players
A Coast in the Desert (Finished) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: A Coast in the Desert (Finished) (/showthread.php?tid=3457)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: A Coast in the Desert (Open to all!) - doctorgalactic - 08-16-2013

As Kayle rushed to meet Desmond at the central tent, his blood ran cold as the tent flap opened and the axe came crashing down.  Desmond came to his knees and the Roegadyn raised his weapon once again.  With a vigor he had not previously known, he sprinted the remaining few yalms with his arms outstretched.  

"NO!"

Kayle's scream sent a small shockwave of blinding amber light around him, illuminating the opening of the tent and blinding the large Roegadyn.  He crashed into Desmond and they both tumbled to the side.  "Find the girl, I'll draw his attention!"  He side stepped back into the ground outside the tent as the Sea Wolf came charging out, eyes red with anger.  Kayle brought his small blade up to meet the large axe and sparks flew around them.  Another swing knocked the weapon loose from his grasp and the beast in front of him continued the assault.  Kayle put both hands behind his small targe to support himself against the weight of the man's weapon, but he wasn't sure how long he could hold.  His arms were burning and weak from the rampage, and his legs began to buckle under the the weight of the blows.  Just a little longer he thought, just until they're safe...

RE: A Coast in the Desert (Open to all!) - Rue - 08-16-2013

-Was circling back down from the ridge when the light emitted from Kayle. She covered her eyes and shook her head seeing him running. Her ears tilted forward as their were just out of reach to cast any spells. She felt an odd ting as she darted forward, was this what it was to worry about others well being. 

Her ears fell back as she leaped over bodies and ran towards Desmond and Kayle. She moved swiftly between fallen tents and over dead fire pits. She stopped to Desmond first knowing his arm could possibly been broken from the hit. Her breath pulled at her chest as she looked him over, her fingers touching his upper arm and light spiraled down along it. Her right eye glinted as she cast the minor healing spell.

"Hurry, it'll only hold for the moment. I'll have to patch it up better later."

She spook swiftly as she looked up at Kayle, remembering he had taken a hit earlier. She felt the drain on herself from loss of mana. Even though minor the spell for Desmond was great toll, there was no way she could pull of any large spell. And with the loss of breath didn't help either. She hoped the spell on Desmond would allow some hold on it for minor use without harming himself further. She would help him to his feet, before turning towards Kayle and the large Roegadyn.

It was the last of her mana energy, she focused and the light around her glimmered, she thrusted her hand out before her the light spilling from her fingers and vanishing. Then reappearing right before Kayle, sinking into his chest. He'd fell a bit more energized and the pain from his wound would have ceased and partial healed. She nearly crumpled but forced herself to stay standing. She'd follow Desmond lead after the spell. She closed her right eye sharply covering it with her hand.-

RE: A Coast in the Desert (Open to all!) - Desmond Aryll - 08-16-2013

As his eyes closed, he was knocked sideways, the numbness in his arm was replaced with blinding, white pain that made him gasp between his gritted teeth. Once he was able to focus his eyes he saw a smaller figure standing before the Roegaedyn.

"Delwyn?" he croaked. He tried to rise but his arm reminded him immediately of his condition. Looking down, he concentrated on flexing his fingers but they wouldn't move. He was sure it was broken.

He struggled to his knees anyway. If Delwyn would die because of his mistake then he would too.

He felt fingers touch his left arm. It sent pain washing over him again but only for a moment before warmth sprouted from the spot of the injury. It was the female Miqo'te. Desmond looked at her face, she was saying words under her breath and her eye was glowing like before. The pain was still there but it wasn't incapacitating now. He could feel his fingers again. 

'Thank the Tweve she wandered into our company.'

Then she looked up towards Delwyn. her eye shined brighter and her outstretched hand lit up with the same energy. The beleagered looking Delwyn's chest glowed white for a moment. He seemed to straighten a little bit but it was still a one sided fight. He had no sword and only his targe to fend off the giant. 

He had to help. He weapon was nowhere to be found. he looked around for something to use.

RE: A Coast in the Desert (Open to all!) - S'demyx Tia - 08-16-2013

"Desmond!" He cried out, he wiped his mouth, smearing blood across his face as he stood. He stumbled up, quickly running towards his weapon in the corpse aside him.

With several hard tugs he managed to free his weapon. Though he was sure if he ran towards them to use against the giant, he'd be too late. With quick thinking, he once more flung his axe towards the Hyur, and it spun in the air towards him.

'Azeyma don't let it hit him!'.

The axe sufficiently landed a few feet to the left of the red-eyed man. "Hurry!" He shouted, moving with haste to grab the spear that laid several yards behind him. Praying to Azeyma all the while that they would survive.

RE: A Coast in the Desert (Open to all!) - Desmond Aryll - 08-16-2013

S'demyx' axe flipped end over end and landed in the dirt a few feet away. Desmond flexed his hands. The left was still weak. No matter, he would use it one handed. He picked it up ran strode over to help.

Delwyn's targe was coming apart. He could see it was in two pieces already as the axe went up and over the Roegaedyn's head. Desmond flanked the giant as just as the enemy raised the axe to it's maximum height, he swung his own axe horizontally with all the strength he could manage with one arm.

"Eeyaaargh!" he cried as he brought the ax around and planted it it the Roegaedyn's side. 

The Bandit dropped his axe. It clattered to the dirt behind him. Putting one hand on the axe coming out of his midsection, he turned to face his attacker. Desmond let go of the handle and stared up at the him.

There was a moment of stillness before the Roegaedyn put his hands around Desmond's throat, picking him up, clear off the ground.

RE: A Coast in the Desert (Open to all!) - Gideon Aryeh - 08-16-2013

-Thwip!-

Amaare let loose with one of his arrows right into the head of the assailant who was lifting the man he was now allies with off the ground.

Looking at Braxas with a wry grin a puff of his pipe and a smile he says to the Couerl

"You know I forgot his name already -Thwip-...crap. Hope he don get too mad at us ey girlie? -Thwip- .Not pretty enough to remember his name, yeah that's my e -Thwip- xcuse."

He proceeded to take another shot and hit the man right in the rear and took a few more shots to hit other bandits in various places. The face, eye, oh look that one he hit.....yeah the screams alone would make it apparent.

RE: A Coast in the Desert (Open to all!) - doctorgalactic - 08-16-2013

Kayle saw the highlander's arrows connect and took the opportunity to move it.  Using the last of his strength, he slammed the remains of his shield against the Roegadyn's skull, causing him to stumble and lose his grip on the struggling Desmond.  Collapsing in from of the large thug, he turns and screams to the tribal "Here's our chance, S'Demyx!  Take him down!"

RE: A Coast in the Desert (Open to all!) - S'demyx Tia - 08-16-2013

With the long spear now in hand, he faced the now staggered Roegadyn. He flipped the long weapon and held it fist forward, running with as much speed as he could gather within his powerful Miqo'te legs. 

At Delwyn's command, he urged himself as close a proximity as he possibly could within reason to use his weapon. He wasn't used to wielding such a tool, but he could recall well enough how to use it when necessary - and now was indeed necessary.

He stepped on a fallen corpse to give him levy, and used the remainder of his stamina to leap forward. He place both hands on the javelin and, with all his might, sent the sharp end of it piercing into the giant's neck. Right into the soft spot where his collarbones connected. 

His grip was tight upon the spear as they both toppled hard into the sand, S'demyx standing atop his stomach and hunched over. Still holding onto the weapon with all his might, digging it forward yet into the enemy's throat.

A gurgling sound was heard as the Roegadyn attempted to breath in for air, his lungs flooding with blood. The metallic lifeforce spraying across everyone near enough. It's hands reached forward, attempting to grasp for the barbarian, before slowly relaxing and falling back to either sides of his head. Fingers twitched every moment or so, but no other movements were made.

S'demyx panted heavily, sweat pouring from his brow as he allowed himself to release his hard grip. He stood, still trying to catch his breath, and glanced between all his teammates.

"Did... did we... *pant* did we do it?" 

Finally his eyes fell to Desmond, and a flash of worry crossed his face. He hid it instantly, but still feared the worst for his comrade. "Female! Tend to him!" He commanded, still exhausted himself before glancing up at Delwyn, a look of uncertainty on his face.

RE: A Coast in the Desert (Open to all!) - Rue - 08-16-2013

-She felt useless against in the fight so weak from all the spells, then it hit her. She had that nasty ether. She pulled out the bright yellow vile and chuged the contents down, it made her tail spazz out and the fur prickled along it as she made a disgusted face. She tossed the vile aside as she felt the liquid course through her veins, but she gasped seeing Desmond lifted to his neck. As soon as he hit the ground she dashed over to him.

"Sir? C-can you hear me?"

She noted that only knew a few of their named from other introductions. Never personally. Swiftly her face lowering to his chest as her right ear lifted to listen for his breath and heart beat. Her cheek rested very lightly on his chest. Her eyes looked up inspecting his neck. She would listen closely, ready to act if he wasn't breathing. Hoping his neck wasn't to harmed in the fight. She couldn't heal if she didn't know what was wrong, her feared any pain relief spell would only effect his breathing further so she had to wait.-

RE: A Coast in the Desert (Open to all!) - Desmond Aryll - 08-18-2013

It was morning, the sun was coming in through the shear curtains, the wind pushing them about lazily. The bed was soft but there were no sheets. During the summer it seldom got so cold at night that sheets were necessary at all.

Without opening his eyes, he knew where he was, the feel of the pillow underneath his head, the mellow aroma of teas mixing with the smokiness of burning wood in the kitchen. He could hear the servants going about the business of getting the house in order for another day.

He would get up and venture down the hall, across the courtyard to his mother's room. There he would find her, weaving while she sang under her breath or still in bed herself. If it was the latter, he would jump in bed with her and she would hold him and call him my little prince. 

Everything was right.

Desmond wanted to keep his eyes closed. Everything was right just as it was, right at this moment. There was no need to open them. 

But somebody was shaking him, their hands had him by both shoulders and they were insistent.

He fought them. He fought the urge to open his eyes. To wake up. He didn't need to open his eyes, everything was alright as it was.

'No' 

They kept shaking him and they were calling his name. Why did they know his name? They shouldn't know that. It made things hard.

He couldn't feel his pillow anymore or smell the tea. He wasn't in his room. He wasn't going to see his mother. That was over and this wasn't real.

His head swam as he opened his eyes, bitter reality coming back. Under him was hard-packed earth. The smell of death and things burning filled his nostrils. His arm ached dully below the elbow. 

Above him faces hovered, looking at him.

"What... did we.. were we successful?"

RE: A Coast in the Desert (Open to all!) - doctorgalactic - 08-19-2013

Kayle extended his good arm, greeting his groggy comrade.  "That's one way to put it, aye" he said with a pained grin.  "Take it easy a moment, let her mend those wounds.  And take this.." He handed the thin vial the tribal had given him prior to the encounter.  "At the moment, I think you've need of this more'n I."

As the female Miqo'te knelt beside Desmond, Kayle turned to S'demyx with approval and put his hand on his shoulder  "A strong victory for you today, for all of us.  Your tribe would be proud, and I should not forget your names."  The massive highlander approached with his couerl astride next to him, and both appeared to be grinning.  "I think you've earned that meal now, friend" he said, and gave him a nod.

Holding his left arm, Kayle retreated a few paces to inspect the field around them.  After a brief survey of the immediate area he spotted his discarded blade and reverently retrieved it from the ground, placing it delicately back into it's scabbard.

"Tis unfortunate to 'ave met under such circumstances, but I am thankful all the same.  Whether it be merriment or mayhem that bring folk together, I welcome the company."  Glancing north, he takes a moment to reflect.  

"I've not been 'ere long, but I intend to stay for the sake of my family, for Ul'Dah, and for the realm.  Knowing that there are men and women like you gives me strength; it gives me courage to carry on.  We were strangers but a few bells ago, and yet here we are, a collection of wanderers, warriors, healers.  Looking for purpose, for acceptance, for a home."  

He chuckled to himself and looked back at the group.  "We gather like driftwood, but I've yet to see a coast in the desert."

RE: A Coast in the Desert (Open to all!) - Gideon Aryeh - 08-19-2013

"That meal sounds damn good, like that thing about wood and all that too"

Amaare stroked Braxa's head as she leaned into him, she was a little fussy for not being able to participate in the fight but he knew that she would make far too much noise, not to mention Couerls can and will at times be quite vicious. He didn't want her to scare his new friends.

Amaare took another pull of his pipe after putting up his bow and arrows.

"Yeah I like this, good thing I slept out here last night. Who would've known that a night of gambling and cheating and having to sleep out here would've resulted in this"

He snickered for a moment realizing that he was talking out loud

"Hehehe....ignore the cheating part..you didn't hear that. Hmm cheating? Who said that?" He quickly turned his face with a grin and a pull of his pipe.

RE: A Coast in the Desert (Open to all!) - S'demyx Tia - 08-19-2013

He stayed long enough to make sure Desmond made it back to the land of the living. 

S'demyx nodded, and for once gave a genuine smile - and not of bloodlust - to Delwyn at his comment. He extended his arm as well, grasping his shoulder and squeezing in a display of comradery. He glanced everyone over, nodding at each one, the female, then Amaare. Then finally Desmond.

He spoke up to the man once catching his eyes, "Heal well, fearless leader." At that, he immediately turned to the fallen Roegadyn. He yanked his axe from the corpse and sheathed it upon his back harness. 

Without a second glance back, the Miqo'te male walked off to back wherever it was his tribe hailed in the distance, to tell them of the glory he had won in the desert that day with his allies.

Delwyn's final sentence rang clear in his ears, and he smirked as he paced away.

Truer words had never been spoken.

RE: A Coast in the Desert (Open to all!) - Rue - 08-19-2013

-Raised her head as she set to work carefully mending his arm as she had to realign it. Her tail swayed behind her along the ground as she progressed in thoughts of lingering magic to heal his arm. It didn't take to terribly long, her arm wiped her brow as she sat back on her knees and gestured over Desmond's arm,

"How is it now?"

She looked up behind her at the others glancing them over for anything else she may have needed to tend to. Her ears tilted back slightly as she seemed a bit more at ease, showing both of her eyes freely from under her bangs.-

"Everyone else okay?"

RE: A Coast in the Desert (Open to all!) - Bloodwillow - 08-19-2013

A large figure trudged through the desert, a smaller form perched on it's shoulder.  They didn't seem to have any particular destination in mind, their pace slow but steady.

The small figure, a lalafell, held a piece of parchment in her hands.  "Hmm ... it should have been around here!  But this all looks the same!"

The roegadyn grunted, continuing to walk.  Both figures were female, the taller in the garb of a marauder, the smaller dressed in cloth.  At first glance one wouldn't think they were adventurers, let alone fighters.

"Try over there, left left!  I think I see something!"

The roegadyn sighed, turning in the direction her ward pointed.  Coming over a small hill, she stopped, dropping to one knee quickly, the lalafell tumbling to the ground.

"H-hey!  What was that for?"

"Look"  the roegadyn pointed to the carnage visible.  The bandit camp they were tasked to find and scout was in disarray.  She could smell the blood and destruction on the wind as it carried to her nostrils.

"Huh?"  The lalafell squinted and made a face a moment afterwards.  "Ew.  Goodness what a mess!"  She tugged on her companion's sash.  "Wait, there there!  I see movement!"

The roegadyn turned her gaze to the small group of figures.  They seemed battle worn and one looked injured, laying upon the ground.  Unsure if they were bandits or not, the two stayed their place, watching.