Hydaelyn Role-Players
Favorite Books - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Favorite Books (/showthread.php?tid=6642)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Favorite Books - Karaan - 03-17-2014

(03-17-2014, 10:59 AM)Evie Wrote: but it's been really nice to go back to the physical feel of a book in your hands....and then there's always the book smell. >.>

Like one of my teacher said : "Holding an old book it is like a erotic moment with yourself."

RE: Favorite Books - Kage - 03-17-2014

The problem is when you have lots of books to choose from and can finish a couple of them while you're out. ><

In HS, I filled a whole compartment in my bag with 3-5 books for reading purposes while still needing to carry my load for the day. E-readers are so very helpful with minimizing the amount of things you need to carry. And papercuts.

Quite a few of my books have evidence of my paper cuts T_T

RE: Favorite Books - Melodia - 03-17-2014

Having moved soooo many times, I second the benefits of the e-reader for keeping book weight and space down to a minimum. Lugging those boxes is a pain! LOL!

But I do like the feel of an actual book over the e-reader. Smile

RE: Favorite Books - Evie - 03-17-2014

I'm not saying E-readers are bad...just that I've rediscovered books in a way and it seems like my reading has increased where as I didn't seem to read much anymore with the e-reader for whatever reason.

RE: Favorite Books - Kage - 03-17-2014

Nooo not saying that. I miss carrying books.

If only I had a weightless no-weight limitless bag for them all T_T

RE: Favorite Books - Evie - 03-17-2014

Weightless books. Now there's an idea. Tongue

But yah back when I was younger and was reading and rereading and rereading the Tamora Pierce books. I'd literally have every series with me in a bag whenever I went on vacation. It was so heavy!

RE: Favorite Books - Maril - 03-17-2014

The Magicians Guild triology takes the first prize for me. It's completely changed how I tend to perceive magic in games now - essentially, when I read the book my brain just went, YES, yes that is how you do it! It just felt absolutely right. 
The only downside? it's induced a bad case of book-hangoverness, I have tried to pick up other books but I keep thinking of that triology, and I just can't quite get over it. So everything else kind of fades in comparison.. And I know there are other good books out there. I just don't.. Feel it. Hopefully that will pass, because there are many other books I'd love to read.

RE: Favorite Books - Kage - 04-04-2014

please live ;A;

I used to carry around at least one quartet and maybe another half of another of Tamora Pierce's books.

I also once carried the first 6 books of Diane Duane's Young Wizards while I was on university campus so I could re-read them ><