Hydaelyn Role-Players
Balmung's Finest: Community Dungeon Crawling Initiative - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Balmung's Finest: Community Dungeon Crawling Initiative (/showthread.php?tid=3860)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Balmung's Finest: Community Dungeon Crawling Initiative - LandStander - 08-24-2013

I think the Duty Finder was a great idea. It really cuts back on the time of waiting for people to invite you from your own server so that you can find parties easier. I really do think that they should give you the option to search on your own server as well as all servers though. I personally love getting to know the players on my server.

I share the same sentiments as Ashren about it sucks not being able to play with the same people again. I remember in FFXI when you would start a party, you would recognize peoples name and knew what to expect of them. Plus it is one of the few areas of the game that forces you to socialize a little. It will be hard to build a community outside of ones FC because you basically don't need to ever get to know anyone. Our only savior is the fact that we are tied together by being an RP community. Thank god that they are not having regional AH's...that has always been a god awful idea. 

In short, Duty Finder is great, but we need more options to foster a strong community. You can never go wrong with offering options.

RE: Balmung's Finest: Community Dungeon Crawling Initiative - Rhylund - 08-24-2013

Update: Linkshell is up! I just stuck with Balmung's Finest for the name. Getting people in there as I can.

RE: Balmung's Finest: Community Dungeon Crawling Initiative - Lren - 08-24-2013

Had trouble recognizing the name until I saw a few people I knew from here. Oh my, how the memory goes fast. My Twin(Divarren Cousland) and I are more than happy to help people out should assistance be needed with something.

RE: Balmung's Finest: Community Dungeon Crawling Initiative - Tacos - 08-24-2013

THis is relevant to my interests. If I'm in-game, it'll probably be on L'Sarade Laqi. I already forgot what my other character's name is. <<

RE: Balmung's Finest: Community Dungeon Crawling Initiative - Jules - 08-24-2013

Relevant to my and my partner's interest. Will drop a line once the servers are back up as I'm a dolt who can't remember his own character name, it seems.

RE: Balmung's Finest: Community Dungeon Crawling Initiative - synaesthetic - 08-24-2013

I don't hate the duty finder in the slightest--oftentimes I just want to run a dungeon to get a quest done and move on to something else, or maybe it's super-late at night and in the middle of Japanese primetime...

Anyway, I like this idea even though I don't hate the duty finder. Count me in, at least, whenever I can actually log in... theoretically at launch (no early access for a non-Legacy-pricing 1.0 player) but you know how these things go...

I'd love to run with folks from Balmung, especially since my Free Company, Unity, is going to be running a sort of community-outreach program where we ally with roleplaying FCs and help them organize and run PvE endgame content.

RE: Balmung's Finest: Community Dungeon Crawling Initiative - Jules - 08-24-2013

(08-24-2013, 12:48 PM)Jules Wrote: Relevant to my and my partner's interest. Will drop a line once the servers are back up as I'm a dolt who can't remember his own character name, it seems.

Add Khama'ir Junahl and Halo'sae Epoch to the interested list, pretty please.

RE: Balmung's Finest: Community Dungeon Crawling Initiative - Nevia - 08-24-2013

Would love to participate in this.  Being pretty new, it sounds like a great way to meet more people in the community and I love to tank as well!

I am Nevia Lyn in-game

RE: Balmung's Finest: Community Dungeon Crawling Initiative - CallmeYahweh - 08-24-2013

In game and will be for some time!

Feel free to hit me up. :D Name's E'rinha Tia.

RE: Balmung's Finest: Community Dungeon Crawling Initiative - speitzer - 08-24-2013

Please add Khior'a Laanakoh when you have a chance.  Excited to play with y'all

RE: Balmung's Finest: Community Dungeon Crawling Initiative - raddbromance - 08-24-2013

I'm definitely interested in this -- I love running dungeons and things, IC or out, and it'd be cool to make some on-server friends while I'm at it. My healer/squishycastermidget is Zezekajyo Totokajyo, and my tank/beatthingsupguy is Emiya Archer.

RE: Balmung's Finest: Community Dungeon Crawling Initiative - Eve Malusion - 08-26-2013

While I have no problem with Duty Finder, I'm interested in this. Always fun to get to play with the same people every now and then.

RE: Balmung's Finest: Community Dungeon Crawling Initiative - Raidiese - 08-26-2013

This sounds sweet. I'll keep an eye out for you in-game, Rhylund.

RE: Balmung's Finest: Community Dungeon Crawling Initiative - Maqali Qulaan - 08-27-2013

This sounds really interesting! I'd love to participate on S'janna too, as soon as I can, you know, participate in the server Big Grin

But yes, please consider bringing me along as well!

RE: Balmung's Finest: Community Dungeon Crawling Initiative - Evalentino - 08-27-2013

Euan Quinn here and hoping to join!