Hydaelyn Role-Players
Coil T1-2 Advice on Getting Started/Learning it - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Coil T1-2 Advice on Getting Started/Learning it (/showthread.php?tid=6287)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Coil T1-2 Advice on Getting Started/Learning it - synaesthetic - 02-05-2014

Get QS first before you mess around with leveling ACN. It's the most important, especially as your gear ramps up and you start encounters where you need to be able to kill adds quickly.

It's also valuable for the ADS in Turn 2, because one of the buffs the ADS receives when you fight him is a 30% slashing resistance buff. This means your tanks have a harder time keeping aggro.

RE: Coil T1-2 Advice on Getting Started/Learning it - Kage - 02-19-2014

I honestly felt a little bad recently since I only got to ilvl78 in the last week and will be getting my Relic+1 or Myth body next week... but I took in a lot of the great advice here! I wasn't really thought of to be taken along when mentioned but people have started to consider it... so when my FC's static really couldn't get a good set time for this week my friend said we'd do it on Monday so 6/8 of the group was our FC or our FC LS friends. We got through T1-T3 but I don't nearly have the gear for T4.

It was quite fun even though Caduceus really wanted to eat me when the split happened and the tank on my split died and we had to wipe... He liked me so much he took a bite out of me, left me with about 100 HP, took everyone else down and then came back for the rest!

We didn't make it clear enough that it was going to be greed rules so I lost out on the casting bracelets to the PUG BLM that joined us... and I also died to the mobs at the end of T3 because most of the group made it and I didn't realize that I wasn't supposed to go to the pad but to the allagan teleporter.

Here's to hoping I'll get Quelling strikes (2 lvls away) this week...

Quick question though: I have Crimson Gloves but the DL gloves have the accuracy so I used those. I went into T1-2 with 394 or so accuracy w/o food and whatnot. I of course decently missed a few spells. I've been told to get Zenith first then the myth body but while Zenith gives more DPS the myth body would give me a good boost in accuracy. Which would really be better to get next week?

RE: Coil T1-2 Advice on Getting Started/Learning it - Aleister - 02-19-2014

(02-19-2014, 12:34 PM)ExKage Wrote: I honestly felt a little bad recently since I only got to ilvl78 in the last week and will be getting my Relic+1 or Myth body next week... but I took in a lot of the great advice here! I wasn't really thought of to be taken along when mentioned but people have started to consider it... so when my FC's static really couldn't get a good set time for this week my friend said we'd do it on Monday so 6/8 of the group was our FC or our FC LS friends. We got through T1-T3 but I don't nearly have the gear for T4.

It was quite fun even though Caduceus really wanted to eat me when the split happened and the tank on my split died and we had to wipe... He liked me so much he took a bite out of me, left me with about 100 HP, took everyone else down and then came back for the rest!

We didn't make it clear enough that it was going to be greed rules so I lost out on the casting bracelets to the PUG BLM that joined us... and I also died to the mobs at the end of T3 because most of the group made it and I didn't realize that I wasn't supposed to go to the pad but to the allagan teleporter.

Here's to hoping I'll get Quelling strikes (2 lvls away) this week...

Quick question though: I have Crimson Gloves but the DL gloves have the accuracy so I used those. I went into T1-2 with 394 or so accuracy w/o food and whatnot. I of course decently missed a few spells. I've been told to get Zenith first then the myth body but while Zenith gives more DPS the myth body would give me a good boost in accuracy. Which would really be better to get next week?
I'm assuming you're a black mage? You have the regular relic weapon so either keep it or try to knock out extremes. The chestpiece is far more needed if your static will be working on T4. T1-T2 (T3 is a joke) you can get away with having not met the accuracy cause its there to gear you but T4 and T5 you must meet the ACC requirement or you're not gonna get the turn done.. So if you know what you need for range try to aim close for it and get the rest via food.

I looked around for a ACC cap and it seems to be somewhere 432-451. I would aim for the 451 for turn 4/5 to avoid any misses.

Turn 4 is a pure DPS race along quick thinking for tanks. Turn 5 is a endurance test while meeting trying to beat the hard enrage. ACC is pretty important as you'll want to land every hit.

To be honest I think most of my FC would be less willing to take me through T4 (while being ok with me in T1-3) so it may not be the issue. It seems like I'm able to make it through T1-2 fine (T3 well.. I can't dodge things that hit me as I bounce through the air and die after a large mob aggros... or if they're sitting right outside the exit). So I don't think I'm quite in a "hurry" to join them in T4 as it seems to be at least a month or so in the future before I can.

(02-19-2014, 03:05 PM)ExKage Wrote: To be honest I think most of my FC would be less willing to take me through T4 (while being ok with me in T1-3) so it may not be the issue. It seems like I'm able to make it through T1-2 fine (T3 well.. I can't dodge things that hit me as I bounce through the air and die after a large mob aggros... or if they're sitting right outside the exit). So I don't think I'm quite in a "hurry" to join them in T4 as it seems to be at least a month or so in the future before I can.
Then aim for the Zenith. Smile Just offered my two piece of thought from the view you were concerned about getting into T4.

No.. No I asked for the advice so everything is appreciated. Just wanted to say where I'm coming from. I want to join them asap but I know they have better options than someone who is still a little (or a lot I dont know) under geared.

RE: Coil T1-2 Advice on Getting Started/Learning it - synaesthetic - 02-19-2014

Accuracy cap first. The accuracy cap for black mage on Twintania is 432. With that much accuracy, you will not miss anything in this game currently (that may change in Turns 6 through 9, however).

Normally I would say that the most important thing for you to do with your mythology tomes as a damage dealer is to get your plus one. But if you are not accuracy capped, then you need to be accuracy capped, because you will miss like crazy. It's not so bad at 390-400 on Caduceus (my scholar has somewhere around 350 accuracy and I've never missed Energy Drain on Cads, unlike Twintania who lives just to make me waste Aetherflow charges), but you will start seeing large numbers of misses on the ADS and beyond.

Get your Sorcerer's Coat if you have not yet. I know it is ugly as sin. We all hate it. But it has 34 accuracy on it and it's an i90 piece.

As an aside, I went into Coil with my AF2 robe and hat, non-plus relic and everything else was darklight. It was fine. Sure, it got easier as I got more gear. But yeah. I think your group is overstating how much it actually takes.

^ BLM wizard master right thur. she can better help than I can! Ty Aeri!

RE: Coil T1-2 Advice on Getting Started/Learning it - Kage - 02-20-2014

Yeah I think they just want to make sure they can get through to T4 without having to switch or so...

Several of them keep saying Zenith and then others keep telling me Accuracy cap first so it's been very... @_@ confusing. I -know- I missed a few spells on just Caduceus and I didn't turn off the spell effects so I have no idea how it was when I went to ADS when they did it for T2 Enrage.

RE: Coil T1-2 Advice on Getting Started/Learning it - Merri - 02-20-2014

Truth be told, so long as you're meeting your accuracy cap, i70 is really more than enough for turns 1-4. We were clearing 1-4 way back in October with maybe one or two pieces of i90 each in our static, since getting mythology gear was much slower back then, and coil was still new.

These days, depending on your luck with drops it'l only take you a month or two to be close to full i90. Not necessarily best in slot, of course.

That being said, I don't really know what to add on here outside what has been said, but I'd be happy to answers any specifics questions or give tips for every turn. We generally clear 1-5 in an hour on monday, so we've definitely got the place down to a sweet science. I also have videos up from various points of view for each turn. I do have a Caeducus video recorded that I haven't uploaded, but videos of 2, 4, and 5 are up at the moment. :>

We also have two black mages in our static, so I can poke them for black mage specific information.

RE: Coil T1-2 Advice on Getting Started/Learning it - Aleister - 02-20-2014

Pretty much. Meeting the ACC cap is far more important than getting gear to boost dps.. What's the point of that gear if you're just gonna miss hits? Missing lowers dps overall. Long as you're acc cap whatever the gear looks like you can do T1-4 heck even 5 I think.. There were videos of people in majority DL doing Twin back in October as well right?

RE: Coil T1-2 Advice on Getting Started/Learning it - allgivenover - 02-20-2014

Attempting Twintania, yes. Conflags were a bit too much of a DPS check for full Darklight. 

Shouldn't be as much of a gear check now, conflags and snakes just had their HP lowered today.

(02-20-2014, 03:23 PM)allgivenover Wrote: Attempting Twintania, yes. Conflags were a bit too much of a DPS check for full Darklight. 

Shouldn't be as much of a gear check now, conflags and snakes just had their HP lowered today.
Its still a gear check overall though not to mention an endurance fight.

Me personally I don't believe in squat people say about hidden fixes and stuff until a good number of people report it so it is still a bit to early to say if this true or not. It possibly might most likely be true but just cause its way to early I don't find it reliable this is me though and how I take up things.

I'll be seeing personally myself later today if these unnoted fixes were put in Coil.

RE: Coil T1-2 Advice on Getting Started/Learning it - Kage - 02-20-2014

Oh yeah I've been reading up on how T2 Enrage may or may not be possible (sounds like it still is but needs better gearing or healer composition, etc) and that the HP of things were buffed or something about Tanks in T5 not being able to -really- do solo tanking in it.

T5 discussion just flew over my head. T2 barely because I just stood there and DPS'd it as my friends were doing enrage. I don't mind learning rot passing either but maybe I won't find my friends willing to let me learn with them. xD Or they can~ I shall see next week when I'm probably going to be i80. I'm not sure what contributes to what ilvl weighing.

(02-20-2014, 03:45 PM)ExKage Wrote: Oh yeah I've been reading up on how T2 Enrage may or may not be possible (sounds like it still is but needs better gearing or healer composition, etc) and that the HP of things were buffed or something about Tanks in T5 not being able to -really- do solo tanking in it.

T5 discussion just flew over my head. T2 barely because I just stood there and DPS'd it as my friends were doing enrage. I don't mind learning rot passing either but maybe I won't find my friends willing to let me learn with them. xD Or they can~ I shall see next week when I'm probably going to be i80. I'm not sure what contributes to what ilvl weighing.
... Solo tanking? Where is the source for that? I'm curious, the only thing I read about T5 is the conflags, hp reduction for snakes and conflags and main tanks not being able to go inside conflag anymore to take no damage cause Twin will just go to the next highest threat until the MT is out.