Hydaelyn Role-Players
Open Beta begins August 31 (New Trailer too) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Open Beta begins August 31 (New Trailer too) (/showthread.php?tid=475)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Re: Open Beta begins August 31 (New Trailer too) - Aveline - 08-29-2010

If you go downstairs to where there is a testing ring and a few NPCs standing around watching, one of them talks about how Garlean tech could be potentially devastating if it fell into the wrong hands, and so that's why they confiscate it.

Then upstairs there is an NPC that talks about how Limsa Lominsa keeps changing what's on the safe and unsafe lists, so ships are getting their cargo confiscated left & right because no one can keep up with the changing lists.

I never said S-E was very consistent with their lore, and I remember the conversation you are talking about between Y'sh and Baderon, but there are NPCs at the customs hall that talk about confiscating Garlean tech like it happens every day.

Re: Open Beta begins August 31 (New Trailer too) - River - 08-29-2010

Aveline Wrote:If you go downstairs to where there is a testing ring and a few NPCs standing around watching, one of them talks about how Garlean tech could be potentially devastating if it fell into the wrong hands, and so that's why they confiscate it.

Then upstairs there is an NPC that talks about how Limsa Lominsa keeps changing what's on the safe and unsafe lists, so ships are getting their cargo confiscated left & right because no one can keep up with the changing lists.

I never said S-E was very consistent with their lore, and I remember the conversation you are talking about between Y'sh and Baderon, but there are NPCs at the customs hall that talk about confiscating Garlean tech like it happens every day.

This is why I need to start writing things down when I go on my lore hunts. Laugh

Re: Open Beta begins August 31 (New Trailer too) - Folken - 08-29-2010

Yes, but you stated "Purely" confiscated Garlean tech, which they do not. They confiscate all matter of illegal or potentially dangerous materials.

It's still pretty clear that the Garlean Empire is an ominous shadow cast over Eorzea. There's no negotiating between the empire and the commonwealth.

Re: Open Beta begins August 31 (New Trailer too) - Aveline - 08-29-2010

Aveline Wrote:There is a customs office in Limsa Lominsa that exists purely in part to confiscate "illegal" Garlean technology (as well as contraband from other regions of Hydaelyn) so that it doesn't get into the hands of regular old Eorzeans, and some NPCs speculate casually about whether or not the Garleans are going to come over and wipe out the kobolds in their holy war, so I think that there is definitely regular communication between Garlemald and Eorzea. That guy looks NEAT.

LOL fixed. :approve:

Re: Open Beta begins August 31 (New Trailer too) - Vareal - 08-30-2010

Apparently I had access to the beta ya'll just finished... I just found the email, sent to my in July, buried in with a bunch of news letters from SE. But, I have access to the Beta Tester Site and forums, so I guess I'll some of you peeps tomorrow! Big Grin

Re: Open Beta begins August 31 (New Trailer too) - Gavriel - 08-30-2010

Have you peeps with beta accounts gotten your open beta keys yet?

Re: Open Beta begins August 31 (New Trailer too) - Aveline - 08-30-2010

I don't know what keys anyone is talking about >_> I've been in beta since March and we've never had keys. Our accounts just have access to the site & consequently the download. But yes, I've updated the beta client with the update they posted to the beta forums at 4am today. :cheer:

Re: Open Beta begins August 31 (New Trailer too) - Vareal - 08-30-2010

I think the keys are for if you got access through an outside source, such as beta key giveaways and such.