Hydaelyn Role-Players
Balmung is open! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Balmung is open! (/showthread.php?tid=8957)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: Balmung is open! - Y'lani - 01-05-2015

It's... not... open!

Frustrated

^ That's me. ;-;

RE: Balmung is open! - Berrod Armstrong - 01-05-2015

(01-05-2015, 08:08 AM)Y Wrote: It's... not... open!

Frustrated

^ That's me. ;-;
Mondays are usually no good, but try in an hour anyway.

(01-05-2015, 08:09 AM)Berrod Armstrong Wrote:
(01-05-2015, 08:08 AM)Y Wrote: It's... not... open!

Frustrated

^ That's me. ;-;
Mondays are usually no good, but try in an hour anyway.
Is that right? I'll keep an eye out, then!

RE: Balmung is open! - SerialX - 01-05-2015

I just started playing (or attempting to at least), but it seems it's incredibly difficult getting into this server. I figured because I already had a character on Balmung from V1.0, I'd be able to create characters on the server, but apparently not. I thought about just playing on another server and then transfer later, but I discovered they don't accept Paypal anymore, which is my only way of paying. Which means transferring is out of the question.

Is there any other reliable way to get on the server without having to waste weeks of game-time by not playing?

(01-05-2015, 08:16 AM)SerialX Wrote: I just started playing (or attempting to at least), but it seems it's incredibly difficult getting into this server. I figured because I already had a character on Balmung from V1.0, I'd be able to create characters on the server, but apparently not. I thought about just playing on another server and then transfer later, but I discovered they don't accept Paypal anymore, which is my only way of paying. Which means transferring is out of the question.

Is there any other reliable way to get on the server without having to waste weeks of game-time by not playing?
I hear waiting until just before maintenance or right after maintenance (this might be a bit trickier) usually works. If that's not your cup of tea, Gilgamesh also has their own roleplaying community.

RE: Balmung is open! - Berrod Armstrong - 01-05-2015

(01-05-2015, 08:16 AM)SerialX Wrote: I just started playing (or attempting to at least), but it seems it's incredibly difficult getting into this server. I figured because I already had a character on Balmung from V1.0, I'd be able to create characters on the server, but apparently not. I thought about just playing on another server and then transfer later, but I discovered they don't accept Paypal anymore, which is my only way of paying. Which means transferring is out of the question.

Around half hour/an hour from now is usually when the server opens -- TYPICALLY from Tuesdays to Fridays. You might get lucky on a Monday, but sometimes the weekend scrum spills over and it stays closed. Other than that, anytime the game is down for maintenance, the server opens up right when maintenance opens -- though I never know for how long. Hope that helps, and good luck!

RE: Balmung is open! - SerialX - 01-05-2015

Main reason I want to get in Balmung instead of Gilgamesh is because I already have a character on Balmung, I like to have all characters on one server.
I think I'll wait until tomorrow, and if I can't get in then, just give up on it and join another random server. I rather not pay for a subscription and then sit around waiting for a server to open up.

RE: Balmung is open! - Cailean Lockwood - 01-05-2015

Maybe Balmung is permanently closed due to it being full. :S

RE: Balmung is open! - Higura - 01-05-2015

I suspect people just afk in the game or something!

However if myself (and others waiting to get in) can't get in tomorrow morning, there is an 'expected' maintenance this wednesday, 11 PM to 2 AM, so there's definitely a window before and after that.

RE: Balmung is open! - Nester - 01-05-2015

This morning I got up early. Balmung wasn't open. But, Gilgamesh finally was. I made a character on Gilgamesh.
QUESTION:  Is Gilgamesh just as good? Or should I continue to hold out for Balmung? (come wednesday, I can transfer a character to there)

RE: Balmung is open! - Zetchryn - 01-05-2015

(01-05-2015, 12:34 PM)Nester Wrote: This morning I got up early. Balmung wasn't open. But, Gilgamesh finally was. I made a character on Gilgamesh.
QUESTION:  Is Gilgamesh just as good? Or should I continue to hold out for Balmung? (come wednesday, I can transfer a character to there)

Gilgamesh... Well, none of them like these forums for some reason. There is some sort of 'distaste' for the forums over there, and we have no idea what they use instead. I tried finding rp on gilgamesh, and was unable to. So I would STILL recommend Balmung, but tis up to you.

RE: Balmung is open! - Gegenji - 01-05-2015

(01-05-2015, 12:49 PM)Zetchryn Wrote:
(01-05-2015, 12:34 PM)Nester Wrote: This morning I got up early. Balmung wasn't open. But, Gilgamesh finally was. I made a character on Gilgamesh.

Gilgamesh... Well, none of them like these forums for some reason. There is some sort of 'distaste' for the forums over there, and we have no idea what they use instead. I tried finding rp on gilgamesh, and was unable to. So I would STILL recommend Balmung, but tis up to you.

I think I remember someone mentioning they're a bit more closer-knit RP community, so maybe they have their own forums? Any Gilgies around that can shed some light on this?

RE: Balmung is open! - Kage - 01-05-2015

This is the response I got when asking about the disdain?distaste?lackoflike? for these forums.

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=9308&pid=129822#pid129822

RE: Balmung is open! - Nester - 01-05-2015

So, stay with Gilgamesh or wait go to Balmung? Is Balmung that worth it community-wise?

RE: Balmung is open! - Gegenji - 01-05-2015

Couldn't say. I haven't been on Gilgamesh, and a lot of the folks I RP with are on Balmung, so I'm a little biased. Sad

Ultimately, I say feel around on Gilgamesh first since you have the character there. See if you can find some RP you enjoy there. If you don't, then see about sneaking over an alt to get a feel for Balmung before hopping over. That way Gilgamesh gets a chance to have some more RPers join their numbers, and you don't spend cash unnecessarily for the transfer.