Hydaelyn Role-Players
RP Servers - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: RP Servers (/showthread.php?tid=3805)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: RP Servers - Miseria - 08-23-2013

Thanks that video helped a lot! 

Still have a couple super quick questions :0

Is the RP population comparable on each server?
Is one server more noob friendly (noob to RP that is not to mmos)?

Thanks and see you all tomorrow!

RE: RP Servers - Delixcroix - 08-26-2013

Is there any plans to claim a new server for Roleplaying before we all get split up as a community because of the server lock ups?

RE: RP Servers - Fox - 08-26-2013

(08-26-2013, 06:44 AM)Delixcroix Wrote: Is there any plans to claim a new server for Roleplaying before we all get split up as a community because of the server lock ups?

There is not for RPC, Kylin posted on another thread saying there would not be. 

Kylin Wrote:To clarify, the RPC will not now or ever support a third Rp server (unless SE themselves designate it). I understand this may not be what some want to hear. But the RPC has to consider long term consequences over the short term ones. This decision is final, whether you agree or disagree. Sorry. I understand this is frustrating, but know that the problem exists with ALL NA/EU servers. I can't even login to the game myself right now and have created a temp character on a JP server just to run around, so I understand people are frustrated. But again...long-term consequences > short-term consequences.

That being said, there's nothing stopping those locked out from uniting amongst themselves for either a temporary or permanent solution. But that ball is in their court, not mine or the mods or anyone else's. Just be forewarned that the RPC will not itself strongly advocate other servers going forward beyond Balmung and Gilgamesh.

RE: RP Servers - lady2beetle - 08-29-2013

(08-23-2013, 10:31 PM)Miseria Wrote: Thanks that video helped a lot! 

Still have a couple super quick questions :0

Is the RP population comparable on each server?
Is one server more noob friendly (noob to RP that is not to mmos)?

Thanks and see you all tomorrow!

I didn't see that your questions had been answered, so I thought I'd take a wild crack at it.

At this point, I don't know that it's possible to tell if the population on each server is equal, BUT, we can say with confidence that each server has a large RP population, large enough that you won't notice any difference between them.

As for being noob friendly, I only personally have experience with Balmung and it is very noob friendly, both for those new to RP and those new to MMOs. While I can't personally vouch for Gilgamesh, I'm willing to put money down that they are just as friendly and helpful to any newcomers to the RP scene. There is definitely no difference between the proportion of veteran RPers on either server, from what I've seen. 

That said, when it comes to questions and advice, everything from character ideas and lore questions, I would suggest you think of us as one single community and bring your questions here. There is a wealth of information in these forums and the forum format allows everyone to give more helpful information than they could give you in game.

If however, you mean "noob friendly" as like the antithesis of "elitist snobs", I don't think you have to worry. We love our lore and will try to stick to it but both RP communities are very open and welcoming to new comers.

Did that help?

Which one? - Kyzal - 09-13-2013

Gilgamesh or Balmung? One would assume Balmung because of population right? You guys tell me preferences.

RE: Which one? - John Spiegel - 09-13-2013

Uhh.. try them both? You seem indifferent. RP is RP. Go get 'em.

RE: Which one? - Getsuya - 09-13-2013

Currently Balmung has more, but that's because it is a mixture of old characters and new characters whereas Gilgamesh has only new characters created since the ARR launch.

I chose Gilgamesh because I myself am super new to all of this and I wanted to be with lots of other people who were new without having to worry about people having years of story already built up around their characters.

But yeah it's totally personal preference so do what feels right.

RE: Which one? - shotgunbadger - 09-13-2013

Pure numbers say Balmung but Gilgamesh has a lot of RPers too so it's not like you'd be in a wasteland if you went there. Hop on both, try em out, see what crews you fall in with, nothing keeps you from RPing on both servers.

RE: Which one? - Nimarhie - 09-13-2013

Balmung has ol blood, and old community, Gilgamesh has fresh face and a new community.

Also make sure youre not typing while tipsy, typos ensue... took me 2 minutes to type this. xD

RE: Which one? - Aysun - 09-13-2013

As the note above says, Balmung has new and old characters, while Gilgamesh has lots of new ones. The old characters on Balmung are now vastly outnumbered by the new, so don't let the idea of 'Legacy' scare you off. I'd recommend just trying both if you are unsure.

RE: Which one? - Kyzal - 09-13-2013

Well I rolled my character on Gilgamesh, created him and everything but there was a que to get in. So I cancelled the que. didnt see him on my select screen, so I went to remake him on same server. Same name. Said I can't make a character with that name. But when I go to character select screen, I don't see him there.

RE: Which one? - Arianne Beaudonet - 09-13-2013

I've had that happen before. Try logging out of the game completely and logging back in. That basically means the character is there but for whatever reason the character screen isn't showing it.

Btw, welcome! I think there are a few of us that have characters on both servers Smile

RE: RP Servers - Kylin - 09-13-2013

(09-13-2013, 06:29 PM)Kyzal Wrote: Gilgamesh or Balmung? One would assume Balmung because of population right? You guys tell me preferences.

Merged with appropriate thread. Quoting OP so they get an alert regarding this merge~

Please feel free to look at the video in the original post for any questions about this matter Smile

RE: RP Servers - Kixie Khixu - 09-17-2013

Wow thank you for that information,It was very helpful as i felt so lost on what realm to choose and this has helped a lot.

RE: RP Servers - Grish - 06-20-2014

This looked like the appropriate place to ask, so here I am!

Most of the posts seem to be from 2013, so I thought I would get a refresh on the information.

Atm, I'm planning to transfer my character from it's current home server to either Gilgamesh or Balmug. I'm not sure which to choose, however. 

Have things changed with the RP community since these posts? In particular, is there still a pretty even split of RPers between Gilgamesh and Balmug, or is one more populated than the other atm? For me, the most important thing is having lots of people! More the merrier!

Thanks =D