Hydaelyn Role-Players
Discussion of "Polyamory: A Roleplaying Guide" - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Discussion of "Polyamory: A Roleplaying Guide" (/showthread.php?tid=9400)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Polyamory: A Roleplaying Guide - Edvyn - 12-24-2014

(12-24-2014, 09:45 PM)Flashhelix Wrote:
(12-24-2014, 09:45 PM)Edvyn Wrote:
(12-24-2014, 09:43 PM)Flashhelix Wrote: what if videogames are attracted to you
i am in a consensual relationship with several video games

i don't condone multi-videogame relationships
dont you fucking oppress me the feelings i have for my video games are nothing but TRUE LOVE

RE: Polyamory: A Roleplaying Guide - Flashhelix - 12-24-2014

(12-24-2014, 09:47 PM)Edvyn Wrote:

dont you fucking oppress me the feelings i have for my video games are nothing but TRUE LOVE

don't you talk down to me you poly-gaming degenerate

(12-24-2014, 09:48 PM)Flashhelix Wrote:
(12-24-2014, 09:47 PM)Edvyn Wrote:

don't you talk down to me you poly-gaming degenerate
that's it clown you're going down to brown town

RE: Polyamory: A Roleplaying Guide - Aldotsk - 12-24-2014

This thread really derailed because of consistent trolling. Please lock this thread. The past two pages have not been going so well despite Freelance's warning.

I wanted to say/ask something about Polyamory in terms of relationships, but honestly many people's responses have answered my question anyways.

RE: Polyamory: A Roleplaying Guide - OttoVann - 12-24-2014

I was going to have Otto have two wives but one of them quit playing so now Im down to just one IC trophy wife now. Its fine and, at least in our RP, the marriages are not romantic at all and purely status / trophy things.

I dont know if I can do actual romance RP very well, it worked with Kerwin for a while and IC she let me keep a couple on the side but that was it. I dunno. Im a big fan of the OP though, shes legit.

RE: Polyamory: A Roleplaying Guide - FreelanceWizard - 12-24-2014

So, a couple of things.

First, please don't ask for thread locks in the thread itself; that often escalates an issue. If you have an issue with a thread, either PM the mods or me or use the Report Post button to bring it to our attention. We do review those, I promise. Smile We obviously can't and won't discuss any actions we may take as a result of those reports in the interest of privacy, but if a thread goes too far off the rails, as you all know, we'll lock it.

Second, I realize everyone's prickly and on edge at the moment, but there's nothing inherently wrong with some levity. We've had threads that have gone off on comedy tangents briefly and come back around to serious discussion. Sometimes a joke even prompts a new topic for discussion. Naturally, the mods and I keep an eye on such things and take action where appropriate. As usual, please Assume Good Faith from your fellows and remember that you can choose to not read posts and you can put users on your Ignore List if they bother you.

#magicAdminHat

RE: Polyamory: A Roleplaying Guide - Zetchryn - 12-24-2014

All praise the admin hat!

Is it bad that I just picture him putting on some massive, oversized wizard hat that talks a la sorting hat that does admin stuff, then him taking it off?

(12-24-2014, 11:26 PM)Zetchryn Wrote: All praise the admin hat!

Is it bad that I just picture him putting on some massive, oversized wizard hat that talks a la sorting hat that does admin stuff, then him taking it off?

not slytherin not slytherin not slytherin not slytherin not slytherin not slytherin not slytherin not slytherin not slytherin not slytherin not slytherin not slytherin not slytherin not slytherin not slytherin not slytherin not slytherin not slytherin not slytherin not slytherin not slytherin not slytherin not slytherin not slytherin

[USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST]

RE: Polyamory: A Roleplaying Guide - Maril - 12-25-2014

I think it's a very nice guide, it's good to see someone have the courage to actually post something like that as well (I would chicken out. Bok bok!) 
My keeper male has been involved in a polyamorous relationship before, and generally speaking he loves a lot of people in his life - He's a bit outside the cultural norm, largely due to lack of exposure to keepers when growing up - so he casts his love on both genders and has very little interest in getting ladies pregnant, which he gets looked down upon for by a lot of people in his life. Maybe it'll change someday ^_^ So far I think it's been very interesting to play things from that view, and I'm really happy that one can - in some other game's RP communities such would have been frowned upon. So it speaks volumes of how mature/understanding/accepting our community can be.

RE: Polyamory: A Roleplaying Guide - Parvacake - 12-25-2014

To all,

I've gone and read through many of the posts though am on a phone and thus am limited to all i can do since i am with the boyfriend. I would like to both thank and.apologize to the admins for all the thread monitoring. I havent had access to internet to see how this had turned out until just now.

This was not meant to bring up a hotblooded debate on miqo'te and polyamory though its an interesting topic in and of itself. Please limit any further discussions and let this thread be what it was intended to be: a guide. Any further wanting for discussion either send me a PM or make a separate thread for it Smile please and thank you and i will make a more indepth post once i get to a computer.

With holiday love,
Lili

RE: Polyamory: A Roleplaying Guide - C'kayah Polaali - 12-25-2014

(12-24-2014, 04:24 PM)Faye Wrote:
(12-24-2014, 04:07 PM)Edvyn Wrote: is it wrong to find an ethical problem in genuine sexualities/sexual practices being exploited by horny nerds looking for cheap imaginary sex?

Sort of? It's sleazy, for sure, and it's obviously not okay if they're trying to force/pressure/trick people into doing sexual things with them.

Late comment, but hey, it's Christmas!

I think the main point here in what Faye is saying - not to put words in your mouth Faye - is it's not okay for people to force/pressure/trick people into doing anything, really. I recognize that it probably happens more around sex than it does around, say, coil, but it's not exclusive to sex and it's equally not okay anywhere.

And just for me: I don't particularly have a problem with people exploiting genuine sexualities or practices. Maybe they're in the closet about something and this is their only outlet. Maybe they're just curious. Maybe they just want to get their rocks off. I don't know, and I don't care. So long as it's consensual, in my opinion, they're golden.

Merry Christmas, everyone! Big Grin

RE: Polyamory: A Roleplaying Guide - Faye - 12-25-2014

(12-25-2014, 04:22 PM)Ckayah Polaali Wrote:
(12-24-2014, 04:24 PM)Faye Wrote:
(12-24-2014, 04:07 PM)Edvyn Wrote: is it wrong to find an ethical problem in genuine sexualities/sexual practices being exploited by horny nerds looking for cheap imaginary sex?

Sort of? It's sleazy, for sure, and it's obviously not okay if they're trying to force/pressure/trick people into doing sexual things with them.

Late comment, but hey, it's Christmas!

I think the main point here in what Faye is saying - not to put words in your mouth Faye - is it's not okay for people to force/pressure/trick people into doing anything, really. I recognize that it probably happens more around sex than it does around, say, coil, but it's not exclusive to sex and it's equally not okay anywhere.

And just for me: I don't particularly have a problem with people exploiting genuine sexualities or practices. Maybe they're in the closet about something and this is their only outlet. Maybe they're just curious. Maybe they just want to get their rocks off. I don't know, and I don't care. So long as it's consensual, in my opinion, they're golden.

Merry Christmas, everyone! Big Grin

Exactly! Sexual activities are obviously one of the more severe and taboo things to apply it to, but trying to force or deceive someone into anything is a no-no. ERP in itself is not bad--forcing it on people is. But not all ERP, however tasteless someone may find it or certain kinds of it, is forced or underhanded.

RE: Polyamory: A Roleplaying Guide - Parvacake - 12-26-2014

Okie dokies! Back to a computer so I can post things and some updates to the guide!

First off: I read about 85-90 percent of the posts on this thread. Was interesting to see how things went and that so many things got pruned or moderated. I want to make it clear so that there isn't any further misunderstandings that when I posted in the opening thread about having a race with a nontraditional structure (being the miqo'te), I was not outright implying they are polyamorous. We know very little about the Keepers except they have nomadic males that come and go as they please or when it's best suited and Seekers are namely all for polygyny with a lion tribe aspect to them. Personally? I have my own views on miqo'te but I will not discuss them in this thread. That's not what the thread is for. It's to better explain polyamory both in general and in a RP aspect (namely an RP aspect). Overall it was nice to read things though was a little sad that people derailed the thread so terribly.

Secondly: Due to the derailing, going to update the opening post with links to the actual guide pages on the thread so people don't have to wander through the pages to find them. Try to keep the conversation about things poly and RP related and for goodness sakes listen to the admins when they tell you to play nicely. As always if you have any questions you're welcome to PM me Smile Already got a few messages thus far so keep it coming!

Lastly: I'm going to add things to the guide based off some of what I read as well as some suggestions people brought up during the course of the 8 pages worth of convo lol. If you have anything you'd like to see more of or think should be added, let me know. Format is still staying the same as with the color scheme (because I'm a sucker for messing with font colors when I do this sort of thing).

Hope everyone enjoyed their holiday! Onward to the guide!

RE: Discussion of "Polyamory: A Roleplaying Guide" - Xenedra - 12-26-2014

To clean up Lilithium's Polyamory: A Roleplaying Guide, I've split the whole of the discussion into this post and left the original guide with just her posts and a few directly related comments. Feel free to continue the discussion itself here, rather than in the guide. Thanks!

RE: Discussion of "Polyamory: A Roleplaying Guide" - Parvacake - 12-26-2014

(12-26-2014, 09:49 PM)Xenedra Wrote: To clean up Lilithium's Polyamory: A Roleplaying Guide, I've split the whole of the discussion into this post and left the original guide with just her posts and a few directly related comments. Feel free to continue the discussion itself here, rather than in the guide. Thanks!
I know I told you this via PM but thank you sooooo much <3