Hydaelyn Role-Players
What do you want to see added to the game in the future? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: What do you want to see added to the game in the future? (/showthread.php?tid=4975)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: What do you want to see added to the game in the future? - Naunet - 10-11-2013

We don't need Squeenix protecting us from the scary sex monster. It's the same attitude and excuse that Yoshi gave regarding the restriction of whispers while in an instance - "Oh, we don't want people to harrass each other!" Well, tough cookies. It happens. All they're doing is stifling their players because they're afraid of a few tasteless folk.

They're treating us like a bunch of southern belles whose delicate sensitivities must always be watched out for. Ugh.

RE: What do you want to see added to the game in the future? - Cato - 10-11-2013

(10-11-2013, 02:42 PM)Naunet Wrote: We don't need Squeenix protecting us from the scary sex monster. It's the same attitude and excuse that Yoshi gave regarding the restriction of whispers while in an instance - "Oh, we don't want people to harrass each other!" Well, tough cookies. It happens. All they're doing is stifling their players because they're afraid of a few tasteless folk.

They're treating us like a bunch of southern belles whose delicate sensitivities must always be watched out for. Ugh.

I think it's fair for them to claim they don't want that sort of thing present in their game. If I go to a restaurant for a meal I don't want to see people groping each other under the table next to me. There's a particular time and a place for that. I'm not going to lose sleep over it, though. In fact, I find it pretty hilarious to stumble across tasteless ERP. Though even though I'm desensitised to such things I'd rather not expect everybody else to be as well.

RE: What do you want to see added to the game in the future? - Rinh Hallani - 10-11-2013

Ehh I don't think making a /sleep emote is going to cause ERP to explode in the game. Personally, I've been involved in some RP with someone who was injured and having the injured person lie down would've been nice... That's why I'd appreciate the feature.

RE: What do you want to see added to the game in the future? - Naunet - 10-11-2013

(10-11-2013, 02:46 PM)Theodric Ironheart Wrote: I think it's fair for them to claim they don't want that sort of thing present in their game. If I go to a restaurant for a meal I don't want to see people groping each other under the table next to me. There's a particular time and a place for that. I'm not going to lose sleep over it, though. In fact, I find it pretty hilarious to stumble across tasteless ERP. Though even though I'm desensitised to such things I'd rather not expect everybody else to be as well.

There is nothing, absolutely nothing they can do to prevent "bad" images from being made in their game. See Teveriel's screenshot on the previous page for an example. This attitude Yoshi seems to have on controlling players' actions is just absurd.

They may as well disable the screenshot function if they don't want people making tasteless images of FFXIV. Also, remove the emote function entirely. In fact, let's just go ahead and put a two foot radius bubble around everyone's characters so they can't come anywhere close to one another and potentially touch in lewd ways. Perfect!

RE: What do you want to see added to the game in the future? - Swift Nightclaw - 10-11-2013

I really don't think people are understanding that they might have to accept another country's cultural views.

Bottom line, it's their game, their decision.

I still expect /sleep will be put in eventually, but if they don't it doesn't bother me too much.  Nice, sure, but not a necessity.

We've been RPing in MMOs without emotes, even without graphics, for years. Big Grin

That said, this IS a "what do you want to see" thread, so the wishlists can be anything each of us want/hope to see eventually. I only meant to reference Yoshida's comment, not to derail the intention of the thread.

RE: What do you want to see added to the game in the future? - Nako Vesh - 10-11-2013

(10-11-2013, 03:42 PM)Swift Nightclaw Wrote: I really don't think people are understanding that they might have to accept another country's cultural views.

This is the bottom line for many complaints about this game that people just don't get. There are cultural differences we have to learn to live with.

(10-11-2013, 04:47 PM)Nako Vesh Wrote:
(10-11-2013, 03:42 PM)Swift Nightclaw Wrote: I really don't think people are understanding that they might have to accept another country's cultural views.

This is the bottom line for many complaints about this game that people just don't get. There are cultural differences we have to learn to live with.

This is a global game, so no, we don't.

RE: What do you want to see added to the game in the future? - Cato - 10-11-2013

That's how I see it as well. There's some stuff that I'd love to see changed, though I'd rather not see the game edited significantly just to appeal to western audiences. More players just need to learn to accept 'no' as a valid answer, or that 'maybe' doesn't necessarily mean 'yes'.

RE: What do you want to see added to the game in the future? - J'rakh Tia - 10-11-2013

(10-11-2013, 06:31 AM)Teveriel Wrote:
(10-10-2013, 06:19 PM)Naunet Wrote:
(10-10-2013, 01:12 PM)Swift Nightclaw Wrote: A /sleep or /liedown emote.
They’re working on figuring this out, but Yoshida has urged caution to the artists as it can be used to create inappropriate imagery they do not want in the game.  And if that is a concern for them, I willappreciate a lack of /sleep and being restrained to sleeping in the inns.  It really makes me happy to see thedevelopers thinking of the long term integrity of the game.  RPers may use these things tastefully, but the devs will have to look at it more collectively. 

An alternative I'd be interested in seeing is having tents as an item that allows you to gain rested xp when logging off away from the inn.

That's not actually an alternative, as it doesn't provide for RP in any way, which is kind of the whole idea behind wanting a /sleep or /liedown emote. No laying in bed sick or injured, no laying on the ground relaxing and chatting, no anything! Nope, because ~*oh no, some people might make offensive images!*~ As though you can't do that right now as things are.

What a load of crap from Squee. -_-;
(NSFW) http://i.imgur.com/AB1W8HP.jpg
Cute girls.

RE: What do you want to see added to the game in the future? - Ildur - 10-11-2013

I can see it now. Two people doing dirty things in a restaurant, the police arriving (called by the staff or maybe by other customers) grabbing them and taking them away.
Then, the next morning, the governor declares:

"Because there's people doing inappropiate things in restaurants, we have decided that the best solution is to forbid citizens of this city to sit next to each other in any situation or place with no exceptions at all."

And then people find the way to do inappropiate things while sitting in front of each other anyway. What will the governor do next? Forbid chairs? The use of limbs when in close proximity to another person?

Simply put, Squee is trying to avoid a problem that is unsolvabe: people are still going to make dirty imagery with the tools given. I think we have been given enough examples of that already.

(10-11-2013, 07:14 PM)J Wrote:
(10-11-2013, 06:31 AM)Teveriel Wrote: (NSFW) http://i.imgur.com/AB1W8HP.jpg
Cute girls.

It's the slightly flushed cheeks of the one on the left that make it for me.

RE: What do you want to see added to the game in the future? - TheLastCandle - 10-11-2013

(10-11-2013, 07:39 PM)Naunet Wrote:
(10-11-2013, 07:14 PM)J Wrote:
(10-11-2013, 06:31 AM)Teveriel Wrote: (NSFW) http://i.imgur.com/AB1W8HP.jpg
Cute girls.

It's the slightly flushed cheeks of the one on the left that make it for me.
Ha! I didn't even notice that until you pointed it out.

(10-11-2013, 07:16 PM)Ildur Wrote: I can see it now. Two people doing dirty things in a restaurant, the police arriving (called by the staff or maybe by other customers) grabbing them and taking them away.
Then, the next morning, the governor declares:

"Because there's people doing inappropiate things in restaurants, we have decided that the best solution is to forbid citizens of this city to sit next to each other in any situation or place with no exceptions at all."

And then people find the way to do inappropiate things while sitting in front of each other anyway. What will the governor do next? Forbid chairs? The use of limbs when in close proximity to another person?

Simply put, Squee is trying to avoid a problem that is unsolvabe: people are still going to make dirty imagery with the tools given. I think we have been given enough examples of that already.

They're not taking anything away from us, though. They've simply announced that they have concerns regarding what the emote(s) in question would be used for...which is understandable given what they're usually used for in MMO's.

RE: What do you want to see added to the game in the future? - LiadansWhisper - 10-11-2013

(10-11-2013, 06:42 PM)Naunet Wrote:

This is a global game, so no, we don't.

We can complain about it, but that doesn't mean that anything will change.  It also doesn't mean that anything should change.

The fact is that simply because something is acceptable in our culture doesn't mean it's acceptable in another culture.  While I might find it a bit silly, it's also not my culture.  I don't really have a right to judge, since such a limitation in no way harms me or anyone else around me.

RE: What do you want to see added to the game in the future? - Dubs - 10-12-2013

An in game dice rolling feature would be nice /random(1-100) etc helps facilitate a lot of RP.