Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hipparion tribe - organization & discussion - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Hipparion tribe - organization & discussion (/showthread.php?tid=3058)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Hipparion tribe - organization & discussion - Maqali Qulaan - 08-28-2013

(08-28-2013, 04:38 AM)Khaze Wrote:
(08-28-2013, 04:30 AM)S Wrote: I'm not like an expert on lore or anything (yet! Tongue) but I sort of see different branches of a tribe a lot like cousins in a family. There's going to be a lot of shared history and values, yes, but also some differences, some possibly even major differences. There's plenty of room for variation among players even within the same tribe. Right?
Oh different branches as cousins are defiantly how we are playing it.  so yeah shared culture and history.  I guess where people are slipping up is that tribe can mean both the overall tribe of who knows how many Hipparion and one particular family group.  Now if you mean differences between members of the same family group, sure but they will be to a lesser extent than those between other family groups of Hipparion and again smaller still when talking about miqo'te as a whole.

We are a family of Miqo'te who are descended from the root Hipparion Tribe who are Sunseekers.  Mr Bears Nunh is just from another family group, still the Hipparion Tribe, just a different branch with from the sounds of it different values.
Yeah, that's what I meant basically. And it's definitely confusing with the whole tribe/(part of)tribe differences too. It's why I try to make sure when I'm talking about Janna's particular part of the Zu tribe, I differentiate it so people are aware I'm not claiming the Zu tribe as a whole (all... like... three Zus ever! Tongue) but rather her rather small slice of it.

RE: Hipparion tribe - organization & discussion - Mr.Bear - 08-28-2013

(08-28-2013, 04:43 AM)Khaze Wrote:
(08-28-2013, 04:33 AM)Mr.Bear Wrote: I'm not saying i'm the representative, you just made it sound that because I wasn't a part of your particular section of the tribe there would be tribal differences with me, or might be.

Which sounded a little weird, seeing as I would consider the tribe unified on traditions and ways. Unless the tribe has a troublemaking element of sorts in the form of bad leadership or a bad Nunh/Tia. Which is possible ofcourse, but i'm not aware of any yet.

I'm not saying he introduces himself a Nunh though, not outside the Tribe anyway. I do consider him to have achieved the title of Nunh sometime in the past in the Hipparion Tribe (though not necesarily your section of it, but you are part of the same tribe) If such a said Nunh came back from travels and brought back valuable lessons and experiences, and might have even strengthened himself from those experiences, I'd think he'd have a good chance of still being recognized of being a Nunh if he brought sufficient females back also.

Not only did he make the tribe grow in that case, he made sure to learn valuable experiences and lessons that the tribe might use. In my eyes that represents strength and capability, don't you think?
If you want to play as your character with your background that's fine, not a problem but we have set up tribal rules for our branch of the family and yours don't (from what you have said) align with ours completely.  Hence the differences and such.

Aye i'm not having a problem with it. just looking for clarity :p Seeing as I don't know what values don't allign according to you (not that i'll change them, seeing as K'athir remains thinking it is correct for reasons explained. But i'll know what you mean atleast)

RE: Hipparion tribe - organization & discussion - Torvhan - 08-30-2013

Yay! Back from sea!!

(08-25-2013, 10:12 PM)Naunet Wrote: I'm not sure I'm understanding the timeline right, but K'thalen's "reign", so to speak, would have begun before or around the same time as K'haaz, as they're in the same generation... right? Anti and him were roughly the same age.

*stares* This is going to take some figuring out. xD Awesome, though!

Well as of now the reigns of the Nunh are based almost purely of ~1 year prior to the first birth of a child that I had a date for. Exception being K'raqi as his wiki stated he was 20years of age when he challenged. But I am missing quite a few npc's namedays as of now. Nor do I know which Nunh's were challenged and defeated, all details I'm sure will be fleshed out as we move forward.

I'll be looking out for more information on the wiki's or in posts, or if you decide on new dates or information for your characters or npc's I'll gladly edit the information in the time line, I just wanted a better look at span of the tribe and felt this would be something that my character would be working on given her love of the history of the tribe.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: Made a spreadsheet for information on the tribe to help track additions I need to make to the timeline, or information like who "owns" a npc/character.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Asv8lZP7UDQfdGxZSm0tSzR1NFM2Y2ctblozSlNJNGc&usp=sharing

RE: Hipparion tribe - organization & discussion - Clover - 08-31-2013

Sorry to interrupt, and I apologize if this has been asked before, but is there any place where the Hipparion tribe could live? I haven't been able to start RPing my character yet due to the initial hype for the game, but I feel a bit lost as to how to start since I don't know where the tribe is supposed to live, or where I could regularly meet the other tribe members ^^;

It'd be cool if we all reunited from time to time to RP tribal scenes... or simply to hang out and get to know all the characters better. We're a family, after all!

Sorry if such things have been discussed already. Since I've been levelling Clover so far, I haven't had access to the tribe chat. I shall when I go hardcore on levelling K'mih.

RE: Hipparion tribe - organization & discussion - Ildur - 08-31-2013

If you read the wiki page, you'll see:

Quote:Location: Deep in the Sagolii Desert

If you wonder where that is exactly in-game, that's in Eastern Thanalan, somewhere around where Camp Drybone is. There's a FATE that mentions some creatures coming or living there (I forgot the exact wording).

RE: Hipparion tribe - organization & discussion - Clover - 08-31-2013

(08-31-2013, 05:52 AM)Ildur Wrote: If you read the wiki page, you'll see:

Quote:Location: Deep in the Sagolii Desert

If you wonder where that is exactly in-game, that's in Eastern Thanalan, somewhere around where Camp Drybone is. There's a FATE that mentions some creatures coming or living there (I forgot the exact wording).
Thank you for the answer! I knew they lived in the Sagolii desert, but I was wondering if there was any spot in-game that would work as "home".

RE: Hipparion tribe - organization & discussion - Torvhan - 08-31-2013

I've been scouring wiki's for information for the timeline, and the last location I see is Ul'dah, from K'raqi's wiki our tribe split to escape drought and those of us that fled with K'raqi are the ones who survived dalamund's fall.

Course we would have to ask growly on to whether the tribe stayed in Ul'dah or moved back to the desert.

As for roleplaying locations, I don't know if we have 100% confirmation on how housing works, but from the video I saw it seems to be instanced zone, i don't know if people have other plans but I think it would be cool if when we have money, we group up and spawn an Ul'dah housing district for the tribe.

On a side note: this question made me realize the "Great Migration" was not the trip to Ul'dah but much longer ago *runs to update timeline*

RE: Hipparion tribe - organization & discussion - Ildur - 08-31-2013

I was unaware of the information located in K'raqi's wiki page. If it's accurate and everyone agreed to it (I wasn't present for the discussions that took place over Skype), it should be rephrased for the tribe's main wiki page since the escape from the desert and the obliteration of the rest of the tribe is a pretty significant event.

Of course, maybe K'raqi's is implying that only some escaped with him while others escaped by other means?

RE: Hipparion tribe - organization & discussion - Torvhan - 08-31-2013

On another note was playing on lodestone, and looking around for people I knew I searched up quite a few members of the tribes namedays so I'll but updating those on the timeline.

By the way, growly, K'raqi's nameday differs between your wiki and lodestone was he born at midnight? Big Grin

Edit: Kinra's birth month is also different.

RE: Hipparion tribe - organization & discussion - Naunet - 08-31-2013

(08-31-2013, 12:22 PM)Ildur Wrote: I was unaware of the information located in K'raqi's wiki page. If it's accurate and everyone agreed to it (I wasn't present for the discussions that took place over Skype), it should be rephrased for the tribe's main wiki page since the escape from the desert and the obliteration of the rest of the tribe is a pretty significant event.

Of course, maybe K'raqi's is implying that only some escaped with him while others escaped by other means?

K'raqi was going to rewrite that part of his bio, but things have come up.

Rough outline: When Dalamud began to fall, a large number of the tribe's huntresses left to join the fight against the Empire. A few of the tias and nunhs followed soon after, leaving a skeleton of the tribe behind - mostly those too old, children, and those simply unwilling to fight on a battlefield. When Bahamut was setting fire to erryfing, the tribe fled to hide in the cliffs at the western edge of the desert to try and escape the giant balls o' fire dropping down from the sky. Eventually, a few survivors of the battle returned, carrying with them as many of their dead as they could find. The tribe's population has been decimated as a result.

RE: Hipparion tribe - organization & discussion - Torvhan - 09-01-2013

Afternoon folks, being that servers are still acting up, I've continued work on the Timeline and Register, focus so far on Keepers tribal history questions to follow:

Has Senah been renamed to Kinra?
-She is not mentioned in Khaze'to's wiki, only Kinra as the youngest and Kinra is not on the timeline.

Is it K'sheynar(timeline) or K'sheyna(Khaze'to's wiki)"

Also for timeline updates: Nasha'a is not listed (Nasha's youngest son)

Going to go work on estimating ranges for the reigns of the older Nunh's now.

RE: Hipparion tribe - organization & discussion - Torvhan - 09-01-2013

In effort to figure out who my character would know I went through the lists and made a reorganized listing of the tribe, please if any of this is wrong let me know. But I figured it might be helpful to see who is where.

On that note this assumes that if you are not missing or have left that you have been spending most your time with the tribe. I realize PC's will be adventuring so you can think of this as more of people who have been around for the past few years.

Main Camp
Show Content

The Missing
Those who have drifted away, or left the tribe. Amongst finding lost pieces of the tribes history, K'mana feels a constant tug to find those members of the tribe who were scattered. Even if she cannot bring them back into the fold, she still thinks family should stay in contact, and K'mana keeps tabs on every member of the tribe.

Note: IC K'mana has not located any of these people, locations are listed for organization purposes.
Show Content

I have nothing for the Keeper branch yet, and I am unsure if K'mana has unearthed any information on K'shenyar yet.

A couple closing questions, I saw the shaman's duties but who are the shaman's in the tribe at the moment?

Also how is the tribe ruled, what is the role of the elders and what part do the nunh's play in running the tribe?

RE: Hipparion tribe - organization & discussion - Ildur - 09-01-2013

Quote:Also how is the tribe ruled, what is the role of the elders and what part do the nunh's play in running the tribe?

The tribe is ruled by a Council of Elders which, I assume, are the oldest members of the tribe. This also answers question two.
The official lore implies that nunh almost never take on positions of leadership. I don't think we have decided to move away from that, so nunh have no role in running the tribe. Their role in the tribe is to be chosen by the females for mating.

No idea if we have assigned a shaman/s. A Non-Player-Character, maybe? Remember that the timeline and the family tree only involve characters made by players (as they are the only ones relevant for other players, really), so there's probably a bunch of other members of the tribe around. They are just not listed.

RE: Hipparion tribe - organization & discussion - Naunet - 09-01-2013

(09-01-2013, 06:33 PM)Torvhan Wrote: A couple closing questions, I saw the shaman's duties but who are the shaman's in the tribe at the moment?

Also how is the tribe ruled, what is the role of the elders and what part do the nunh's play in running the tribe?

1. Anti used to be the tribe's healer and had been training K'ailia before the Calamity. After the Calamity, she couldn't bear to meet any duties pertaining to the tribe. Presumably, while K'ailia went off to Gridania to learn conjury, someone else (or a group of someones) took over the medical and otherwise shamanistic needs of the tribe. That duty may fall to K'ailia now, depending on how certain RP goes (yes, Ailia, I'm working on it!).

2. The current tribal elders are K'deiki, K'jhanhi (former nunh, now well beyond his mating years), K'trynu, and K'takka. They guide the tribe in legal and social decisions, serve as advisers and counselors on both an individual and group basis, and lay down ultimatums when necessary.

I'd also like to note that I'm currently making some very significant edits to the tribe's family tree, particularly with regards to Khaze'to's and K'raqi's branches.

RE: Hipparion tribe - organization & discussion - Torvhan - 09-02-2013

So shamans are the keepers of the tribes history and lore, is this passed through oral tradition, or has it been transcribed.

Is information on those who have left the tribe hidden or restricted in any way?

Couple Character based questions

Antimony: Given K'piru's status as a tribal shaman, and also her field of expertise. K'mana would likely have been badgering her for stories often, as well as learning her beginning skills with arcanum along with K'piru's daughters. This would mean K'mana would likely recognize K'piru if she ever ran into her at the guild. Would you mind being written to her backstory as childhood mentor?

During K'mana's trial(this occured about a year after dalamunds fall)after tracking down her prey, she refused to make the kill due to a feeling an immediately set out on her foraging. Seeking someone or some piece of important information on where a missing or wayward member of the tribe might have gone. The discovery would have occurred around half a year to four years ago. Before K'mana joined the arcanist guild. Does anyone want to have been "found" or drop information she could have returned with?