Hydaelyn Role-Players
Balmung's Finest: Community Dungeon Crawling Initiative - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Balmung's Finest: Community Dungeon Crawling Initiative (/showthread.php?tid=3860)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Balmung's Finest: Community Dungeon Crawling Initiative - Aleister - 09-12-2013

(08-27-2013, 10:25 AM)lady2beetle Wrote:
(08-22-2013, 07:00 PM)Ashren Snow Wrote: First of all I just want to start by saying that the claims that duty finders have  a negative impact on communities is just superstition. I've been in Beta since Phase 2 started and I can say without a shadow of a doubt that I have never been so frustrated trying to play a game than I was sitting in front of Copperbell or Hauke Manor shouting for hours trying to find a group.

On the other hand when the Duty Finder was added the very first group I got into was Brayflox and the people I ran with were incredibly helpful since it was my first time running it, they were chatty, friendly, and I was actually sad I couldn't play with them again (perhaps the only downside I can say to the Duty Finder).

Now with that being said, I'm all for this idea despite the above sentiments. Personally though, I'm not going to join a group with someone to talk about the weather or chat about your dog/cat. When I get into a group or a dungeon the most I usually talk is to explain a boss fight or something, anything else is just slowing things down especially when I'll likely need to run the same dungeon another 10+ times.

tl;dr: The Duty Finder isn't a bad thing, and neither is not wanting to talk and only wanting to progress in a group. However I am all for a server specific dungeon crawler group.

Pretty much everything Ashren said. My personal opinion is that the dungeon group atmosphere is hurt far more by certain dps-meters than by the ability to be paired up to random strangers. I've had no lack of amazing runs so far using the duty finder in FFXIV and I've run a lot of dungeons - something I'd never have been able to do without the duty-finder.

That said, I too, am all for something like this. Sometimes I want to meet new people in the duty finder, and sometimes I want to run with people I know.
I envy you and wish you continue to have runs like that. I'm the opposite.. I refuse to do randoms now because post-game people are just... the biggest douches you have seen and demand perfection.. That is my experience though sadly.. O_< I'm a tank and I r refusingz them instant queues post-game at the moment haha.

RE: Balmung's Finest: Community Dungeon Crawling Initiative - KitKat - 09-12-2013

You can tank for me any day.

RE: Balmung's Finest: Community Dungeon Crawling Initiative - Flapjack - 09-12-2013

My name is Flapjack Sassafras, and I approve of this linkshell.

RE: Balmung's Finest: Community Dungeon Crawling Initiative - C'io Behkt - 09-12-2013

(09-12-2013, 01:22 AM)Aleister Wrote: I envy you and wish you continue to have runs like that. I'm the opposite.. I refuse to do randoms now because post-game people are just... the biggest douches you have seen and demand perfection.. That is my experience though sadly.. O_< I'm a tank and I r refusingz them instant queues post-game at the moment haha.

Sadly, while I used to hold the opposite view that the DF wasn't as negative an influence on server culture as the OP had suggested, having experienced the end-game DF and the absolutely sociopathic behaviour it engenders, I can no longer defend it. The whole experience of the end-game DF has just traumatised me to the point that I'm waiting for enough friends to reach 50 so I can do the storyline 8-man finale in peace, -_-.

RE: Balmung's Finest: Community Dungeon Crawling Initiative - Aleister - 09-12-2013

(09-12-2013, 01:54 AM)TheCurls Wrote: You can tank for me any day.
Don't I feed you to S'janna? o_O

(09-12-2013, 02:18 AM)C Wrote:
(09-12-2013, 01:22 AM)Aleister Wrote: I envy you and wish you continue to have runs like that. I'm the opposite.. I refuse to do randoms now because post-game people are just... the biggest douches you have seen and demand perfection.. That is my experience though sadly.. O_< I'm a tank and I r refusingz them instant queues post-game at the moment haha.

Sadly, while I used to hold the opposite view that the DF wasn't as negative an influence on server culture as the OP had suggested, having experienced the end-game DF and the absolutely sociopathic behaviour it engenders, I can no longer defend it. The whole experience of the end-game DF has just traumatised me to the point that I'm waiting for enough friends to reach 50 so I can do the storyline 8-man finale in peace, -_-.
THANK YOU. I got really lucky with the storyline raids but afterwards.. Omfg I almost quit tanking cause of the douches out there.. I only put up with the bullshit via Ifrit was to get my axe to make dungeons just easier for my friends and static groups.. Ask anyone in this LS.. I am grumpy Ifrit slayer.. I lost like.. positive side of myself in the DF area.. >_> I even fought back with the frickin' douches I ran into in it.

RE: Balmung's Finest: Community Dungeon Crawling Initiative - KitKat - 09-12-2013

You feed my brain to S'janna. Perhaps that's why I say you can tank for me. >.>

RE: Balmung's Finest: Community Dungeon Crawling Initiative - Rhylund - 09-26-2013

Bump. One of these days I'll make a right-proper linkshell hall entry. One of these days...

RE: Balmung's Finest: Community Dungeon Crawling Initiative - KitKat - 09-27-2013

Just so you all know, we're nearing the LS's cap! I think we have maybe 15-20 slots available.

If this one gets full and we're still finding folks, I might bug Rhy into making a second one like those Intermission folks did.

RE: Balmung's Finest: Community Dungeon Crawling Initiative - Michikyou - 09-27-2013

Would love to join! I'm always keen for joining a guild for dungeon runs
*healer, farming Breyflox for RP gear*

RE: Balmung's Finest: Community Dungeon Crawling Initiative - Oroban - 09-27-2013

(09-27-2013, 04:12 AM)michikyou Wrote: Would love to join! I'm always keen for joining a guild for dungeon runs
G...good luck with Brayflox farming. I was in there for ages to get both cavalry and infantry sets for RP reasons. It was absolutely brutal. I wish you the best, because I will be avoiding that place for a long while.

RE: Balmung's Finest: Community Dungeon Crawling Initiative - Brent Stone - 09-27-2013

Hi there! Paladin tank here, only level thirty-five but leveling as quickly as possible. I'm very interested in this and would like a spot before it fills up! I'd just ask outright in-game, but alas, it's late and the servers are down.

Hopefully I can get in touch before it fills up! =)

RE: Balmung's Finest: Community Dungeon Crawling Initiative - Michikyou - 09-27-2013

(09-27-2013, 04:23 AM)Oroban Wrote:
(09-27-2013, 04:12 AM)michikyou Wrote: Would love to join! I'm always keen for joining a guild for dungeon runs
G...good luck with Brayflox farming. I was in there for ages to get both cavalry and infantry sets for RP reasons. It was absolutely brutal. I wish you the best, because I will be avoiding that place for a long while.
done 15+ runs, and haven't seen the gloves or robe drop once. Only had 1 bad tank. It isn't actually that hard.  Moogle

RE: Balmung's Finest: Community Dungeon Crawling Initiative - KitKat - 09-27-2013

Updating with an accurate count of slots left:

Seven

SEVEN.

Come get them while they last!

RE: Balmung's Finest: Community Dungeon Crawling Initiative - LiadansWhisper - 09-27-2013

(09-27-2013, 04:28 AM)Brent Stone Wrote: Hi there! Paladin tank here, only level thirty-five but leveling as quickly as possible. I'm very interested in this and would like a spot before it fills up! I'd just ask outright in-game, but alas, it's late and the servers are down.

Hopefully I can get in touch before it fills up! =)

You can't be invited unless you're online.  If you're on tomorrow afternoon (in about, oh, 10ish hours), I'm sure we can get you invited.  Smile

Pfft. I'm way ahead of you, Liadan. I already got both Brent and Naih'ir.