Hydaelyn Role-Players
RP Servers - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: RP Servers (/showthread.php?tid=3805)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: RP Servers - Qhora Bajihri - 08-21-2013

From what I heard, every server was pretty full. SE really didn't realize the sheer quantity of interest there was in the game NA side. So I wouldn't worry about it too much. I ended up playing on a JP server when NA was inaccessible, but I didn't do any RP.

RE: RP Servers - doctorgalactic - 08-21-2013

Also keep in mind that while it the open beta didn't go as smoothly as everyone had hoped, it was in fact a stress test as well to see what kind of load the servers could handle and still function properly.  Well, they got it!  There were often queues to get into the server, along with the 'world is full' message.  At the start they had to lock out creation on servers as well (highest I saw at one point was that 14/20 NA servers were locked!) to allow people to trickle in while they steadily raised the bar. I think the sheer number of people that wanted in shows how successful they've been at garnering interest and simply making a great game.  These issues have been addressed according to the development team, but we have yet to assess them as they were resolved post phase 4.

Also, it was an open beta and free to play for the weekend, so one could assume that much of the population were players that were simply testing the waters while it was free and will not be available or interested in playing during launch.

All in all, find the community that feels right for you!  Both servers have great players and amazing merits, and at that end of the day it's the people you're with that count.  Smile

RE: RP Servers - Keldion - 08-21-2013

What legacy means (if you didn't know Information on Gilgamesh and it's community Video on server discussion (Balmung/Gilgamesh) Ultimately it's down to you.. I wouldn't suggest (personally) going to anything other than these two servers if you wish to find RP. pure and simply because I'd prefer not to split us up as much as possible.

(I apologise for not posting anything about Balmung in the information section of this post, I linked the threads that came to mind at the time, I may have missed important info)

RE: RP Servers - X'tahjha - 08-21-2013

During the Open Beta, it was really crowded. Servers were intentionally closed off for new characters so players would go to the servers which were newly added perhaps a day after the start of the Open Beta. Eventually ALL the NA/EU servers were closed for several hours at the last day of the Beta because of two errors so many players were receiving and prevented them from playing at all.

Six hours before the (extended) end of the Open Beta, I managed to finally make a character on Gilgamesh and had no queue or errors. I had tried for over sixteen hours to make a character there, making the attempt a couple of times an hour just in case. There was just so much going on, I wouldn't assume that Gilgamesh or Balmung are truly full upon launch. Many people suffered from the error of not being able to log in because their character was (assumingly) still online and stuck in limbo. If that were true, this would have laid a heavy load on the server. Once they fixed that error, the Open Beta was like a breeze... for most.

But you are right. Balmung and Gilgamesh are the unofficial RP servers; one Legacy (Balmung) and one normal (Gilgamesh). Balmung is the most active on the role play front because of the Legacy characters which hadn't been deleted through out the Beta stages while Gilgamesh has been the fresh start for everyone. However, during the Open Beta people have tried to establish a RP community on Gilgamesh so it won't be empty and nothing once the game officially launches; there is role play and by what I have seen there is also plenty of it.

It is up to you and your friends where to go, what you prefer. Nobody knows if the servers will be full quickly after launch, but I surely wouldn't expect it as people managed to get in/create characters on both the servers a few hours before the Open Beta ended. Queues are a different story though.
Good luck!

RE: EU players on Gilgamesh - Alias - 08-21-2013

Thank you both for the your responses that is very good to hear.  I'm liking Gilgamesh more and more each time I hear something about it.

This Limitless Sky Beach Party Festival sounds pretty fun too!  Rerolling from EU to US is sounding like a good idea..

RE: EU players on Gilgamesh - xaaniko - 08-21-2013

I was really worried about the lag, which almost made me switch to an EU server - but then I read somewhere (a post on here actually, I think) that both the NA and EU are housed in Montreal! Don't know if it's true, but it would explain why we got the same issues are beta. In conclusion, it doesn't matter what server you pick. You're actually more likely to find English speaking players on the NA servers anyway - go where the RP is!

RE: The RP server for EU folks - is Balmung a good choice? - Clover - 08-21-2013

In case it hasn't been said before, Eorzean Union also has a Skype chat ^^

RE: The RP server for EU folks - is Balmung a good choice? - K'nahli - 08-21-2013

Balmung definitely seems to be the busiest for EU users given the fact it also has a number of Linkshells and some Free companies dedicated to European users alone. Some people tend to over-exaggerate populace on a server once three or four users stumble along "oh we have a lot of these" and such but from what I have seen there is quite a significant amount of EU members rolling on Balmung from these forums and the shells and companies only further reflect that.

RE: The RP server for EU folks - is Balmung a good choice? - Khaze'to Zhwan - 08-21-2013

Shhhh Sini, I am not late, I arrived entirely when I meant to.

Not only do we have a skype we now have a website made today.  Go here and make your application if you are interested, we don't bite, nor are we strict elitist assholes. I would also say that we are open to players of other time zones but we aim to be hitting end game during our evenings which is often too early for people over the pond.

http://eorzeanunion.enjin.com

RE: The RP server for EU folks - is Balmung a good choice? - Asyria - 08-21-2013

(08-21-2013, 12:56 PM)Khaze Wrote: If Katattax is dropping Europa around I guess I should make a showing for the Eorzean Union, the EU free company for endgame content during European hours.  We are playing on Balmung and you are quite welcome to join us.  Europa is a good place to look for EU timed RP as well.

Clever name! Tongue

RE: EU players on Gilgamesh - Asyria - 08-21-2013

I'm starting to think I'm the only non-european in my Gilgamesh LS. ^^;

RE: The RP server for EU folks - is Balmung a good choice? - Khaze'to Zhwan - 08-21-2013

(08-21-2013, 05:20 PM)Asyria Wrote:
(08-21-2013, 12:56 PM)Khaze Wrote: If Katattax is dropping Europa around I guess I should make a showing for the Eorzean Union, the EU free company for endgame content during European hours.  We are playing on Balmung and you are quite welcome to join us.  Europa is a good place to look for EU timed RP as well.

Clever name! Tongue
We like it Big Grin

RE: The RP server for EU folks - is Balmung a good choice? - K'nahli - 08-21-2013

lol, when I first saw it in-game I wasn't sure if it was a coincidence or a clever abbreviation.

RE: The RP server for EU folks - is Balmung a good choice? - Raelas - 08-21-2013

I'm also from Europe (England to be exact) and so far Balmung has been populated at all hours of the day (and i'd know because I barely slept in P4 lol).

While I've yet to find a FC/LS I know there are a lot of EU players on Balmung so you'll be fine Smile

RE: RP Servers - Kylin - 08-21-2013

This is just a simple notification that I've merged three new RP server related threads into this one today. So if anyone panics and cries conspiracy about mysteriously deleted threads, please direct them to this message Cool