Hydaelyn Role-Players
Questions of Race Anyone? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Questions of Race Anyone? (/showthread.php?tid=488)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Re: Questions of Race Anyone? - Lunavati - 08-31-2010

You know, come to think of it, I have some very different cats at home. One is a goof-ball who has never met a stranger. Another disdains all contact except on HIS terms. Another can't climb anything. Another, well you get the idea. And let's not even talk about the six babies I rescued last night who wanted to sit on my feet and sleep. (And they call that many felines a "litter" for good reason Tongue

So maybe there is hope for some individuality. I promise to not purr in public unless absolutely necessary. But yeah, the cat emote thing could get pretty disturbing after a bit since there are so many of us.

M.

Re: Questions of Race Anyone? - Kashemia - 08-31-2010

i'm afraid I share Noëlle's fear. While it's true that cats are completely different, it seems like a lot of catgirls from other places follow more or less the same mold of a cutesy, young girl, adding "Nya" after every sentence, wearing a bell collar, etc. I'm hoping it will be different among the roleplayers here, but we'll see.

Re: Questions of Race Anyone? - Tadir - 08-31-2010

I wish for once we could get dog people. And am I the only one who never really thought of mithra as the cutesy nyanya mrow purr things? I always pictured them as straight up hunters. They are never depicted in ffxi all cutesy, are they?

Re: Questions of Race Anyone? - Noelle - 08-31-2010

Valid point that one.

I had no intention or playing out any noticibly cat-like traits.
perhaps a hunter-like instinct, but none of the usual stuff asociated with the generic cat-girl.

And, rather than "dog" people, couldn't we half "wolf-people".

It gives off a better image, and all the females are less likely to be referred to as "bitches" on a regular basis.

Re: Questions of Race Anyone? - Tadir - 08-31-2010

But I don't want a wolfman, I want a dogman. Besides, something between a wolf and a man would be a dog anyway.

Re: Questions of Race Anyone? - UnbeknownstGhost - 08-31-2010

Noëlle Wrote:Valid point that one.

I had no intention or playing out any noticibly cat-like traits.
perhaps a hunter-like instinct, but none of the usual stuff asociated with the generic cat-girl.

And, rather than "dog" people, couldn't we half "wolf-people".

It gives off a better image, and all the females are less likely to be referred to as "bitches" on a regular basis.

Well, technically a female wolf is still a bitch. And people overuse wolves now. I remember liking them before they were 'cool'.....

Re: Questions of Race Anyone? - Soren Miren - 08-31-2010

Like Tadir, I envisioned mithra/miqo'te being cat-like in the sense that they are very predatory by nature, but don't really cross that line into cutesy catgirls. I do think that some natural cat traits can be expected, such as sleeping with a curled tail, going from calm to alert in a split second, etc.

The key is that these things shouldn't be elements of a cat persona caricature-ized, but rather base elements that would influence realistic and natural behaviors to a level that is something other-than-human. The hunters in the CoP storyline from XI come to mind, with their unyielding nature being an extension of those cats that just won't stop chasing that invisible fly.

Also, for all those who want wolf-people, I hear there's a cataclysm coming soon. :cat:

...I'm kidding, don't hit me! D:

Re: Questions of Race Anyone? - Tyriont - 08-31-2010

Dog-person and cat-person.

Show Content

Re: Questions of Race Anyone? - Kashemia - 08-31-2010

Tadir Wrote:I wish for once we could get dog people. And am I the only one who never really thought of mithra as the cutesy nyanya mrow purr things? I always pictured them as straight up hunters. They are never depicted in ffxi all cutesy, are they?

Yeah, that's pretty much how I see them too, and one of the reasons I based Seraj more on a puma than on a housecat Tongue

Re: Questions of Race Anyone? - Noelle - 08-31-2010

UnbeknownstGhost Wrote:Well, technically a female wolf is still a bitch. And people overuse wolves now. I remember liking them before they were 'cool'.....

was kind've joking, y'know.

I remember liking everything before it was "cool", who doesn't!?

Soren Miren Wrote:etc.

Oh~ that's what I wanted to say, but much better written than what I could do!

Maybe I should just go back to lurking.

Noëlle Wrote:
UnbeknownstGhost Wrote:Well, technically a female wolf is still a bitch. And people overuse wolves now. I remember liking them before they were 'cool'.....

was kind've joking, y'know.

I remember liking everything before it was "cool", who doesn't!?

Some people only think female dogs are bitches. *Shrug*

And actually, I liked very few things before they were 'cool'. Mostly because I didn't learn of them 'till after.

Wolves however, I have like since I was three. I know waaay too much about them.

Yeah, Mia I see as much more panther/predatory, NOT cutesy catgirl AT ALL. I think of feline as proud. Then again, want her to be curious and a bit jumpy/hyper. AND now I see that open beta has been postponed. Cry

Soren Miren Wrote:Also, for all those who want wolf-people, I hear there's a cataclysm coming soon. :cat:
...I'm kidding, don't hit me! D:

*smacks Soren gently* My WoW hunter had a worgen as a pet until they fixed the glitch--he was hot. I quit playing after they took him away from me. But yep, agree, would like to see some other beast/humanoid choices at some point. JUST NOT SPARKLY BAT PEOPLE. :mrgreen:

Re: Questions of Race Anyone? - Mycroft - 08-31-2010

I wish for a Homo Ursa, bears are vastly underrated in nearly all modern media.

Werebear! My favorite kind of were.