Hydaelyn Role-Players
No space on Balmung! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: No space on Balmung! (/showthread.php?tid=3614)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: No space on Balmung! - Rinh Hallani - 08-17-2013

(08-17-2013, 04:45 PM)Eisen Wrote: This is torture! I notice that Moogle is back up, do I hang on for my first choice of Balmung or give in and join my EU brothers and sisters on Moogle? It's funny how server choice has such a huge effect on your in game experience but it's often done at random.

I'm going to roll an alt on Moogle and wait til tomorrow to reroll my main. We have an EU linkshell as well as an endgame FC on Balmung so don't fear you won't find fellow EU players there!

RE: No space on Balmung! - shotgunbadger - 08-17-2013

They have said this is only a stress beta thing...right?

RE: No space on Balmung! - Uther - 08-17-2013

Space will clear up. It's day 2 of open beta, I don't think they're just content to call it a day on this issue. It is a bit annoying though.

I'd also like to add that I only read the title of the thread and nothing else. I just haven't posted here in a while and felt I should.

Hi everyone.

RE: No space on Balmung! - shotgunbadger - 08-17-2013

But I want it nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow.

Yea, I'll just chill till like, I dunno, 2am before I go to sleep, I'll make my char, lock him in, then play the hell out of tomorrow and of course Early Access, in the grand scheme this is a pretty minor annoyance.

But still.

I want it :I

RE: No space on Balmung! - Rinh Hallani - 08-18-2013

I still can't create on Balmung, or Gilgamesh for that matter. I'm getting a bit frustrated because if we're allowed to keep these characters to launch, well, I want to create the character on the server I actually intend to play on in launch.
Fingers crossed it opens back up soon I guess...

RE: No space on Balmung! - Quuyn - 08-18-2013

I reallly hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this was just posted to the launcher:

Quote:On Aug. 18, 2013 at 12:00 a.m. (PDT), the three Worlds below were added to the North American/European data center.

Ixion/Kujata/Valefor

To guide players to those three new Worlds, we'll be suspending character creation on the other North American/European data center Worlds.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

RE: No space on Balmung! - Thalvaus - 08-18-2013

(08-18-2013, 04:50 AM)Koyu Wrote: I reallly hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this was just posted to the launcher:

Quote:On Aug. 18, 2013 at 12:00 a.m. (PDT), the three Worlds below were added to the North American/European data center.

Ixion/Kujata/Valefor

To guide players to those three new Worlds, we'll be suspending character creation on the other North American/European data center Worlds.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

It seems that they finally restricted access to all realms save for Faerie and Exodus sometime after making this announcement (then shut access to them down, and put up the above servers).

Been refreshing once every 30 minutes since the first day myself.  That is, until I finally just collapsed and got some sleep around the same time people are saying they reopened it briefly.

Let's hope they don't have such restrictions come Early Access and actually employ their queue system so that friends are able to play with each other.  That or have the old "world pass" system implemented if you have a friend on the server that is able to get you one.

Edit: Maybe if we all create characters on these realms, they will start to think they're filling up and reopen the others? Hah... Well, considering that even if you have characters on a realm, you're still locked out from making others... it may very well work.

RE: No space on Balmung! - Hyunseo - 08-18-2013

[Image: 53ab741af9.png]

All I want is my SO to join me on Balmung. I guess I'll be up all night waiting. And probably all day, too. Until it's too late... orz

RE: No space on Balmung! - Rinh Hallani - 08-18-2013

Show Content

RE: No space on Balmung! - Insidion - 08-18-2013

(08-18-2013, 06:10 AM)katattax Wrote:
Show Content
QFT. Yeah, I almost wish they hadn't allowed phase 4 characters to carry over to launch. I've been waking up every few hours to check on the servers. A bit neurotic, sure, but dedicated! Also, first post here, so hello to everyone!

RE: No space on Balmung! - Sini'to Shadar - 08-18-2013

Welcome! Don'T mind us raging a bit.

Show Content

RE: No space on Balmung! - Eisen - 08-18-2013

Still not in, I'm raging! What a weekend this has been! I get my wallet stolen while out on friday night, my 2yo daughter dislocates her elbow on saturday morning so that's about 6 hours in A&E (Thankfully they fixed it like wizards!) and now I can't play the beta I've been looking forward to for ages because I can't get into the server. I second the monitor throwing, desk flipping gifs!

RE: No space on Balmung! - shotgunbadger - 08-18-2013

Major bummer, I at least hope this stuff means that for EA they'll have plenty of room added to Balmung and such.

RE: No space on Balmung! - Colyer - 08-18-2013

Here's an possible upside for the whole 3102 fiasco - If those threatening to cancel follows through - then maybe it'll free up enough spaces to open up servers for new characters.

RE: No space on Balmung! - Jubilation - 08-18-2013

Got "in" but error 3035 says no new characters for the server... wait, now it's trying to do it *screams* GET ON WITH IT!