Hydaelyn Role-Players
Upcoming Patch (READ!) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Upcoming Patch (READ!) (/showthread.php?tid=8791)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Upcoming Patch (READ!) - Oscare - 10-28-2014

(10-28-2014, 03:27 PM)Foxling Wrote: Literally the only person who got the patch and went 'meh' at most of it.

Even if I wanted to touch Rogue, that part of Limsa is so busy that it lags to hell. Had an FC member constantly DC attempting to talk to the NPC in there. Aleport is basically Rogue haven right now so that was fun, all that lag trying to get to the Sastasha unlock.

I have a funny feeling that even though Soldiery has replaced Myth in the roulettes, it actually pays out less per instance. And the hunt marks to get the soldiery gear? Wow. I did however find see a pair of myth earrings in a dungeon though so, I know where that gear has gone.

I don't know, maybe it was all the hype leading up to it but now that it's here and I can play it? Not as exciting as I thought it would be.
Honestly, if you didn't expect that, I would've called you crazy. A new class came out, who WOULDN'T flock to that first (except me, I'm probably gonna dodge ROG until about a week into the patch). Limsa was destined to just be a gigantic lag fest today, and most likely for the next week and a half (that weekend is gonna be hell). Also, the soldiery pay out is less, but you have to keep in mind that they modified almost all the prices to those items now. 

I won't say that it was really hyped, but it was within reason. I can see why some people can be 'meh' about it since there are some things that didn't make it in (ex: the zodiac quest seems to be paused? It may be because nexus was a recent-ish release and they want to give a crowd of people a chance to obtain it) and the giant clusterfuck can certainly be a turnoff.

I'm kind of 'meh' about the i90 myth items being the new dungeon set though. I was kind of hoping for another really cool looking dungeon set, now I can confirm that I don't give a shit about BRD shirts this patch.

Dem Shiva Extreme parties tho. And dat poetics bow. Yummy.

RE: Upcoming Patch (READ!) - FreelanceWizard - 10-28-2014

(10-28-2014, 03:37 PM)Oscare Wrote: I'm kind of 'meh' about the i90 myth items being the new dungeon set though.

Really? Ugh. One of the more fun things for me was the cool dungeon set drops. I hope the dungeons themselves are fun, at least...

Did they at least improve the drop rate of the gear relative to crafting drops in the new dungeons?

RE: Upcoming Patch (READ!) - Foxling - 10-28-2014

(10-28-2014, 03:37 PM)Oscare Wrote: Honestly, if you didn't expect that, I would've called you crazy. A new class came out, who WOULDN'T flock to that first (except me, I'm probably gonna dodge ROG until about a week into the patch). Limsa was destined to just be a gigantic lag fest today, and most likely for the next week and a half (that weekend is gonna be hell). Also, the soldiery pay out is less, but you have to keep in mind that they modified almost all the prices to those items now. 

I won't say that it was really hyped, but it was within reason. I can see why some people can be 'meh' about it since there are some things that didn't make it in (ex: the zodiac quest seems to be paused? It may be because nexus was a recent-ish release and they want to give a crowd of people a chance to obtain it) and the giant clusterfuck can certainly be a turnoff.

I'm kind of 'meh' about the i90 myth items being the new dungeon set though. I was kind of hoping for another really cool looking dungeon set, now I can confirm that I don't give a shit about BRD shirts this patch.

Dem Shiva Extreme parties tho. And dat poetics bow. Yummy.

Oh believe me, I expected it. Thing is, it's that bad on the Odin server, haven't even seen what it's like on Balmung yet and I really don't want to right now. I have seen more people roaming between FATEs in Aleport today than i've ever seen on the server.

I wasn't aware that any prices had changed in relation to Soldiery. Everything looked the same when I looked but it was more of a passing glance than anything. I know that the hunt prices are very different to what the myth stuff was at the end.

Can't say i'm fussed about the Zodiac weapon thing. I gave up on the Atmas, went back and tried again since there was an increase to the rate and still waiting on a drop. Apparently my luck is just that terrible.

As for myth gear in dungeons. I'm just surprised that I saw something on the first run through instead of materials.

RE: Upcoming Patch (READ!) - shotgunbadger - 10-28-2014

Yeeea I think I'll be waiting a day or so before I join the Rogue swarm.

RE: Upcoming Patch (READ!) - TheLastCandle - 10-28-2014

I did a few levels of Rogue, just to test it out. It'll be perfect for Ken, but I am probably going to hold off for a while on leveling it, too. Just.. no desire to join the mad rush. Lol.

What I am REALLY excited for are the new MSQ line and Hildibrand. New recipes (especially the CUL food for housing) and gear.

RE: Upcoming Patch (READ!) - TheShii - 10-28-2014

(10-28-2014, 03:36 PM)Coatleque Wrote:
(10-28-2014, 03:27 PM)Foxling Wrote: Literally the only person who got the patch and went 'meh' at most of it.

You're not alone. All I was excited about is the additional clothing.
But now that it's dropped and people are on there, what is the exchange rate of Myth to Soldiery? I was sure to cap my Myth before the patch.

same. the new adds are alright an all, but only thing I got excited about was the vanity stuff haha
which isn't always the case cause I tend to be disappointed in that department when it comes to mmo's.

RE: Upcoming Patch (READ!) - Aaron - 11-03-2014

Welp I 50'd my ninja. Time to unlock snowcloak.

RE: Upcoming Patch (READ!) - Parvacake - 11-03-2014

(11-03-2014, 07:09 AM)Keyblade Wrote: Welp I 50'd my ninja. Time to unlock snowcloak.
 You'll like it. It's a pretty easy but pretty dungeon.