Hydaelyn Role-Players
Eternal Bond: Using it? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Eternal Bond: Using it? (/showthread.php?tid=8579)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Eternal Bond: Using it? - Kage - 10-10-2014

(10-10-2014, 09:33 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: Enterprise, Kage. Start up a business of just modeling trophy wives/husbands and reap the rewards for dozens of hollow, empty marriages!

"Female bachelorette that just wants the benefits of an eternal bond? Meet a dashing Lalafell bachelor that will be -your- trophy husband! He's a Sultansworn to boot!"

RE: Eternal Bond: Using it? - Berrod Armstrong - 10-10-2014

Kept: Eorzea.

RE: Eternal Bond: Using it? - Warren Castille - 10-10-2014

(10-10-2014, 09:41 AM)Kage Wrote:
(10-10-2014, 09:33 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: Enterprise, Kage. Start up a business of just modeling trophy wives/husbands and reap the rewards for dozens of hollow, empty marriages!

"Female bachelorette that just wants the benefits of an eternal bond? Meet a dashing Lalafell bachelor that will be -your- trophy husband! He's a Sultansworn to boot!"

Women love a man in uniform.

RE: Eternal Bond: Using it? - Parvacake - 10-10-2014

(10-10-2014, 09:43 AM)Warren Castille Wrote:

Especially if they can be cute while doing it!

(10-10-2014, 09:52 AM)Lilithium Wrote:

/lalafellpanic

"He'll even sit on the shelf for awhile so long as you feed him."

RE: Eternal Bond: Using it? - Geneticdork - 10-10-2014

Yup, will be using it.

RE: Eternal Bond: Using it? - Parvacake - 10-10-2014

(10-10-2014, 10:16 AM)Kage Wrote:
(10-10-2014, 09:52 AM)Lilithium Wrote:

/lalafellpanic

"He'll even sit on the shelf for awhile so long as you feed him."
Warning: Keep out of reach of mandragoras.

Since there's that one fate talking about Lalas being a treat for mandragoras...and almost anything really lol

RE: Eternal Bond: Using it? - Blue - 10-10-2014

Yoshida's repeated calls to not compare Eternal Bond to "marriage" or to not call it that way makes me think that this ritual does not pertain only romantic relationships (and frankly, I prefer it that way, since it allowed for same-gender players to partake to it without rising protests of differently politically inclined players).

I imagine it may also be taken for Eternal Bonds of brotherhood, for example, or loyal friendship as well... you know, all that kind of relationships that includes love but no sexual exchanges.

In this latter case, I can already think of a couple characters among my roster that may exchange Eternal Bond with their respective loyal adventuring partners.

I think it's really to protect SE from the sensibilities of those who prefer no same-sex bonds. At one point in time the benefits of this system had sample art calling for Marriage outfits...

Lalafells are people! Not food (except to every single enemy that isn't man)

I imagine a creation myth where Hydaelyn stacked a bunch of popotos on each other and said "Ennh, good enough."

AND LO, THE FIRST LALAFELL WALKED THE PLANET

(10-10-2014, 11:28 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: I imagine a creation myth where Hydaelyn stacked a bunch of popotos on each other and said "Ennh, good enough."

Cry

I think there was a thread that started to go on in the forums about what actual differences there were between the races. Different species vs whatnot.

MAGIC AND SORCERY. LALAFELL ARE MAN OK.

I imagine a creation myth where Hydaelyn stacked a bunch of aetherially rich popotos on each other and said "Ennh, good enough."

RE: Eternal Bond: Using it? - Berrod Armstrong - 10-10-2014

Traffic cones with popotos for heads, I say!

"Your lalafell Sultansworn Trophy husband may pout if you call him a popoto creation of Hydaelyn."

RE: Eternal Bond: Using it? - ArmachiA - 10-10-2014

It was definitely SE's way around Japan's very very prudish nature about Same Sex Marriage (And homosexuals in general). At first they weren't even going to allow Same Sex Marriage, stating their home country wouldn't like it (In around about way) but you know, slap a new name on it and pretend it's something else, people stop freaking out so much ("Civil Unions")