Hydaelyn Role-Players
Gun Control: How deadly are they in Eorzea? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Gun Control: How deadly are they in Eorzea? (/showthread.php?tid=9942)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Gun Control: How deadly are they in Eorzea? - Askier - 02-05-2015

Askier had dibs on mechanist before all of you. /stare

But now Jin'li gets it cause reasons.

But seriously, in the words of my drill instructor "Don't Nuke it."

Hehe. Askier. Nuke. Hehe.

Seriously though we could debate this endlessly and never get everyone on the same page and that's okay. I've been rping Jin'li and Askier using firearms since the start and I've combat rped with a whole viriety of people who fought that in different ways. Some people say armor strong enough to take a few hits, which is fair. Others say they take cover and others take the bullet and keep going cause a bullet causes a cleaner (relative) hole. 

Point is if you want to us it, treat it as any other fight but if they get in close the weapon become basically useless. And I'm sorry, I don't car who you are, even a gun blade, which would massively back heavy and unbalanced for com ate cause of the fireing mechanisms anyway, cannot swing or shoot accuaratly while avoiding attacks. Most fair thing you can do is simply.make your character unskilled in melee or, just use gun as a club cause in melee you don't have time to aim.

And if you are worried, do what I do. Limit your ammo. Six shots for my.gun blades and they have to reload and if you have ever reloaded a revolving cylinder, its kinda awkward and slow. And if its a black power fire arm. Ha! Good luck getting the patch, powder ball and ram rod all in before they get close enough to gut you.

Certainly.guns our powerful but they have limitations that if you p play correctly can make them.fair. Unless you BS a machine gun. . . And just don't do that.

RE: Gun Control: How deadly are they in Eorzea? - Sounsyy - 02-05-2015

(02-05-2015, 08:43 PM)Knahli Wrote:
(02-04-2015, 04:57 PM)Telluride Wrote: For that matter, we Eorzeans aren't smart enough to figure out how to fight the primals outside of their own tiny little defensive havens. I mean, HOW are these primals destroying everything when they do not come out of their lairs?

Level 35-44 Spoiler:
Show Content

Yeah... at least in 1.0 you got to see Primals tearing up shit as opposed to being told they're tearing up shit.

In For Garuda Wakening

Ifrit

RE: Gun Control: How deadly are they in Eorzea? - Zyrusticae - 02-06-2015

(02-05-2015, 09:04 PM)Sounsyy Wrote: Ifrit
OMG IFRIT'S INTRO IS SO BADASS

WHY DIDN'T WE GET ANYTHING LIKE THAT IN ARR

ARRRRGH

*ahem*

I don't really blame them too much for it tho, knowing that they had to rush the hell out of development to get the game out the door before too long. They simply didn't have the time to create polished cutscenes like they did for 1.0 (though, unfortunately, the cutscenes ended up being the most polished part of 1.0....).

Edit: Read this comment and lol'd:
Quote: Not necessarily. I doubt there will be dragoons (jump command, not just spears) mimics, and blue magic. It would be nice, though. By nice I mean the coolest thing that could happen.
2/3 ain't bad, eh?

RE: Gun Control: How deadly are they in Eorzea? - Aduu Avagnar - 02-06-2015

RE: Muskets

The average for the British army during the napoleonic wars at least was 3-4 shots a minute with a brown bess musket. And that was for a trained soldier, recruits were usually as slow as 2. With Rifling (i.e. a baker rifle), it was even slower, a rate of 2 shots a minute being the high end.

RE: Gun Control: How deadly are they in Eorzea? - Makyn Loneseeker - 02-12-2015

(02-06-2015, 03:51 AM)Nako Wrote: RE: Muskets

The average for the British army during the napoleonic wars at least was 3-4 shots a minute with a brown bess musket. And that was for a trained soldier, recruits were usually as slow as 2. With Rifling (i.e. a baker rifle), it was even slower, a rate of 2 shots a minute being the high end.
I agree.

With the Baker rifle, it depended on how well the Rifleman shooting it could do. Since a lot of the men using the Baker were Greenjackets and Kings German Legion, and not normal infantry, they could get up to 3 shots a minute, pretty rarely more. 

Yeah, though, someone just starting out with a musket could probably take more than a few minutes trying to figure out how to reload it.