Hydaelyn Role-Players
Character Scents - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Character Scents (/showthread.php?tid=3527)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Character Scents - Ryanti - 08-14-2013

(08-14-2013, 03:24 AM)Khazeto Zhwan Wrote:
(08-13-2013, 01:58 PM)Eve Malusion Wrote: I have close to no sense of smell in real life... I have no idea how I'm going to figure this one out.
This....
I'm anosmic which for those who don't know means I have no sense of smell.  I was born like it and so often forget about it.  This has some real world issues but yes I can taste food  I prefer strong basic flavors, sweet, sour, salt.  

Anyway a hunter who wears leather I would imagine blood, sweat, and leather, not to mention where ever he has been recently.  When he's clean and not hunting he would probably not smell of much as any perfumed soap would probably be quite weak to anything other than another Miqo'te.  

I cant really say any more than that and I certinally couldn't describe the smells as I don't know what they smell like.  If someone could lend a hand it would be appreciated.

Imagine this. Maybe this'll make it easier.

Smelling something is like flavored air. Like tasting the air. Except with your nose. Tasting flavored air with your nose. It's not as strong as with taste, but it's the same exact sensation.

RE: Character Scents - Khaze'to Zhwan - 08-14-2013

Oh I get what smell is, very good understanding of biology and how it works. Thank you though. Tongue

It was more working on a description of character smell.  What I wrote comes from reading and just using logic but actually describing the smell instead of stating what the is. Does that make sense.

RE: Character Scents - RaylenorSelzen-akaga - 08-14-2013

(08-13-2013, 01:50 PM)Eva Wrote: As I've been re-assembling my wiki it occurred to me that with the miqo'te RPers being about in abundance and the knowledge that their sense of smell is somewhat heightened, I thought to add a small blurb about Eva's perfume and usual scent.  I've had to describe this in the past during 1.0 and thought it might be a helpful thing for other RPers to think about.  Then I considered that it might be useful to have all that info in one place, and so I decided to scrape together this thread.  While it makes sense that any character's scent is going to be situational based on environment, perspiration, etc., this would be more of a neutral thing based on things like grooming, smoking, working with chemicals, flowers, or what-have-you.

So what do y'all smell like??  Big Grin

For Eva:
Her usual perfume carries the sweet scent of lilac dashed with a trace of sun lemon.
I had never thought of this, it's a great idea actually and it makes me think of how attuned to his senses my character will be. But looking at it from a realistic point of view, how would other RPers realize the scent of your character without you disclosing that right off the bat? Yes there is the option of studying someones biography before hand but that defeats the natural flow of the current RP. Just a thought, but a great idea otherwise!

RE: Character Scents - Khaze'to Zhwan - 08-14-2013

That',s the beauty of some rp addons, the ones that give just that little bit more info.  Fingers crossed we can get something for this.

RE: Character Scents - ArmachiA - 08-15-2013

Loki: Smelling vaguely of the sea and of the spices she loves to cook with. However, if she's been out fishing all day she smells like fish.

Armi: Smells like pine and cinnamon - from training in Gridania and from baking which she enjoys.